Saints manager: who's next?

blueheaven

16 hours ago, tucker said:

Hopefully Macca keeps us up and proves he's more than capable.if it doesn't work out I'd like Billy Dodds think he's done a brilliant job at caley on shoestring budget

I don't know much about Caley's budget situation, but has he really done a brilliant job?

They're not even in the play-off places this season and last season they only managed third place. I'd have thought a club of their size should be aiming to do better than they have under Dodds.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I don't know much about Caley's budget situation, but has he really done a brilliant job?

They're not even in the play-off places this season and last season they only managed third place. I'd have thought a club of their size should be aiming to do better than they have under Dodds.

ICT had a horrendous injury hit season, up to 9 first team regulars out with many long term injury problems. 

Dodds has got great results from a thread bear squad. 

12 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Jody Morris sacked by Swindon if we want to start daft rumours....

He loves us too let’s get him and Steve Bruce in and Dwight Yorke to work with out strikers 😄

Edited by pezza70
Typo

23 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

ICT had a horrendous injury hit season, up to 9 first team regulars out with many long term injury problems. 

Dodds has got great results from a thread bear squad. 

Agree totally well said 

On 5/1/2023 at 4:25 PM, blueheaven said:

This is the most out of touch post I've read on here this week. As said he's had a horrendous injury list and if they win their last game, and Q.P. beat Dundee, could potentially finish 3rd just 3 points off top spot. He's done well to recover their season imo and I'd dread us playing them in the play offs this season. As for next Saints manager, no thanks.

12 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

This is the most out of touch post I've read on here this week. As said he's had a horrendous injury list and if they win their last game, and Q.P. beat Dundee, could potentially finish 3rd just 3 points off top spot. He's done well to recover their season imo and I'd dread us playing them in the play offs this season. As for next Saints manager, no thanks.

I mean, if I'm out of touch with Inverness Caley, I'm fine with that. They're not a club I follow particularly closely.

But the fact remains they're mid-table in the Championship and could yet end up finishing 6th. I still say "brilliant job" and "great results" are stretching the definitions of "brilliant" and "great" about as far as they can possibly be stretched.

On 5/1/2023 at 6:22 AM, RandomGuy said:

ICT dont have a small budget at all.

Caley posted a significant loss last season so can't see them having a decent budget.

Scottish cup will give them a good budget next season. Handy in the premiership.

On 5/1/2023 at 4:25 PM, blueheaven said:

It’s a bit like us. They win Friday night and other two games go their way and they finish second. Or win and are in playoff.

On 5/4/2023 at 12:57 AM, saintgscot said:

It’s a bit like us. They win Friday night and other two games go their way and they finish second. Or win and are in playoff.

... or lose and end up finishing in the bottom half of the table. That's him now guided Caley to their lowest finish in over 20 years. Just had a read of the comments under their latest tweets and a lot of their fans want a change. Seriously not buying into any of this "Dodds has done a brilliant job" stuff.