Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been watching this for a couple of days......

Rangers FC were liquidated......we agree on this.

Airdrieonians were liquidated and (rather flukey) got back in as Airdrie United: only recently being granted permission to use Airdrieonians again.

Gretna were liquidated and are back as Gretna 2008.

Why should the liquidated team from Ibrox be allowed back with the same name?

Airdrieonians were liquidated and disappeared.  An attempt was made to allow the newly formed and re-named team Airdrie United to stay in, or to be pedantic enter into the league.  This was correctly rejected out of hand, and Gretna was voted in.  So the owner bought Clydebank instead, changed the name to Airdrie United and moved the team to Airdrie.  Clydebank disappeared completely, but any chants of 'Are you Clydebank in disguise' would have been absolutely indisputable.  Airdrie United have now been allowed to change their name to Airdreonians.

The liquidated Gretna disappeared completely.  The newly formed Gretna 2008 made no attempt to stay within the league structure and started again elsewhere.

Rangers were liquidated, but they were somehow inexplicably treated differently to Adrieonians,.  I believe there was a rule stating that clubs entering the league had to have 2 years of suitable published accounts, but somehow this was brushed aside, and the accountless new entities of 'The Rangers' and 'Rangers International' were given a red carpet straight into the league structure.  This special dispensation had to be agreed by all the other clubs in the land, who allowed the newcomers into the bottom division.  They would have entered in the top division had it not been for an uprecedented fan based campaign for sporting integrity.  However, many a supporter of the liquidated Rangers were still unhappy, and felt hard done by because the newly formed oganisation 'The Rangers' were not allowed to enter straight into the top league.  And there was a wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Glasgow based media who cried 'Armageddon', and 'hell and damnation to all diddy clubs'.  There was no outcry when Airdrie United were rejected as far as I recall.

Funny how the same rules can be applied differently to different clubs. Now had Murray bought another club such as Ross County, he could have changed the name from Ross County to The Rangers, moved to Ibrox, and started higher up the league.  He could even have renamed the club as simply 'Rangers' after a few years.

I think chiles were present in South America long before the people who killed most of the people who lived In South America, stole their resources, called their food chiles and re-named their country South America.

But I think you got my point.

If fighting bigotry and fascism is trolling, I'm happy to be called a troll. Shame on you. Thought you were one of the good guys.

in  my defence any post, post 9pm may have  been influenced by the odd pinot prigio and therefore not lucid - in fact usually just plain pish. Given yet another BNP U-sKip win last night night, please troll on......

Airdrieonians were liquidated and disappeared.  An attempt was made to allow the newly formed and re-named team Airdrie United to stay in, or to be pedantic enter into the league.  This was correctly rejected out of hand, and Gretna was voted in.  So the owner bought Clydebank instead, changed the name to Airdrie United and moved the team to Airdrie.  Clydebank disappeared completely, but any chants of 'Are you Clydebank in disguise' would have been absolutely indisputable.  Airdrie United have now been allowed to change their name to Airdreonians.

The liquidated Gretna disappeared completely.  The newly formed Gretna 2008 made no attempt to stay within the league structure and started again elsewhere.

Rangers were liquidated, but they were somehow inexplicably treated differently to Adrieonians,.  I believe there was a rule stating that clubs entering the league had to have 2 years of suitable published accounts, but somehow this was brushed aside, and the accountless new entities of 'The Rangers' and 'Rangers International' were given a red carpet straight into the league structure.  This special dispensation had to be agreed by all the other clubs in the land, who allowed the newcomers into the bottom division.  They would have entered in the top division had it not been for an uprecedented fan based campaign for sporting integrity.  However, many a supporter of the liquidated Rangers were still unhappy, and felt hard done by because the newly formed oganisation 'The Rangers' were not allowed to enter straight into the top league.  And there was a wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Glasgow based media who cried 'Armageddon', and 'hell and damnation to all diddy clubs'.  There was no outcry when Airdrie United were rejected as far as I recall.

Funny how the same rules can be applied differently to different clubs. Now had Murray bought another club such as Ross County, he could have changed the name from Ross County to The Rangers, moved to Ibrox, and started higher up the league.  He could even have renamed the club as simply 'Rangers' after a few years.

Could be totally wrong but did David Murray not try to buy Ayr United before Rangers ?

Fat Sallys coat must be a seriously shoogily peg. When you cant get a team of millionaires to even compete in the 2nd scotiish league, it must be times up.

Even Mike Arsely must realise having an f***wit in charge, isnt best for business

The facts are that financially Sevco could not afford to pay him off and Sally doesnae do "walking away" (apparently).  He is very unlikely to walk considering the pot of gold he picks up every year.

A complete farce!

The facts are that financially Sevco could not afford to pay him off and Sally doesnae do "walking away" (apparently).  He is very unlikely to walk considering the pot of gold he picks up every year.

A complete farce!

Why dont they just pay the money to

a)  a decent manager with some nous

B) the SFA/SFL/SPLSPLFPLF to get a quick readjustment(as recommended by Wee Gordie)

c) both of the above,

and scotland can become as f**ked up as FIFA/UEFA.

Football is starting to become like the WWE where its "entertainment" rather than sport

Fat Sallys coat must be a seriously shoogily peg. When you cant get a team of millionaires to even compete in the 2nd scotiish league, it must be times up.

Even Mike Arsely must realise having an f***wit in charge, isnt best for business

For the sake of football "McCoist MUST stay"........tic

If The Rangers approach to the coming "hatefest" semi is the same as yesterdays there is going to be major trouble. Can you imagine the reaction of the Celtic fans and players if it is Commons and Guidetti being carried off and only one red card (possibly) being shown?   A foreign ref has been suggested but a foreign ref at Tynecastle would have reduced The Rangers to 7 players by the end and that will not go down well down Govan way. 

The disgrace is that people like Chick Young are already peddling the game as a shot in the arm for Scottish football.  More like a shot to the head!  Starting now both sets of morons need to have it stressed to them that trouble will not be tolerated, silly banners must not get past the gate and if they do they must be removed as soon as they are put up.  I would limit the crowd to about 30,000 with full responsibility placed on both clubs to vet the fans who are allowed to buy tickets.  (Surely they have about 15,000 sensible fans each.)  But then the game is in the hands of the SFA  -  enough said!

If The Rangers approach to the coming "hatefest" semi is the same as yesterdays there is going to be major trouble. Can you imagine the reaction of the Celtic fans and players if it is Commons and Guidetti being carried off and only one red card (possibly) being shown?   A foreign ref has been suggested but a foreign ref at Tynecastle would have reduced The Rangers to 7 players by the end and that will not go down well down Govan way. 

The disgrace is that people like Chick Young are already peddling the game as a shot in the arm for Scottish football.  More like a shot to the head!  Starting now both sets of morons need to have it stressed to them that trouble will not be tolerated, silly banners must not get past the gate and if they do they must be removed as soon as they are put up.  I would limit the crowd to about 30,000 with full responsibility placed on both clubs to vet the fans who are allowed to buy tickets.  (Surely they have about 15,000 sensible fans each.)  But then the game is in the hands of the SFA  -  enough said!

Bring it on be interesting to see how the sfa explain it away.

They hav'nt got one sensible fan between them....as far as I'm concerned if you're either a Rangers or Celtic fan then you're guilty by association! Better remind the wifes and girlfriends and the police that this is a shot in the arm for Scottish Football!

Callum Davidson defending the refereeing of Thomson on Saturday on the BBC last night was very very poor. 

I must say, I have not had much confidence in CD recently, his jokey approach to the game and his continual defence of "the glorious Glasgow The Rangers" is pathetic, weak and highly embarrssing.  I thought he would have learned from previous media mistakes.

Callum is of the opinion that both Miller and Boyd should not have been sent off.  As my first line manager told me, the greatest mistake you can ever make in your career, is to defend the indefensible.  Judge for yourself.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/30170870

I didn't think either of them were worth a red card. If there was such a thing as an orange card (ie somewhere between a yellow and a red) I'd say they were probably worth that. Boyd clearly went to block the ball and although his foot was high he didn't go in to hurt the boy. Millers was probably worse but the fact he got the ball helped him avoid a worse punishment. But yeah, get Callum to f**k because he had the audacity to express an opinion.