St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Saturday 27th April

SaintJet

Genuine question, because I'm not 100% sure of the rules, now that United's season is effectively over, and after all he is our player, can we now recall McClelland?

He's match fit and has been playing well by all accounts.

And going by today, we could do with a decent defender on the pitch.

grim stuff agaisnt a team with little to play for, missed opportunity to attack from start with our two fast strikers, another example where levein conservatism shines and then our defence of course still ships goals so what was the gameplan, hope and a whistle...

county implosion probably our only chance or we are certainly playoff bound.

2 hours ago, Dav69 said:

Ever though that because you didn’t spot Dan that he might be away for a piss or in the Gym. Jeeezeee folk should just wait till the squad is announced on a sat before surmising and guessing the team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Courier reporting he is on pain killers so it would suggest he probably wasn't training!

Aberdeen's win puts them out of it, which might help us if they're already turned off when we go there next week.

It really is between us and County now and they've got Hibs next week. I hope that it's this Hibs that turns up in Dingwall.

Livi doing us a favour today but I'm sure they've left it too late for themselves, but if they get a bit of momentum going, then they could still have an effect on how things pan out. Today's result a perfect example of that.

If they win next week at Motherwell and County lose, they'll start to get a bit of belief and then it's us facing them the week after that.

I hope we get Sprangler back before long. It wasn't encouraging that he was never mentioned in interviews before today's game, unless I missed it, and he didn't make the bench.

I like Considine, he's been a good signing, but again today you could tell his age. Which is why I thought it surprising that Levein decided that he'd be a good idea to start against Hibs pacy attack.

A lack of options I suppose, which goes back to my earlier post on McClelland.

Today could have been much worse, goal line clearances and Mitov keeping it respectable.

And as Havana Saint has said, that Kimpioka goal could prove to be really important.

We might again have to rely on others being worse than us.

What a clear-out needs to happen in the summer though.

Dan Phillips gives away silly fouls all the time and we were punished with a belter, but what followed was an utter disgrace.

A team of bang average individuals most of whom will mercifully be away in the summer.

Seeing Wright the only positive on another nightmare of a day as a St Johnstone fan.

44 minutes ago, Gekko said:

Genuine question, because I'm not 100% sure of the rules, now that United's season is effectively over, and after all he is our player, can we now recall McClelland?

He's match fit and has been playing well by all accounts.

And going by today, we could do with a decent defender on the pitch.

He can't play for us until the transfer window opens, so no.

Today was one of the most pathetic performances I've ever seen from a Saints team. Zero heart or fight on the pitch or from the manager. Just a shell of a team praying others fail.

18 minutes ago, Gekko said:

Aberdeen's win puts them out of it, which might help us if they're already turned off when we go there next week.

It really is between us and County now and they've got Hibs next week. I hope that it's this Hibs that turns up in Dingwall.

Livi doing us a favour today but I'm sure they've left it too late for themselves, but if they get a bit of momentum going, then they could still have an effect on how things pan out. Today's result a perfect example of that.

If they win next week at Motherwell and County lose, they'll start to get a bit of belief and then it's us facing them the week after that.

I hope we get Sprangler back before long. It wasn't encouraging that he was never mentioned in interviews before today's game, unless I missed it, and he didn't make the bench.

I like Considine, he's been a good signing, but again today you could tell his age. Which is why I thought it surprising that Levein decided that he'd be a good idea to start against Hibs pacy attack.

A lack of options I suppose, which goes back to my earlier post on McClelland.

Today could have been much worse, goal line clearances and Mitov keeping it respectable.

And as Havana Saint has said, that Kimpioka goal could prove to be really important.

We might again have to rely on others being worse than us.

What a clear-out needs to happen in the summer though.

And that includes the management team.F-ing clueless

10 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Dan Phillips gives away silly fouls all the time and we were punished with a belter, but what followed was an utter disgrace.

A team of bang average individuals most of whom will mercifully be away in the summer.

Seeing Wright the only positive on another nightmare of a day as a St Johnstone fan.

Agree re Phillips and the rest being bang average, maybe even worse.

First half was a disgrace and typical Leveinball. Pass back , TRY to keep possession and don't allow the wing backs to cross midway.

Clark is now a waste of a jersey. Stevie May did more the wee while he was on than Clark did the whole game.

If we don't get rid of Levein , were are down.

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Why ,are you not worried about automatic relegation after today ???

Naw ! Seen enough shite stale SPL for the  last 2-3 seasons and the sooner CL Gets to @@@@  the better. This potential new owner ain’t gonna give a shit if we are league below as he’s already seen what assets he can strip with selling the land. You think this guy is looking to purchase for the love of St Johnstone …… !!!!

Just home from the game 

Everyone on the park should be hanging there head in shame no forward passing till the last ten minutes not one in today's team would have had made on to the subs bench when we first moved in to mcdermid as for the so called manager get him to feck..........

For an employee of any Football Club in the position we’re in, to openly show they are a supporter of the opposition should be a sackable offence.

IF and I do still believe we ll stay up, but IF we go down, costs will need to be cut and our Hibs supporting groundsman should be first to go.

I know he s worn Hibs socks when we play Hibs for many years but when we’re in the situation we’re in just now, it’s defo not appropriate.

The game itself, shit performance, deserved nothing but thankfully County didn’t gain anything on us.

Can’t remember when I last witnessed such an awful performance. No structure, no pace, no skill. What in gods name was Levein and his sidekick doing to prepare the team for this winnable game? How can he stand and watch a team that is devoid of fight, structure and know how be systematically dismantled by a team that are average at best….. and wait for an hour before taking any action. Only Mitov performed as expected, Wright and May showed desire and made a bit of a difference, Connor Smith ? …. Sent on for 30 minutes…..as in previous games showed exactly why he was playing in some crap team down south… is this what Levein genuinely believes will help the team survive relegation.

last hope is that the team picks something up away from home because they simply are incapable of playing on the front foot. Frankly this team and management do not deserve to stay up…… if we somehow survive the only hope is that there are new owners on board who are watching this mess and act decisively both in terms of getting rid of the management team and the bulk of the squad.

2 hours ago, saintee in exile said:

Hope the new potential owners aren't watching!

He was there today apparently! What must he be thinking?!

An absolutely spineless performance from us today. Understandably people are venting their anger at Levein, which I agree with, but the players need to take a share of the blame as well. Happy to pick up a wage, but can’t be bothered to do the basics like tracking runners, playing simple passes or beating the first man at corners.

The only player in this current squad I would be sorry to leave is Mitov. Our captain has been miles off it for along time now. Absolutely no leadership throughout the team.

Im at the stage now where relegation wouldn’t bother me. It might be a chance to clear the decks and try and get a group of players on who look like they want to play for us. If Airdrie don’t go up, we should be trying to get Rhys McCabe in. A young manager who has his side playing good football, they are well structured and he will have some ambition and hunger about him. Leveins usual boring interviews and snidey wee jokes are beyond boring now.