Dundee V St.Johnstone - Tuesday 2nd January

R.B.B:- Adz

3 minutes ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

well, how about Sunday the 11th at 2pm?   😆

Nice that they have included an explanation for the Sunday rather than the Saturday: https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/dens-park-visit

"There is a full card of SPFL Premiership fixtures the preceding midweek with both Saints and Dundee in action on the Wednesday evening hence the decision to play the fixture on the Sunday."

Not really sure I understand the logic of the Sunday ahead of the Saturday.  They are saying because we are playing Hearts on the Wednesday night (7th), prior to that we are away to Ross County on the 3rd, so the 10th was no use so gone with the 11th so we are not playing 3 games in 7 days. 

Isn't that just exactly what we have done this week?  Airdrie last Saturday, Aberdeen last night and Motherwell on Saturday?   so unsure of what difference it makes giving them 1 more day off.  I'd imagine the majority of people would have preferred a 3pm kickoff on Saturday 10th.   Strange. 

On 1/15/2024 at 9:03 PM, Gort said:

I didn't realise we had groundsmen.

You won’t need than at new stadium. When the elastic band snaps on roof it won’t open  so sun won’t get to grass and it will die. Then you won’t have a pitch and have to use tanadump.

20 hours ago, saintgscot said:

You won’t need than at new stadium. When the elastic band snaps on roof it won’t open  so sun won’t get to grass and it will die. Then you won’t have a pitch and have to 

We have an emergency elastic band incase of problems, wont need Tanny.

On 1/25/2024 at 3:21 PM, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Not really sure I understand the logic of the Sunday ahead of the Saturday.  They are saying because we are playing Hearts on the Wednesday night (7th), prior to that we are away to Ross County on the 3rd, so the 10th was no use so gone with the 11th so we are not playing 3 games in 7 days. 

Isn't that just exactly what we have done this week?  Airdrie last Saturday, Aberdeen last night and Motherwell on Saturday?   so unsure of what difference it makes giving them 1 more day off.  I'd imagine the majority of people would have preferred a 3pm kickoff on Saturday 10th.   Strange. 

Maybe that extra day will help . Team looked jaded on Saturday after putting so much into the game on Wednesday . Pretty sure in the Tommy days we used to always play a Tuesday to give us an extra day to recover for the weekend match . 

22 hours ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Given the forecast in Dundee over the next two days what's the chances their pitch will actually be playable?

Hopefully the new retractable roof doesn't jam or the snow will get in. It looks less than 50-50 if freezing weather in next couple of days.

1 hour ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Chucking it down in Perth......  I really hope the weather clears up over the weekend. I can see the match being cancelled again.

3 points and a 3-0 award to Saints if this game is called off 😛