Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rangers get what Rangers want. The only major exception has been due to the outcry of supporters earlier this year, without which the SPL would have put the newco straight back in. Because of this, the orks are even more vile, bitter and twisted because they didn't get their own way. Rangers are the root cause of corruption in Scottish football. The Scottish press will not properly investigate any scandal associated with them, the media in general will only be happy when they are back in the top flight. The authorities will not take sufficient action against those that send threats to those who adjudicate against them. The stewards will do little against them, but at the same time take tough action against other supporters. Match officials are intimidated, and being only human (yes really, referees are human) they will inevitably give decisions Rangers way on occassions. Alex Salmod and other politicians are deafening with their silence since Salmond spoke in favour of Rangers when all this kicked off in the spring. Chucky Green can get away with spouting bilge when other chairmen would get hammered. And if anybody dared to criticise the almighty untouchable Walter Smith in public, they might as well string themselves up in George Square and be damned forever more. Montrose technically told the truth, but no one in the Scottish media would dare defend them. This underlying crap is endemic in the soul of Scottish football, and putting them in Div 3 will not cure the disease.

Discuss.

Rangers get what Rangers want. The only major exception has been due to the outcry of supporters earlier this year, without which the SPL would have put the newco straight back in. Because of this, the orks are even more vile, bitter and twisted because they didn't get their own way. Rangers are the root cause of corruption in Scottish football. The Scottish press will not properly investigate any scandal associated with them, the media in general will only be happy when they are back in the top flight. The authorities will not take sufficient action against those that send threats to those who adjudicate against them. The stewards will do little against them, but at the same time take tough action against other supporters. Match officials are intimidated, and being only human (yes really, referees are human) they will inevitably give decisions Rangers way on occassions. Alex Salmod and other politicians are deafening with their silence since Salmond spoke in favour of Rangers when all this kicked off in the spring. Chucky Green can get away with spouting bilge when other chairmen would get hammered. And if anybody dared to criticise the almighty untouchable Walter Smith in public, they might as well string themselves up in George Square and be damned forever more. Montrose technically told the truth, but no one in the Scottish media would dare defend them. This underlying crap is endemic in the soul of Scottish football, and putting them in Div 3 will not cure the disease.

Discuss.

I whole heartily agree, I feel in three years when they are back, my days of going to the football will end, as I cannot stand the gloating and corruption in our game any longer.

The end is certainly nigh for Scottish Football when they are back. I give it five years before total collapse. Fans will leave in droves.

...though if the wishes and expectations of many sevco fans come to pass most of the current SPL clubs will be bust so I've no idea who they'll be playing.

Although if everybody goes bust then they can all come back as The Hibernian, The Motherwell etc and we can all vote ourselves back into the league.

Discuss.

Completely agree (obviously except for the bit about Saint Walter the Lovely, who is clearly everybody's favourite uncle and has never even so much as said a sweary word). I'd suggest we all make the absolute most of this period without them, because when/if they return to the top flight, they'll instantly ruin everything again. It'll be back to Rangers v Celtic this, Celtic v Rangers that. Those matches represent everything that stinks about Scottish football and Scotland in general. I've never watched one in my life, and I never will.

In a weird way the preservation of the rubbish SPL suddenly seems like a good idea, if only because Charles Green has promised that TFOD will never be a part of it. Will be very interesting to see what happens a few years down the line if they're at the top of the First Division and reconstruction still hasn't happened. Surely clubs can't be allowed to just pick and choose whether they want to accept promotion?

Unfortunately, of course, there's not a helluva lot we can do about any of this as fans, but one thing we can all do is never forget what they've done, and never forget that they are not who they say they are, and never allow them to simply pretend that none of this happened. This is now a part of their (very short) history forever.

Incidentally, I know a lot of people will maintain that there are lots of nice, normal, sane-minded "Rangers" fans out there, but after all that's happened I really have to seriously question the ethics of any person who would continue to think it's a club they'd want to support. If Saints and Saints fans behaved the way Sevco and their fans do, I'd have washed my hands of the club quite some time ago. Fortunately, we all know Saints will never behave in this way. And that's why we're better than them - always have been, always will be.

Discuss.

There's nothing to discuss, you're 100% correct. I have consistently said all year that they should have been kicked out forever. The opportunity was there briefly back in the summer, but the cowards who run and commentate on Scottish football failed to act ethically, and the chance was missed. The tax cheats broke every rule in the book, and yet Scottish football bent its own rules to allow them to stay in the league.

Ach well, as blueheaven says, let's enjoy this and the following two seasons. Right now, WE are the people.

Well said bluey. And as far as their supporters well compare and contrast with one of my mates. Was a travel everywhere home and abroad Chelsea fan. And then Romanski arrived and he can't stamnd the club and it's ways now and has dumped them. Now supports his local team - Aldershot - as he says - a real team.. Like ours.

Thing with Rangers is their fans. Club history etc second to none...but the fans. Chav or Ned is an insult to Chavs and Neds!

Club history second to none, seriously? I'd say their club history (OldCo that is) is a massive embarrassment to Scotland, given that it included a long-standing openly sectarian employment policy, followed by years of outright cheating.

Be patient. Green will shaft them soon enough.

I have been saying this for a while. Green is playing a very clever game where he will eventually walk away with double (or more) than he put in.

The orks just cant see that he will say anything to butter them up, regardless if he believes it or not or thinks that what he is saying is a lot of tosh

• 2 weeks later...

I have been saying this for a while. Green is playing a very clever game where he will eventually walk away with double (or more) than he put in.

The orks just cant see that he will say anything to butter them up, regardless if he believes it or not or thinks that what he is saying is a lot of tosh

Well that cross eyed cant McCann managed it at Septic.