Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

He can’t be serious!!! If we are hanging our hopes on Graham Carey then we are more f****d than I thought we were.

He’ll score the odd goal and have the odd fancy flick but his lack of work ethic, lack of positional sense and lack of perseverance will cost us many more points than his flicks and tricks will win us.

IMG_1820.jpeg

A lot of collum inches have been used talking this guy up and we've seen little evidence where it matters.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

When you can't sign the players you want, the fall back is to say the players you have are like new signings if you move them slightly on the pitch.

Or you try to build the confidence of the players who were chucked under a bus by our previous manager by playing in ridiculous positions which did not suit their skillset. 

Is Carey fantastic, no but when played in his more natural position during the last few games, he looked immediately better 

13 hours ago, taylorboy69 said:

Or you try to build the confidence of the players who were chucked under a bus by our previous manager by playing in ridiculous positions which did not suit their skillset. 

Is Carey fantastic, no but when played in his more natural position during the last few games, he looked immediately better 

Agree with this. Carey's highly unlikely to be going anywhere so I'm happy to give him a clean slate and see how he does under a new manager in a new system. Of course he was poor last season but so were pretty much all of them. For me, Carey was just one of many potentially good players who quickly started to look distinctly rubbish after a few weeks under Davidson. Our previous manager brought out the worst in a lot of our players but we have to hope Macca can bring out the best in them. We've seen players transform under different coaching methods before, so hopefully that'll happen again.

I don't think Macca's doing anything wrong in publicly talking up his players. Of course he has to try to build their confidence this summer. They'll all need that after the last year or two. And Carey could very easily be one of the ones who needs it most.

17 hours ago, taylorboy69 said:

I'm not saying the manager is wrong to do this, but it's the classic fall back position

A RUMOUR!! 

Dimitar Mitov is about to transfer to the elite Scottish St. Johnstone, Gong.bg has learned. The former Cambridge United goalkeeper is expected to undergo a medical and sign a contract with the Saints on Wednesday. The 26-year-old Bulgarian guard left the Abbey Stadium as a free agent and was the subject of huge interest from clubs from the English Championship and League 1, and even received an offer from his native efbet League. However, St Johnstone's offer has prevailed, giving Mitov the position of almost certain number 1 under the frame for the new season in the Premier League. The Scots have been impressed by his consistent performances at the Cambridge goal and believe that in him they see the perfect "wall" in the clashes against the giants Celtic and Rangers, as well as in the fight for participation in European club tournaments.

Dimitar Mitov made 165 appearances for his former club, being named as the 2021/22 Player of the Season and named in the Football Association Cup's ideal team in the same campaign after an outstanding performance against Newcastle with 10 saves and a clean sheet. In the past season, Mitov was seriously responsible for the dramatic survival of Cambridge in League 1, secured only in the last round.

6 hours ago, Broggy Man said:

Is a keeper a huge priority

I’d say so. The one we have starting is 22 and has only played 2 games in the top flight, whilst the keeper on the bench is only 16. Even if Jack Wills hadn’t broken his leg I’d still say it’s pretty high up the list of priorities. 

Edited by PSJ.84