January Transfer Window

pezza70

37 minutes ago, tucker said:

Seen worse welcome to the club 

Was excited for the crap music before it even started. 😄

Was trying to work out from that video if he's left or right-footed. Unusually for a Saints player he seems pretty comfortable with both feet and hits a few crosses and goals with his left in that video.

Given how many central midfield options we have I'd guess he's coming in as an extra option for the back three?

You always have to careful taking too much from these kind of videos, but he certainly looks like he has a bit of skill about him.

Certainly worth a punt until the end of the season and could end up being a top find.

It's the kind of signing we should be making in my opinion.

Decent player, who's lost their way a bit and we help them get back on track.

It's worked with Matt Smith.

And yeah, I turned the volume down. 😏

Is that the right guy on the  vid.

Stats say he is defender/defensive midfielder but vid shows him mostly high up the pitch.

Hope we get the guy in the vid. Maybe let Smith push further forward.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Defender ?. It says defensive midfielder on transfer market. Don't think we need another defensive midfielder.

From what I can find, he played midfielder for his club and right-back for Israel. His previous club bought him for 1.5 millions euros. He was linked to a transfer to Celtic in 2018. Used to play with Nigel Hasselbaink and Hapoel Be'er Sheva.

Is he maybe going to be used as a right wing back?

42 minutes ago, Linky said:

From what I can find, he played midfielder for his club and right-back for Israel. His previous club bought him for 1.5 millions euros. He was linked to a transfer to Celtic in 2018. Used to play with Nigel Hasselbaink and Hapoel Be'er Sheva.

Is he maybe going to be used as a right wing back?

He turned down Celtic cos his wife refused to live in Glasgow, said she much prefers Dobbie's cafe.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQTZqI2sh6Y/

image.thumb.jpeg.bde54790e85c7413168bf6b738e885ec.jpeg

Edited by MySpazz

37 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Plenty defenders now . 

Brown,Olufunwa,McGowan,Keltjens,McLelland,Gordon ,K Smith,Considine,Gallacher.

Bit short at left side ?.

Does the amount of defenders reflect Leveins mindset.

The ones we had weren’t good enough. I’d expect Keltjens and Kerr Smith will go straight in. So will Ryan McGowan when he returns. So will Drey Wright when he returns. Possibly even Sam McClelland when he’s back.

Brown, Olufunwa, Considine and Gallagher are mince!

4 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

The ones we had weren’t good enough. I’d expect Keltjens and Kerr Smith will go straight in. So will Ryan McGowan when he returns. So will Drey Wright when he returns. Possibly even Sam McClelland when he’s back.

Says he's a defensive midfielder in many biogs

2 minutes ago, Gekko said:

In case anybody can't read it for whatever reason, McPake says he has absolutely no interest in Stevie May and doesn't know where the rumour has come from.

Here or P&B I would imagine.

Thanks, couldn't read it but guess the headline was a bit of click-bait.

That summary does sounds incredibly harsh on Stevie May!

13 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I would imagine Levein is looking at a back 5:

Wright/Keltjens         McGowan           Gordon          Smith         Gallagher

McCelland and Considine as back up for centre backs.

I'd suggest that we're looking to move Brown onwards. Not sure about Olufunwa, apparently he's on a very low wage - perhaps a loan? I expect we're looking for another left wing back to go straight into the team

Has there been any update on Dre Wrights progress? I seen him with his young family in the Muirton Suite after the HIbs game and he looked in good spirits and seemed to be moving around well. I'm hoping he will be a real boost to our squad when he returns.

4 hours ago, Linky said:

I would imagine Levein is looking at a back 5:

Wright/Keltjens         McGowan           Gordon          Smith         Gallagher

McCelland and Considine as back up for centre backs.

I'd suggest that we're looking to move Brown onwards. Not sure about Olufunwa, apparently he's on a very low wage - perhaps a loan? I expect we're looking for another left wing back to go straight into the team

Wouldn't be surprised if Robinson returns as well strong defensive and midfield with sprangler.smith and Phillips and keltjens and McGowan if needed 

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Has there been any update on Dre Wrights progress? I seen him with his young family in the Muirton Suite after the HIbs game and he looked in good spirits and seemed to be moving around well. I'm hoping he will be a real boost to our squad when he returns.

End of Feb seems the earliest.