Another shop bites the dust...

sjfc99

Anyone got any idea where the Sainsbury's in the High Street is going?Can't think of a space big enough for it?

It's only giong to be one of their town 'Local' shops so could fit in quite a few of the empty ones, the main Sainsbury is going up at the old bull market, by Dobbies

Edited by Kevin

Give it 10-15 years. They'll be clinging on with the generation that don't quite trust the internet. I can't imagine they'll get a great deal of business from those that are of a working age

Working in the travel industry I would these shops will be around for a lot longer than that, while people can search for things online there are many who use the experience of the staff to find holidays they just either would not get online or know where to even start looking. Fair enough if you just want a bucket and spade holiday to Spain but not for something complex.

The number of home based agents has gone up but some people still actually trust walking into a shop and speaking to someone who has been to the resort of country.

The new Sainsburys will be in the High Street, right across the road from Millets (outdoors clothing) shop. The shop was empty for years. They are next to Barclays Bank, which is on the corner of High Street, Kinnoull Street.

What has been in that spot over the years ? I seem to remember a clothes shop with upstairs as well.

What has been in that spot over the years ? I seem to remember a clothes shop with upstairs as well.

Last shop was a smelly charity shop which was riddled with dampness .

A lot of man and machine hours and steel beams and cement were put into this at least 4 yrs. ago, as the building was falling down.

Since then the shutters have remained up.