Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't think it's that drastic for them. I'm guessing the winding order will force Newco to declare their assets and therefore reveal their ability to pay what they owe (or indeed not as they ase is unlikely to be) - but I'm still baffled as to why they keep getting themselves in such pickles. Maybe they just like being in the news as it suits their 'everyone hates us' agenda and bolsters the deluded pride of their followers.

An unfolding tale on a number of blogs, some quite detailed facts emerging on TSFM I don't know how accurate the information is though, but it's not looking good for Sevco.

Nothing appearing in newspapers up there I'd guess, no journo's at least asking questions, how can that be? I suppose it's one of those very rare occasions when it simply isn't in the public interest.

My favourite bit is "Rangers will no longer run from bullies".............for decades THEY were the feckin bullies, manipulating and threatening to ensure that Scottish football went their way, that they got the lion's share of finances that came into the game and that, along with their brothers from across the City, fixture lists etc were arranged to suit their needs.

They are not being bullied, they are simply getting back what they dished out......

It doesnt seem that its being reported in Scotland however.

The BBC web pages normally try to squeeze some Rangers news into the Sports section, even into sections it shouldn't be in (SPL for example) but this story only appears in the Glasgow and West Scotland part of the Scotland news. Is there some pro-Rangers numpty working in this department who is filtering what gets published?

I must be missing some point here but are Rangers not just disputing the the amount of the bill and the Singapore company are just upping it. Rangers could pay that bill and more with one home game.

The wonders of Bankruptcy - Let's use some arbitrary figues - Cost of a game for an individual supporter £20, crowd 50000, costs of hosting a game £100,000 = net £900,000. Pay Singapore Co. £400,000 = £500,000 to pay a low wage bill etc. Lots of money. Do they need to pay old company creditors anything? NO.

It feels like cheating to clubs not in that position and that's why all and sundry were furious. Yet their fans don't think they are a new entity - They are and that's why they don't need to pay the old entity's creditors. (If they think they're the original entity then they can then pay the original entity's bills if they want £50 - £100m - they should stop this being oppressed by the SFA etc. - they are a very lucky new club)

* these figures are just for example to show the principle that they can pay this current bill I believe..

They are stupid rising to the bait. And in truth we know that to an extent we are baiting them - albeit baiting them with bucket loads of truth. I don't get why they don't just ignore the stuff they don't like (everything and everybody except themselves).

The only opinion out there that REALLY matters to them is that of whoever sits judgement on the HMRC tax case. The only institutation or outside agency that will bring Sevco Newco down will be HMRC - and you don't hear much from them. Sticks and stones...and all that.

We now seem to have the playground bully cornered by a load of wee kids he's bullied in the past - and he is cursing and swearing and threatening one and all with dire consequences. Whilst in the background stands the 'playground champion'. The big, quiet, intelligent guy with a dislike of playground bullies, who believes in fair-play, and has a grudge against this guy. Just biding his time, listening to what is going on, but preparing for the moment he'll step in and lay the bully flat on his back with one sweetly timed punch to his porcelain jaw.

The wonders of Bankruptcy - Let's use some arbitrary figues - Cost of a game for an individual supporter £20, crowd 50000, costs of hosting a game £100,000 = net £900,000. Pay Singapore Co. £400,000 = £500,000 to pay a low wage bill etc. Lots of money. Do they need to pay old company creditors anything? NO.

It feels like cheating to clubs not in that position and that's why all and sundry were furious. Yet their fans don't think they are a new entity - They are and that's why they don't need to pay the old entity's creditors. (If they think they're the original entity then they can then pay the original entity's bills if they want £50 - £100m - they should stop this being oppressed by the SFA etc. - they are a very lucky new club)

* these figures are just for example to show the principle that they can pay this current bill I believe..

THE Rangers don`t do paying bills.