St.Johnstone V St.Mirren - Saturday 25th February

SaintJet

St.Mirren have been on a really good run recently even after a bump in the road against Motherwell. They have serious top six aspirations and it's hard to argue with that.

We need to be on top of our game for this and need to be watertight at the back. The other Saints have a good strike partnership up front and will put real pressure on us. Our back players will know they are in a game and have to endure that wee assasin Mane who might be the dirtiest player in the league.

Assume we will be starting with the same team that won at Tannadice on Saturday.  Hope Stevie can continue his form and I can see Clark getting in the act too.

Win this and we can start looking at a genuine push for top six.

Anyone else really struggle to get motivated for games at McDiarmid these days?

Fancy a refreshment before the game? Then come along to the Muirton Suite and queue for 30 minutes to be given a pint of flat lager.

Fancy a nice macaroni pie or another speciality pie? Why not queue for another 30 minutes only to be told that there is none left.

Fancy watching some dire football? Then why not watch Callum Davidson exciting brand of attacking football at our home stadium that has seen us win 13 homes games out of 50 and scored the grand total of zero goals in 22 of these games.

23 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

Fancy a refreshment before the game? Then come along to the Muirton Suite and queue for 30 minutes to be given a pint of flat lager.

Fancy a nice macaroni pie or another speciality pie? Why not queue for another 30 minutes only to be told that there is none left.

Fancy watching some dire football? Then why not watch Callum Davidson exciting brand of attacking football at our home stadium that has seen us win 

It's the Callum effect.

1 hour ago, Aitchy said:

Fancy watching some dire football? Then why not watch Callum Davidson exciting brand of attacking football at our home stadium that has seen us win 13 homes games out of 50 and scored the grand total of zero goals in 22 of these games.

All good points Aitchy but it's the football fan in us that keeps us coming back.

I would love to see an exciting performance and us hopefully go in two up at half time. 

I've been saying it for the longest time - we are overdue.

4 hours ago, pezza70 said:

Three points against them and the sneaky push for a top 6 is on.

A quick question will CD bring Considine back into the team this week ( if his suspension is up) his last game was a shambles but on the whole he has been solid for us this season 

Course he will! He's one of Cals untouchables.

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Mathews

Brown             Mitchell.         Consadine            Montgomery

Wright.                     Phillips.             McPherson.          Hallberg

Clark.                   May.

You'd play Hallberg as a left winger? 

56 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Ideally McLennon or Spoony but I think Davidson will want Hallberg in his team. He will probably play Gordon before Mitchell.

He will probably play a back 5 anyway.

I think this is why we shouldn't play 4-4-2 tomorrow. You can't play all three of Hallberg, MacPherson and Phillips in that formation unless you shove one of them out of position, and what's the point in that? For me we need to stick with a central midfield three while those three are working well together. Either that, or one of them has to drop down to the bench.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Ideally McLennon or Spoony but I think Davidson will want Hallberg in his team. He will probably play Gordon before Mitchell.

He will probably play a back 5 anyway.

At the moment Gordon & Mitchell are as good or bad as one another so I would prefer to play the signed player rather than the loan player. That is nothing against loan players but I feel if there is no difference in performance then the signed player should play. 

51 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think this is why we shouldn't play 4-4-2 tomorrow. You can't play all three of Hallberg, MacPherson and Phillips in that formation unless you shove one of them out of position, and what's the point in that? For me we need to stick with a central midfield three while those three are working well together. Either that, or one of them has to drop down to the bench.

Actually Murphy would probably be a better fit on the left but as he hasn't even been brought on as a sub in the last couple of games , that's not going to happen.

36 minutes ago, Stumpy1949 said:

At the moment Gordon & Mitchell are as good or bad as one another so I would prefer to play the signed player rather than the loan player. That is nothing against loan players but I feel if there is no difference in performance then the signed player should play. 

I actually thing Mitchell would stand up better to the dirtiest player in Scottish football. We also need a ref that won't let Main away with his brutality.