#39 - 21/04/12 - Saints 0-2 Dundee Utd - SPL

bigstu

I think we should all be dreaming. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Hearts fans are dreaming, hell I even heard that Romanov has done some calculations on various outcomes(no joke), Motherwell are dreaming, even Dundee United are dreaming of making the Champions League! Why the hell shouldn't we. We are close to something historic, we are close to earning money, recognition and attracting players that we could only dream of.

If saints make Champions League and even get put out in a glamour against a "European big gun" and parachute straight into Europa League group stages, your talking about the whole process earning our minute club earning anywhere between £3-£6 million pounds.

Let's dream..... We have nothing to lose, let's enjoy the next five games and see what happens!!

Totally Agree.

3rd place would mean a hell of a lot more than just a one off game in the CL qualifiers. Not 100% sure if we would parachute straight into the group stages of the Europa League but we'd certainly go in at the last qualifing round, at worst. Either way we'd get multiple european games against potentially some very big clubs.

At the moment the last five games are all bigger than the Dundee game in 1998. There's far more at stake and an opportunity that probably won't come along again in anyone here's lifetime.

Saturday's game is massive. I hope the saints fans realise this and back the team to the hilt, they will need it.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dooshan will be there...so will Daly.... so will Johnny Russell....so will MacMessi,.....and Swanaldho may well be back.......be afraid, be very afraid!

Has swanson got over his long term runny nose. Good stuff.

Will have to get the groundsman out to do the white lines at half time, allegedly!!!

I think we should all be dreaming. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Hearts fans are dreaming, hell I even heard that Romanov has done some calculations on various outcomes(no joke), Motherwell are dreaming, even Dundee United are dreaming of making the Champions League! Why the hell shouldn't we. We are close to something historic, we are close to earning money, recognition and attracting players that we could only dream of.

If saints make Champions League and even get put out in a glamour against a "European big gun" and parachute straight into Europa League group stages, your talking about the whole process earning our minute club earning anywhere between £3-£6 million pounds.

Let's dream..... We have nothing to lose, let's enjoy the next five games and see what happens!!

Optimism is good and regardless of the outcome for whoever gets the 2nd Champions League spot, it will be a good thing for their club and Scottish football. But I'm sorry to say that nobody is making £3-£6 million out of this, except Celtic. 2nd place teams will go into a very tough draw in the best placed section of qulification and get a 2nd placed team from the likes of Russia, Netherlands or Portugal. Likely they would be eliminated and put into the final round of the Europa qualification but again they would be unseeded and face the likes of a Tottenham. If they did win either the first tie in the Champions League or the final qualifier in the Europa and made it to the Europa League proper they would at best get around £2mil if, and only if, they perform well. Of course it is going to be amazing for whoever gets there just to hear the tune at their ground but any hopes of making vast sums of money and getting in a great new calibre of player are optimistic at very best.

Optimism is good and regardless of the outcome for whoever gets the 2nd Champions League spot, it will be a good thing for their club and Scottish football. But I'm sorry to say that nobody is making £3-£6 million out of this, except Celtic. 2nd place teams will go into a very tough draw in the best placed section of qulification and get a 2nd placed team from the likes of Russia, Netherlands or Portugal. Likely they would be eliminated and put into the final round of the Europa qualification but again they would be unseeded and face the likes of a Tottenham. If they did win either the first tie in the Champions League or the final qualifier in the Europa and made it to the Europa League proper they would at best get around £2mil if, and only if, they perform well. Of course it is going to be amazing for whoever gets there just to hear the tune at their ground but any hopes of making vast sums of money and getting in a great new calibre of player are optimistic at very best.

It just takes a lucky Europa draw against the worst available team and then a massive performance and result and come up against the right teams attendance wise there is no reason why a club wouldnt earn in.excess of £3 million.

Also keeping hold of Sandaza, Sheridan, Morris and Davidson would be the calibre of player I am referring to, not messi.

Sure Steve Lomas and his coaching team has been pondering over team selection since the ICT game. How about?

Mannus

Anderson - McCracken - Wright - Maybury

Mackay - Moon - M Davidson - Compton

Sandaza Sheridan

Wouldn`t argue with that team. Think Ando at right back would sort out macmessi & that midfield is the best we can put out given injury & suspentions.

It just takes a lucky Europa draw against the worst available team and then a massive performance and result and come up against the right teams attendance wise there is no reason why a club wouldnt earn in.excess of £3 million.

Also keeping hold of Sandaza, Sheridan, Morris and Davidson would be the calibre of player I am referring to, not messi.

Firstly, even if Saints or United qualified for the Europa league, they wouldn't get £3million. Even with 3 sell-outs and the TV money it won't be near that figure. Yes it will be nice and will help the coffers for whoever gets it. And secondly it won't help resign players as Saints won't budget for qualification. It will be great but won't be anywhere near the financial windfall you think it will be. In fact Celtic will come out of the whole situation than anybody.

Sure Steve Lomas and his coaching team has been pondering over team selection since the ICT game. How about?

Mannus

Anderson - McCracken - Wright - Maybury

Mackay - Moon - M Davidson - Compton

Sandaza Sheridan

I'd have Midge in at wide right for his mobility in attack and defence and Mackay at right back,with McCracken the unlucky guy being dropped,but Ando's much quicker all round ,so he gets my nod.

Firstly, even if Saints or United qualified for the Europa league, they wouldn't get £3million. Even with 3 sell-outs and the TV money it won't be near that figure. Yes it will be nice and will help the coffers for whoever gets it. And secondly it won't help resign players as Saints won't budget for qualification. It will be great but won't be anywhere near the financial windfall you think it will be. In fact Celtic will come out of the whole situation than anybody.

Gosh why you so downhearting about this game,the end result is good enough so why the doom n gloom !! Beginning to think you a Celtic Supporter Too !!

Gosh why you so downhearting about this game,the end result is good enough so why the doom n gloom !! Beginning to think you a Celtic Supporter Too !!

It's not doom and gloom to realise that whoever finishes 3rd isn't going to pocket £3m+ or get straight in to the Europa. It will be great achievement and listening to that music at your home ground, whether playing Barca or Inter Baku, will be amazing for whoever gets it but I think one or two are jumping the gun at what it will actually entail.

In terms of doom and gloom, I'll say it'll end up 0-0 on Saturday and Motherwell will finish 3rd.

It's not doom and gloom to realise that whoever finishes 3rd isn't going to pocket £3m+ or get straight in to the Europa.

There in lies the problem with this discussion. My comments clearly stated I was talking about dreaming of possible outcomes and optimism. Not the idea that we will get put out first round. I couldnt care less about your debt ridden calculations anyway. Just like McLean and Eddie didnt!