Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They reckon they are about to repay the £5 million loan to Mike Ashley, where the feck are they getting that from?

According to King it only took him an hour to raise £5 million from major shareholders, in other words the £5 million is now owed elsewhere though to be fair that might be better from The The's point of view.

Good evening SA.

Thank you for posting that link, absolute belter by RTC however, if a multitude of SMSM Stenographers, backed by numerous Television and Radio sporting pundits, ex-players and any prolific personality willing to toe the party line are to be believed, supporters of 'diddy' clubs such as St Johnstone are simply not interested in seeking atonement for the failure of the authorities to adequately govern Scottish football between the years 1999-2011.

Neither, it would seem, are we interested in ensuring that rules are fairly applied to a certain club which might (I say might because the COS decision regarding EBT's is to be appealed by BDO) have been guilty of fielding inelligible players throughout the years mentioned above. Such rules, when applied to all other clubs, dictate that where inelligible players are deemed to participate then match results are adjusted to reflect a 0-3 defeat.

Such adjustments would have caused said team to exit cups at earlier stages which would obviously preclude them taking part in cup finals or, in the case of the league, would have meant they were not the top team come end of season.

There would be no need for fans of the other 41 clubs to call for title nor trophy stripping as the revised league positions and cup exit points would speak for themselves.

It would surely then follow that one Charles Green had actually bought a corrupt version :roll:of oldco's history, who knows what this might ultimately lead to.

-----------------

As an aside someone has done some research and the following information is freely available on www. Whilst I cannot vouch for the accuracy of any of the following ‌information, I do know that I attended many Saints matches during these periods ploughing money in to what was basically rigged tournaments.

"If St Johnstone hadn't been beaten by tax avoiding Gers between 2000-2010,
they would have reached two cup finals, one semi final and one     quarter final"

172    Victim        Season        Competition    Round Rangers        Who Victim
                                                                      cheated in                 Should Have
                                                                      and won                     Played in
                                                                                                        next round

173    St Johnstone    2007-2008    Scottish Cup    Semi Final        Queen of the South    

174    St Johnstone    2008-2009    Scottish Cup    Fourth Round        Forfar Athletic    

175    St Johnstone    2003-2004    League Cup    Quarter Finals        Hibernian    

176    St Johnstone    2009-2010    League Cup    Semi Final        St Mirren    

177    St Johnstone    2001-2002    SPL        Relegation        SPL next Season    

To see how other clubs would have been affected:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dhAk4K4f1aaWIZScFH9QpCXx1W8a-802o60kS3BEOwI/htmlview?pli=1#

Edited by Indicator
To add.

I think there are a number of factors impinging on the thinking of other SFPPFFL clubs. I know there are answers to each of these, so don't dive bomb me, and I would strip the cheats of their titles yesterday, but fwiw:

1. The extra TV and gate money when the bigots claw their way back into the top tier.

2. The European co-efficient (eventually).

3. Folk want to move on.

4. The top tier will be competitive (eventually).

5. But perhaps the most important one is, how do you define what Dead Rangers did in a way that would not result in numerous other clubs who have acted financially irresponsibly facing the same penalty now and in the future? There might not be title-stripping, but most clubs in Scotland have lost out on league placing money, another cup round, etc etc etc because of a team above them in the league/they lost to in a club ignoring their governance responsibilities? And what happens if Sevco take us all to court - could last for years, and would cost the SPPFL and our wee club mega bucks.

6. Also, never forget that a sizeable proportion of SPFLLPF managers are probably of the Sevco persuasion when it comes down to it.

Bit short of time AS but if I can quickly comment on your points 5 and 6.

5. Although I agree that a number of clubs, unlike ourselves, were financially irresponsible in that they overspent, none, as far as I am aware, blatently used money that was due in tax payments to finance their team. Nor did they refuse to reply honestly when queried by HMRC (on a number of occasions) about methods of remunerating their players. Sure some went into admin and those that were unable to navigate the consequences ended up like Gretna. There is of course still a re-named Gretna but does not purport to be the old dead club.

6. I see where you are coming from on this one. You have to throw in members of the board of directors being of one persuasion or the other. I remember, in Muirton days, when the Cherry Bank Inn was used as an evening venue for board meetings or social chat, can't remember. It was well known that a number of members were closely aligned with one or other of the two Glasgow clubs. That's one of the problems in Scottish football everyone is assumed to be of one persuasion or the other no neutrality will be accepted - innit!    

On 5, I agree, but Sevco could tie Scottish football in knots with expensive lawyers for years over that. See 3.

On 6, well said. I mind recently dipping into the sewer of one of the Sevco forums, where there was generally a warm feeling towards our Tommy, because, and I quote one of the cavemen, "at the end of the day, he's a good Protestant man".

Just pause for a moment, and consider the fact that, in 21st century Scotland, that would get a lot of nods.

A LOT of nods. How many times have folk on here enquired as to someone's footy team, in the hope of some banter, to be met with "well I don't follow football, but I suppose I'm Rangers". Translation - "oh f uck, you're not a catholic are ye??"

Everyone knows the old lot broke numerous rules....

Why cant we have a SA-style truth and reconcilliation court where they own up to their past deeds, we accept that most others would have done the same in their position at that time, and just move on. If newco/oldco/sevco whatever theyre called this week, simply said, rules were broken, and its definitaley not going to happen again, we could put all this PR car crash in the past

Ashley fails to get King the jail.

Aye but, he did manage to get him to tell wee porkies in the High Court which means that he did the same at the AGM.

Jings !!

All them shareholders made to look utter fools having given him a standing ovation after he said he had raised the 5m, in a day.

Question is which of those two events is going to prove most costly for DCK.

Edited by Indicator

Aye but, he did manage to get him to tell wee porkies in the High Court which means that he did the same at the AGM.

Jings !!

All them shareholders made to look utter fools having given him a standing ovation after he said he had raised the 5m, in a day.

Question is which of those two events is going to prove most costly for DCK.

Well spotted Indicator.

Caught out telling porkies in court and the judge lets it slide!!??

Mind you the judge claims " I've never been a mason" and then later is quoted as saying.."But it would have been an honour to be nominated by a legend like John Greig"

:confused::confused:  W.T.F. !!

p.s. c'mon the Morton.

Edited by Oldermoresensiblepack

King will also find that it is not a good idea to brief QCs to stand up in court and tell porkies on your behalf.  Ashley's guy probably does not trust his briefing either which would explain why he had it checked first before standing up the next day and saying The The were still £500k short in their efforts to raise the £5 million.

PS Wonder which "money off the scale" shareholder has not come up with his £500k pledge?

PPS They were also supposed to have happily promised to come up with the £2.5 million needed to keep the lights on until they can start selling season tickets again.  At the very least the word "happily" does not apply.

It's surprising how quickly Warburton - an educated, very experienced guy who has never previously lived in any kind of Sectarian bubble - has started sounding like a "Rangers man". It's a bizarre way of speaking, like everyone is supposed to think Rangers is a vital national institution, and their affairs are effectively affairs of state, and a very important state at that. Full of entitlement, arrogance, and bad grammar. Normal people don't speak what like Rangers people does. The only other places you ever see that way of speaking is on far right hate sites, which is probably no coincidence. A recent example is his bizarre criticism of the new league cup format, which was based on the idea that instead of playing wee Scottish teams in the summer, they want to be playing friendlies against EPL and La Liga teams "in front of a packed Ibrox", seemingly oblivious to the fact that EPL and La Liga teams probably don't want to  be playing wee Scottish teams either!

Edited by Abernethy Saint

Not really a surprise though Abernethy that kind of deluded arrogance is pretty much "the rangers way".

He knows he needs fan in the door to make the kind of money they need, so in effect all he is doing is showboating and saying what the orcs want to hear. I've been to Ibrox twice for cup games and the place was half empty even on sportscene the cameras do their damnest to avoid capturing the empty swathes of seats to keep up the pretence that it's ramjam full of loyal fans who still pack the place out.

seemingly oblivious to the fact that EPL and La Liga teams probably don't want to  be playing wee Scottish teams either!

To be fair.playing someone like levante or aston villa is going to generate a bit more cash for any club than the likes berwick or east stirling in a pointless cup competition

Personally for me - the league cup is a waste of time, if there isnt a euro place up for grabs or a decent payoff  why bother