Saints Vs Celtic Saturday 15/9/12 K.o. 12.30Pm

Dave Ferg

Great performance after a horrible start.

Given Anderson had a day to forget and we lost Davidson who is meant to be our engine in the midfield that was a great, well deserved win. Tade was immense up front and Vine had a very good game, along with Pawlett...although my only gripe with that is we don't give him the ball enough.

Special mention to Lomas who should take some credit after a pretty poor period both in terms of result and off field issues.

5-1 Saints... ah phuck it that's to realistic....7-1 saints

Cannae believe I was so wrong :laugh:

Well what can you say about that? Like night and day performance level wise and an absolutely magnificent effort by the team. Apart from Ando who had a huge mare in parts( but still worked his socks off), every player bust a gut to help the team achieve this brilliant result. For me, they were all heroes; Each and everyone of them from the back to the front. Special mentions to Cregg, who I thought was again outstanding and Tade who never stopped running, hassling and harrying the Celtic defence.

Also a big well done to Lomas and his management team, as he seems to have managed to get the sort of performance from his team that we have all been looking for . There is still work to be done but for now, he deserves huge credit. ( there is no truth in the rumour that during our game of golf a week past Sunday I gave the boss some pointers :wink: )

Given the pressure he has been under with the stuff hitting the press this week, he has shown great fortitude. Also given the situation throught the week with the players picking a bug and not training, they deserve great credit for their efforts.

I am gonna really really really enjoy the rest of my weekend and my only worry is where to go first to address the pish I have been sent from Celtic fans in the last week. By phuck I am gonna have some fun with these timmys.. Oh " Whaurs Eric"

Some times life just takes you to the most wonderful places. Well done Lomas.Well done Saints . Well done Saints fans. :razz:

Cannae believe I was so wrong :laugh:

Well what can you say about that? Like night and day performance level wise and an absolutely magnificent effort by the team. Apart from Ando who had a huge mare in parts( but still worked his socks off), every player bust a gut to help the team achieve this brilliant result. For me, they were all heroes; Each and everyone of them from the back to the front. Special mentions to Cregg, who I thought was again outstanding and Tade who never stopped running, hassling and harrying the Celtic defence.

Also a big well done to Lomas and his management team, as he seems to have managed to get the sort of performance from his team that we have all been looking for . There is still work to be done but for now, he deserves huge credit. ( there is no truth in the rumour that during our game of golf a week past Sunday I gave the boss some pointers :wink: )

Given the pressure he has been under with the stuff hitting the press this week, he has shown great fortitude. Also given the situation throught the week with the players picking a bug and not training, they deserve great credit for their efforts.

I am gonna really really really enjoy the rest of my weekend and my only worry is where to go first to address the pish I have been sent from Celtic fans in the last week. By phuck I am gonna have some fun with these timmys.. Oh " Whaurs Eric"

Some times life just takes you to the most wonderful places. Well done Lomas.Well done Saints . Well done Saints fans. :razz:

I think the fact that I was golfing with him last week AND steered my team to victory at the weekend is too much of a coincidence

Just home... Well worth the trip up today.

Everything that has been lacking over the previous few months was on show today. Not only on the park but on the touchline too. What a difference it makes to see the manager getting involved.

Man of the match for me was Vine. Sublime pass to set up Tade and I can't wait to see the winner again. Ando had an absolute howler today, looked like he was playing in steel toecaps. Nothing was coming off for him but he never once hid. Not a failure on the park for me today.

This might sound odd but even if we'd lost that I think i'd still be happy today having witnessed such a good team performance. The win was the icing on the cake.

Probably the best game of football i've seen in a long time.

Superb performance from a team who could have let their heads go down after losing an early goal, but who fought back brilliantly! 2 great goals and a solid showing in midfield meant that the strugglers in Ando and liam were not really causing a problem and neither of them hid, despite not playing particularly well by their standards. Stand-outs for me were Tade, Vine, Pawlett, Dave and Midge and Mannus making that all important last minute save denied the draw that seemed to be expected!! A penalty claim for each side balanced out although no doubt we'll never hear the end of the Celtic one!!

Cracking game and brilliant performance from all the Saints players - even Ando. Two excellent goals after a hellish start and Forster was lucky to get to Cupties freekick. As for the penalty claim - probably a penalty but nobody has mentioned that the Sellik players were offside in the first place when they broke up the park. Apart from that decision ref was pretty woeful and the likes of Cregg did well to keep control after getting a petty bookin early on (while Forrest seemed to be allowed to dive everywhere).

I thought it was a penalty to be honest, although they've had their fair share of dodgy decisions so **** em.

Thought we were in for an absolute hammering when we conceded early on, and the defence continued to struggle for the next 15 minutes or so. Was all coming down Celtic's left with Commons orchestrating. Well done to Lomas (and Wright) for noticing and pushing Vine into midfield to allow Chris Millar to help Pawlett and Miller out. Sad to say but I think Muzz going off might have helped us. We steadily creeped back into the game and Tade deserved his goal, poor pass into him as it was behind him but brilliant hit all the same. After that we dominated. Second half was belting, end to end and with a perfect finish. Vine had been cutting in all day but hadn't attempted a shot so thank **** he did this time!

Credit to Mannus for his late save and a brave performance. Mackay was back to his best while Miller looks to be settling well. Wright and Ando gave me a few scares but handled everything that was thrown at them, it might not be pretty but their fighters. Pawlett once again looked lively before injury while Millar and Cregg gave us a platform, both impressed me. Liam's still playing reasonably well but sometimes he seems a little off the pace. Tade and Vine were superb and willing

Great fighting display after a disappointing first 20mins. May have been the pressure of being bottom as a defeat today would have put even more pressure on next week.

Think Muzz going off & Millar replacing him was the turning point.

I think Millar should be in middlle with Muzz when both are fit as not convinced by Cregg yet.