Saints v the ranjurs Sunday the 18th of February

Setting Son

Wonder what formation the confused supporters of St.Johnstone will see on Sunday . 5-4-1 with May up top on his own . Bound to be his turn .

Won’t be Kane as he took a strop on Sunday after not getting on and he’s >>>>>>>>>>>out the door to Queens Park . 

Levein/Kirk bingo

Wee Max and three Smith’s 

Obviously impossible to predict what Levein's going to do but my guess would be that we revert to our more usual back three, Max and C. Smith come back in, Kimpioka plays on his own up front and Sprangler sits wasting his time on the bench as usual.

So something like:

_______________________Mitov

___________McGowan Gordon Considine

Keltjens ________M. Smith Max ________Robinson

______________C. Smith _______Carey

____________________Kimpioka

(Unless Phillips is fit, in which case he'll probably be in there somewhere.)

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Mitov

Olufunwa - K. Smith - Gordon - Considine - Robinson

Keltjens - M. Smith - Carey - Max - Gallacher

Kimpioka

What we'll get, IMO. Back to the 6-3-1.

I think even with 12 men we will struggle but that will probably be like the team Levein will play with the exception of Max . But will he leave him out.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Obviously impossible to predict what Levein's going to do but my guess would be that we revert to our more usual back three, Max and C. Smith come back in, Kimpioka plays on his own up front and Sprangler sits wasting his time on the bench as usual.

So something like:

_______________________Mitov

___________McGowan Gordon Considine

Keltjens ________M. Smith Max ________Robinson

______________C. Smith _______Carey

____________________Kimpioka

(Unless Phillips is fit, in which case he'll probably be in there somewhere.)

Has there actually been an announcement about the Phillips injury, has he fallen from favour or is it because he may have signed a pre-contract agreement? 

1 hour ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Even with 12 men I can't see us getting anything.

50 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think even with 12 men we will struggle but that will probably be like the team Levein will play with the exception of Max . But will he leave him out.

Take out Kerr Smith 😅

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Has there actually been an announcement about the Phillips injury, has he fallen from favour or is it because he may have signed a pre-contract agreement? 

Would it surprise you if he’s lost the dressing room . Some of the player shaggers on here might know . 

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Muscle injury. Was in The Courier a few weeks back. 

1 hour ago, Aitchy said:

Levein needs to start playing a settled formation/team.

I would go:

Mitov

McGowan Gordon Considine

Keltjens  M Smith Phillips Robinson

Carey

Sidibeh     Benji

If he plays that team I’ll treat you to a Sol y Sombra and a couple of frozen margaritas 

20 hours ago, Aitchy said:

Levein needs to start playing a settled formation/team.

I would go:

Mitov

McGowan Gordon Considine

Keltjens  M Smith Phillips Robinson

Carey

Sidibeh     Benji

I think thats our strongest starting line up.

I am so excited about this game.its just as well it’s at twelve o clock because I couldn’t wait till 3 .

iand hearing Hes deid again how we rule the waves and the resounding sound of the national anthem .

all for £30 .

oh forgot most likely a dodgy penalty with some var decisions thrown in.

whats not to like .

Throw in no dinner and lashings of vodka drunk round the back of tescos .signed a loyal h un

On 2/13/2024 at 10:27 AM, The Kinross Saint said:

Even with 12 men I can't see us getting anything.

On 2/13/2024 at 10:37 AM, Cagey said:

Even with 12 players Sprangler doesn’t get a game!

I'm still a bit conflicted about whether I'll go through to this game on Sunday; I'll make a decision on Sunday morning - I just can't be arsed with all the hassle connected with Rangers fans ( unfair to generalise I know- there are some decent old firm fans out there )  especially when it's on the telly. I'm keen to go to try and exorsise that loss last weekend.

Rangers are undoubtly smelling blood with the league title up for grabs so although they are a far superior team and could easily dismantle us, the pressure on them will be intense especially if Celtic win on Saturday. This hopefully can be to our advantage so I'm expecting Craig Levein to set up with a robust midfield to try and frustrate the opposition. I can see us only playing one up front. I'm laying all my hope on us getting a VAR break - we are long overdue. Perhaps a soft pen...

We lose a lot of goals from crosses. We have to stop the crosses coming in. They scored 3 from Taverniers crosses against County so for this game only I will not object to 5 at back and rely on Benji or Sid getting on the end of the odd punt.