The Split

pezza70

I get that 19/19 is the priority, a Saints win over Aberdeen though pulls Aberdeen right into the 2nd bottom battle. Us having to go to Aberdeen three times could give them an advantage.

Rangers or Celtic would NEVER be asked to visit each other three times. 

Never saw that coming. But then, the big two never seem to give us a result when we need them to.

A one off performance for County? can they keep that level up for another five games. It'll certainly have given them a boost.

Thinking positively, that result maybe brings Aberdeen back into it.

They're still shaky just now and probably thought they were out of it. One bad result and the pressure could be on them.

Glass half full and all that.

5 minutes ago, Gekko said:

Never saw that coming. But then, the big two never seem to give us a result when we need them to.

A one off performance for County? can they keep that level up for another five games. It'll certainly have given them a boost.

Thinking positively, that result maybe brings Aberdeen back into it.

They're still shaky just now and probably thought they were out of it. One bad result and the pressure could be on them.

Glass half full and all that.

They probably only need to keep it up for one more game to get ahead, and stay ahead of us.

What I’d give for our team to put in that level of performance. 

All this result will do is drive Levein and Kirk into an even more defensive mindset. It’s spineless and we’ll be in the play off.

We would have no chance against either Raith Partick or Airdrie as these teams have scored 52,58 44 goals respectively and we have what ? 24? What a travesty it would be if whichever  of them did not make it as they would brighten this piss poor SPL with guys that can score regularly. 

25 minutes ago, Dav69 said:

We would have no chance against either Raith Partick or Airdrie as these teams have scored 52,58 44 goals respectively and we have what ? 24? What a travesty it would be if whichever  of them did not make it as they would brighten this piss poor SPL with guys that can score regularly. 

You understand they wouldn't match that, dont you?

I'd wager that Sidibeh and Kimpioka could hit double figures each if youre saying these teams main striker (Zak Rudden, Brian Graham, Nikolay Todorov) are great strikers.

Obviously football doesn’t work like this but Inverness scored 59 in 21/22.

We are quite reactionary on here (I include myself in this). Although likely having three away games is an advantage, I think we’ll end up in 11th. I still think we’d have enough in the play offs but it doesn’t mean I’d be confident, nor would I have faith in the mentality of this team to get us over the line. We won’t finish bottom though and that has to be seen as a positive from where we were. 

I don’t care if we stay up in 10th position or stay up via the play off as long as we stay up.

The financial implications with new ownership would be a hard sell to the new potential owners.

With the clean out to happen at the end of the season do we have the money to bring in potentially 5 or 6 new players?

10 hours ago, Dav69 said:

People were saying the same thing last time we were in the play-offs and we ended up beating ICT pretty comfortably. Those teams have scored their goals at a significantly lower level than the one we're playing at. Since the play-offs began, they've only been won three times by the Championship club. All the others have been won by the Premiership club.

I wouldn't exactly call myself confident about going into a play-off but we'd definitely be favourites and I think our chances would be decent.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

People were saying the same thing last time we were in the play-offs and we ended up beating ICT pretty comfortably. Those teams have scored their goals at a significantly lower level than the one we're playing at. Since the play-offs began, they've only been won three times by the Championship club. All the others have been won by the Premiership club.

I wouldn't exactly call myself confident about going into a play-off but we'd definitely be favourites and I think our chances would be decent.

I hardly think we won comfortably, given for 135 minutes of the play offs we were still level. The difference then to now is that you had Rooney, Hendry and other senior players digging in and coming up with the goods and essentially dragging us to safety. We don't have that quality or drive from this squads of shitebag players and we cant score goals so any of the lower league teams will see us as a huge chance to beat.

Just now, Widge said:

I hardly think we won comfortably, given for 135 minutes of the play offs we were still level. The difference then to now is that you had Rooney, Hendry and other senior players digging in and coming up with the goods and essentially dragging us to safety. We don't have that quality or drive from this squads of shitebag players and we cant score goals so any of the lower league teams will see us as a huge chance to beat.

I'd say winning by four goals is pretty comfortable. Caley briefly gave us a scare in the first leg but the second leg was very comfortable.

I agree those Saints players were better, but let's not forget that we were in that play-off for a reason. That Saints team finished 11th and as things stand the current team still has us 10th. Maybe also worth nothing that after 33 games of that season we'd scored even fewer goals than the current team has, so although we're bad at scoring goals now, the 2021/22 team was even worse.

The comment I was replying to said we'd have "no chance" and I just don't think that's right.