How would you improve entertainment at home games?

bigstu

Please stop this running with the ball from the half way line rubbish. Listening to the inane countdown over the loudspeakers is just annoying, and the whole thing is pointless.

I, personally, don't give a jot about half time entertainment and rarely pay any attention to it whatsoever. However, if it is about kids getting a buzz from being involved and getting on the pitch at half time, I like what Hearts do...just quickly set up a couple of pitches and let the kids have a kickabout for 10 minutes.....something to watch, kids enjoy it, no annoying "10...9...8...7....etc etc" followed by ironic cheers

• 5 months later...

To capitalise on the Cup win how about a one off pre-match celebration.  For the first home game of the season (on a Saturday), how about Saints put up marquee showing the cup final in full starting at 12pm?Refreshments available (chance for Inveralmond Brewery to do some more blue pints).  Charge a £5 a ticket and imagine the buzz of going into McD memories fully refreshed of that great day, and what a way to get the crowd in the mood for the game ahead.

Please stop this running with the ball from the half way line rubbish. Listening to the inane countdown over the loudspeakers is just annoying, and the whole thing is pointless.

I, personally, don't give a jot about half time entertainment and rarely pay any attention to it whatsoever. However, if it is about kids getting a buzz from being involved and getting on the pitch at half time, I like what Hearts do...just quickly set up a couple of pitches and let the kids have a kickabout for 10 minutes.....something to watch, kids enjoy it, no annoying "10...9...8...7....etc etc" followed by ironic cheers

Have to agree, I find it very irritating and cringeworthy.  The kids doing it are far too young and can barely kick the ball the length of themsleves, the keeper tries to let it in, the constant countdown etc has been pissing me off for years.

Kids would have much more fun, like you say, playing a game of 7 a side or whatever whilst some music is played over the tannoy.

Why not have some of the Junior Saints who go to the training sessions on a Saturday morning play a 4 v 4 game on the pitch with the pop up goals for 10 minutes at half time? Its easy to set up 6 cones as a boundary and the pop ups. It would have the young lands being able to say they have played a game on the pitch

Have to agree, I find it very irritating and cringeworthy.  The kids doing it are far too young and can barely kick the ball the length of themsleves, the keeper tries to let it in, the constant countdown etc has been pissing me off for years.

Kids would have much more fun, like you say, playing a game of 7 a side or whatever whilst some music is played over the tannoy.

It's even more cringeworthy when they get the Dads involved.

It's even more cringeworthy when they get the Dads involved.

Cringeworthy yes!! But the kids love it. The super j's should get a runaround at half time. Not much room to swing a cat in the gym. If this was promoted as part of super j package it could add to value

Having a decent sound system with some charisma behind it would be an idea. Most of what comes across is unintelligible, and the bits that I can work out or monotonous crap.

No more playing bloody Avicii records either. Christ.

I'm old enough to remember when the scoreboard worked. Why not get that working again and hook it up to social media like they do at festivals? Get some banter on the go etc.

If that is the case, then they should remove it. Looks shit having it sitting there and not working. Prime advertising space that could be sold if no money for a new scoreboard (or get someone to sponsor a new scoreboard maybe?)

Or get a sponsor that will cover it's replacement? Give them sole advertising rights on it for however long.

Having a decent sound system with some charisma behind it would be an idea. Most of what comes across is unintelligible, and the bits that I can work out or monotonous crap.

No more playing bloody Avicii records either. Christ.

I'm old enough to remember when the scoreboard worked. Why not get that working again and hook it up to social media like they do at festivals? Get some banter on the go etc.

I'm not sure about the idea of the scoreboard linked to Social media.  Can you imagine stuff going up there like " you're rubbish MacDonald" "Millar, you're a waste of a shirt" or mothers putting up stuff about how much they love their kids.