#04 - 21/08/11 - Celtic 0-1 Saints - SPL

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent result. Good performance too. Kept the ball on the ground a lot and quite solid at the back. Wrights double tackle was superb. There's the making of a decent centre back pairing there. Yep, we got the breaks, but we were long overdue them. Absolutely delighted.

Watched to first half on line then had to go out but listened for updates on 5 live. The Scottish reporter said that Jody bossed the midfield for most of the game. No Mooner, no Andrew (on here yet), so what might that tell you?

Sweet victory.

err... he hasn't got back from Glasgow yet?

Been down loads of times to the old firm without ever seeing us get a result. Makes it all worthwhile tonight though. Celtic fans streaming out with ten mins to go. All the players not playing were in ith the Saints fans. Saw Peter Mcdonald and Jim Weir in with us too. Approx 200 Saintees I reckon. Anyone got an accurate figure ? To think we nearly turned back when still stuck in roadworks at Stirling at half two. Excellent excellent day.

I was a doubter I must admit, after the first three games it was hard. But as someone said on a previous thread "we will probably go to Celtic Park and win". He was right and thats what makes being a Saints fan extra special.

We deserve to be in the SPL playing good or bad, and when playing badly we sometimes forget who we are and what we expect. So when wins like this happens it makes it all the more worthwhile.

Well done Saints, Well done Dell and well done to all the fans who went to witness it today.