St.Johnstone V Celtic Sunday 3rd December

SaintJet

• blueheaven changed the title to St.Johnstone V Celtic Sunday 3rd December

I think we can get something out of this one but I'm really looking for Levein to respond to what's happening on the pitch and make changes when they're needed. Against Hearts we survived a few warnings which allowed us to keep it at 0-0 for an hour, but Celtic are far more likely to punish us.

Same as I'd have done last week, I'd stick Kane up front on his own for this one and ask Smith and Carey (if available) to get forward in support. Bring Sprangler back into the team so him and Phillips can protect the defence together.

Are Brown and Considine ruled out? If so I'm a bit worried about our wide areas for this one. Starting a game like this one with Costelloe and Gallacher as our wing-backs isn't ideal. I'd be tempted to bring Olufunwa back into the team to play on the right.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I think we can get something out of this one but I'm really looking for Levein to respond to what's happening on the pitch and make changes when they're needed. Against Hearts we survived a few warnings which allowed us to keep it at 0-0 for an hour, but Celtic are far more likely to punish us.

Same as I'd have done last week, I'd stick Kane up front on his own for this one and ask Smith and Carey (if available) to get forward in support. Bring Sprangler back into the team so him and Phillips can protect the defence together.

Are Brown and Considine ruled out? If so I'm a bit worried about our wide areas for this one. Starting a game like this one with Costelloe and Gallacher as our wing-backs isn't ideal. I'd be tempted to bring Olufunwa back into the team to play on the right.

I agree with Olufunwa going back in to the team.

I feel that Considine being unavailable for this might be a blessing in disguise.

He's had a good season, but when he played against Celtic last year, he let that own goal go in off him, and Celtic's zippy forwards were a bit too fast for him.

Maybe Robinson being younger and more mobile might work better here.

Apart from that, agree with the others who say that we go one up front to put and extra body in midfield.

That would be Sprangler for me.

Kane up front because we don't have a better option for that role.

Gallagher and Brown, if he's available, for the wing backs.

Hopefully Brown has had his brain fart moment for the season in Paisley and can go back to being an unremarkable but hopefully reliable option.

I don't fancy Costelloe there. I think Celtic would target him as a weak link and I don't know if he could handle that pressure.

Gallagher seems to do fine whenever he's called upon.

I'm presuming Carey is unavailable for obvious reasons, so Max to take his place.

Mitov

McGowan Gordon Robinson

Sprangler

Brown Phillips Smith Gallagher

Max

Kane

For me that's decent enough defensively and gives us options going forward.