Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sure he sold for £1 in 2015.

Aye your right......after taking half a million a WEEK in "wages" for two years, and £400 million in "dividends" tax free, because they were paid to his wife who lives in a different country, apparently. BHS is going under with debts of less than that. This classic piece of asset stripping by one desperately greedy man who can't possibly need any more money is costing 11,000 people their jobs. What a sick society we live in.

Aye your right......after taking half a million a WEEK in "wages" for two years, and £400 million in "dividends" tax free, because they were paid to his wife who lives in a different country, apparently. BHS is going under with debts of less than that. This classic piece of asset stripping by one desperately greedy man who can't possibly need any more money is costing 11,000 people their jobs. What a sick society we live in.

This reflects my feelings on shareholders as a whole. Don't do a jot of work for whatever company, but their demands that their share value rises means that ordinary working folk lose their jobs so that profits increase from 5mill to 7mill

I hate it

Green isn't squeaky clean, but I reckon there are other parties to this much more responsible. Take a look at this:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/25/dominic-chappell-and-the-bhs-takeover-that-worried-retail-watchers 

James Vardy is my new favouritist Englishman. He tweeted this to Sevco fans (then deleted it after torrents of abuse).

image.jpeg

Surely that's got to be fake? Unless Twitter is now allowing footballers to somehow get around the character limit.

Edited by blueheaven

Good try AS, for consolation try this one.

http://www.theoffshoregame.net/475-2/

For anyone interested  - who is/are theoffshoregame. A brief explanation by the blogger John James below.

"The Tax Justice Network are an impartial, international advocacy group.

They prepare and publish Tax Justice Focus, the monthly Taxcast and other output including The Offshore Game.

Their latest report is a damning indictment of Scottish football governance."

Strange... the Scottish Mainstream Media must have missed it.

Edited by Indicator

I have long held that the football bodies, be they SFA, UEFA, FIFA are institutionally corrupt and using their office to line their pockets and benefit themselves. The cynical amongst us fans will argue of course that you get who you vote for, and with all that money floating around who wouldn't be tempted? For me the problem is not so much with the seedy individuals who inhabit these organisations, but the way in which they are governed, to whom they are accountable, and the concept of who owns them. For example a boardroom has independent directors to keep them in line, and a chairman to keep the CEO from doing the wrong thing. Charities have the charities commission. There are laws and codes of practice which apply in the private sector. On top of this, there are shareholders (the owners) to whom the board are accountable. For me the football bodies must be reformed to give the fans and the clubs / associations they represent a greater say in how they are run and the decisions they take. Additionally there must be independent internal scrutiny and regular published accounts of the minutes, the finances, the decisions, and the way each official votes on key issues like the World Cup. With hundreds of millions of stakeholders around the world who love the game there is no reason why the doings of the elected officials can not be laid bare for all to see. Then we will all know who has been baksheeshed by Qatar, Russia etc. When it comes to the award of contracts, they should be done under open tender procurements with clear scoring criteria and independent administration to ensure that the most advantageous bid wins rather than awarding the TV rights to some crony who then arbs them on the next day for three times the price. The top administrators should publish their tax returns every year to show transparency and lead by example. We wouldn't stand for this sort of shit in any other walk of life and I don't see why we should in football.

Discuss!

Edited by babychunder

I have long held that the football bodies, be they SFA, UEFA, FIFA are institutionally corrupt and using their office to line their pockets and benefit themselves. The cynical amongst us fans will argue of course that you get who you vote for, and with all that money floating around who wouldn't be tempted? For me the problem is not so much with the seedy individuals who inhabit these organisations, but the way in which they are governed, to whom they are accountable, and the concept of who owns them. For example a boardroom has independent directors to keep them in line, and a chairman to keep the CEO from doing the wrong thing. Charities have the charities commission. There are laws and codes of practice which apply in the private sector. On top of this, there are shareholders (the owners) to whom the board are accountable.

ah but of course nobody gets to vote, nobody that is apart from the suits, blazers and brogues already well established in top tiers of management of the game. So even if we were to say.. get a clearout of the current inhabitants of level 6 at Hampden they would only be replaced by more of the same ilk. I hate to say it but the game in Scotland needs to be run by non-football people in an effort to break the nods, winks, disgression and handshakes that pass for governance with the present regimes.

These people are accountable to no one. You've only got to look at the recent statemts from the QC when speaking for the SFA at the Ashley hearing when he stated that the SFA do not answer questions posed by shareholders, they certainly are not required to account to the everyday fan. (You just pay yer money mugs - and we'll run the game as we wish.)

Let's not fool ourselves, there is no higher authority to which the SFA/SPFL are answerable. People on other blogs have related stories of having written to MSP's requesting that they get involved as the SFA/SPFL are in receipt of public monies and should therefore be accountable as to how they go about spending/distributing/allocating or donating. Nobody wants to get involved, one usually gets a letter back explaining that the SFA/SPFL are blah, blah, blah - and the author opts out of doing anything.

For me the football bodies must be reformed to give the fans and the clubs / associations they represent a greater say in how they are run and the decisions they take. Additionally there must be independent internal scrutiny and regular published accounts of the minutes, the finances, the decisions, and the way each official votes on key issues like the World Cup. With hundreds of millions of stakeholders around the world who love the game there is no reason why the doings of the elected officials can not be laid bare for all to see. Then we will all know who has been baksheeshed by Qatar, Russia etc.

Indeed but, let me just stick to our own back yard for the moment. Where, as ever, it all comes down to the club playing out of Ibrox. About two, or maybe three years ago the SFA said they were all for transparency and clarity and in order to move forward would soon be creating a web page on their site showing all clubs yearly accounts. The fact that they haven't yet done so is purely IMHO due to the fact that one club, yes the only club that matters to the SFA/SPFL, cannot produce verified audited accounts. (They will still be shoehorned into Europe by the SFA should they win the Scottish cup though - but that's another story).

When it comes to the award of contracts, they should be done under open tender procurements with clear scoring criteria and independent administration to ensure that the most advantageous bid wins rather than awarding the TV rights to some crony who then arbs them on the next day for three times the price. The top administrators should publish their tax returns every year to show transparency and lead by example. We wouldn't stand for this sort of shit in any other walk of life and I don't see why we should in football.

Discuss!

Wishful thinking I can't see any way forward on this front in the near future if the Scottish Government can continue to turn a blind eye (I'm sure they must be aware) to the corruption and lack of corporate governance that has taken place within their very own football association concerning The secret 5 way agreement, the LNS farce, the imperfectly registered players (Sandy ‘ s best yet) the fraudulent UEFA licence, unpaid fines and general maladministration. Like I said previously the football authorities don't have to answer to anybody in Scotland, they are the top tier. Imagine this farce taking place in England. The media would be on to it like the hawks that they are. Only in Scotland can a blanket be successfully drawn over the entire omnishambles. The print and broadcast media have kept it well suppressed for over four years now and there's no sign of it changing.

There are signs that organisations outwith Scotlands national borders are becoming increasingly aware of the banana state omnishambles that passes for governance of our game.

Only my opinion of course. Anyway I thought I would reply to your post as it is a long time since anyone has bothered posting anything of substance for discussion on this thread.

Thats a good piece BC.

I think one of the few places that have got it mainly right is Germany.

Great ticket prices and good transport for the fans.

I suspect that in Britain, this state of affairs would be intolerable to those that are in the "know". The press, politicos, blazers and absentee "landlords" love their succulent lamb and the great unwashed can like it or lump it.

BTW Germany are the World Champions...

Personally, I think it just may be the involvement of the USA that might shake things up. FIFA are currently being investigated by the Feds and if I was an ambitious DA, declare the organisation being under RICO....racketeering...legislation!