Celtic V Saints (Again) Sun 11Th Nov 3Pm K-O

The ghost of Jim Morton

You know that Saints played well wehn Murdoch macLoeod says that we deserved the point. Unusual for him to give a team credit.

Lomas appeared to get t tactically spoot on. Blamed the mix up with Tade and Hasselbank on the chairman elbowing him in the eye when we scored. :) Better get uise to it as he will be in the stand for a good few games now. Think 6 games in all comig his way.

Well blow me doon, Lomas wasnae the only one who took an elbow to the coupon. I would like to thank Andrew for the smack in the puss which has left me with a rather tastey black eye and a comedy bump which has only now started to go doon. Andrew, when Saints score please try to stay composed you phucking auld trumpet..

To the game. Thought we played okay for 75 minutes although our inability to string 4 passes together is still a major source of annoyance. Last 15 we were great and finally decided to get stuck in, at which opoint we looked the better team.

Good performances ( apart from the pish passing) from everyone, even Davie Robbo. :wink: As for Brines, he's an arsehole of the highest order. Cannae believe we never got a foul for the tackle on ( actually I cannae recall who it was) Was it in the box? Looked like it from where we were sitting and that wanker gives us a corner..A phucking CORNER!!!!!

Everytime a Celtic player got touched they went down like a cheap whore, the crowd ( well I call it a crowd, but the GFITW must have all come dressed as empty seats as there were thousands of them) screamed and Brines obliged.

Thought the manager was far to cautious after we went 1 down. Only towards the end did we actually get about them but I suppose that given we got a point he deserves some credit although getting sent to the stand AGAIN is not clever.

All in all though I suspect like me, the other 90 or so saintees in attendance will be happy that they went and delighted with the point.

Well done Saints and well done the 90.. :wink:

Well blow me doon, Lomas wasnae the only one who took an elbow to the coupon. I would like to thank Andrew for the smack in the puss which has left me with a rather tastey black eye and a comedy bump which has only now started to go doon. Andrew, when Saints score please try to stay composed you phucking auld trumpet..

To the game. Thought we played okay for 75 minutes although our inability to string 4 passes together is still a major source of annoyance. Last 15 we were great and finally decided to get stuck in, at which opoint we looked the better team.

Good performances ( apart from the pish passing) from everyone, even Davie Robbo. :wink: As for Brines, he's an arsehole of the highest order. Cannae believe we never got a foul for the tackle on ( actually I cannae recall who it was) Was it in the box? Looked like it from where we were sitting and that wanker gives us a corner..A phucking CORNER!!!!!

Everytime a Celtic player got touched they went down like a cheap whore, the crowd ( well I call it a crowd, but the GFITW must have all come dressed as empty seats as there were thousands of them) screamed and Brines obliged.

Thought the manager was far to cautious after we went 1 down. Only towards the end did we actually get about them but I suppose that given we got a point he deserves some credit although getting sent to the stand AGAIN is not clever.

All in all though I suspect like me, the other 90 or so saintees in attendance will be happy that they went and delighted with the point.

watched it online and felt we passed the ball about well today.Tades pen was defintitely in the box. As for Brines - apart from the 2 ridiculous decisions i felt he had a good game

watched it online and felt we passed the ball about well today.Tades pen was defintitely in the box. As for Brines - apart from the 2 ridiculous decisions i felt he had a good game

Passed well?? Not from where I was sitting. Granted there were some passes that went where they were meant to go but most of them were backwards.

As for Brines the fact that you agree he made two "ridiculous" decisions proves he did not have a good game. If he had had a "good game" he would not have made ANY ridiculous decisions.

The mans an idiot. Bring back Willie Young :wink:

Very , in the main , cool,calm & collected performance - plenty possession and great frontplay from McLean & Hasselbaink...no passengers at all IMHO...just a great great feeling when we got the equaliser - have to say no idea about the penalty shout-need to see on TV.

Impeccable minutes silence for Armistice day btw

Thought our passing through out the game was well mix and match,for short spells we held the ball well and had some great moves,where we also had some right shockers as well with some schoolboy errors.I didnt take too kindly to a couple of occasions when we were at their 18y box and still we managed to pass all the way back to our keeper,who would then just hoof the ball back up the field usually landing at a Celtic players feet,there-by giving them back the ball,in situations like that i think an ambitious "tae punt" towards the goal and hope for the best would have been the best call.

Was going to bring this up. Respect to the green brigade who for whatever reason didn't want to observe it, stayed out of the way until the silence was over, and then piled in. Thank you to them.

Massive thanks to Ghostie/Paul Smith, both went out of their way to get me and my brother a couple of tickets. Had a smashing day out, obviously boosted by getting a point. Well done saints. Happy tonight.

Was going to bring this up. Respect to the green brigade who for whatever reason didn't want to observe it, stayed out of the way until the silence was over, and then piled in. Thank you to them.

Massive thanks to Ghostie/Paul Smith, both went out of their way to get me and my brother a couple of tickets. Had a smashing day out, obviously boosted by getting a point. Well done saints. Happy tonight.

Great positives! Well done Celtic fans!

Paul Smith deserves an awful lot of credit for all he has done (and is doing) for Saints.

Saw the penalty incident again on Sportscene there, absolute stonewaller. Brines definitely bottled it and no idea how he's thought that was a corner. Don't think it would have made a huge difference to the final score mind you as we seemed to sit back a bit after we got the equaliser, but that's understandable in a game like todays.

Any points gained against Celtic have to be seen as a bonus in my opinion so from that point of view it's a great result. I've only managed to see Saints twice this year, both times at Parkhead, and certainly left a lot happier today than a week and a half ago!

anonymous,best rid of him.

Robbo was an integral part of the performance today! if Barca can't beat Celtic from adventurous open football, then no-one in the SPL will! I only heard the game on the radio, but it sounded to me as though Lomas got his tactics/team spot on, he made the correct changes, at exactly the right time and in the end his team were unlucky not to take more from the game. Well done Saints, this league is shaping up to be the best for decades, bring it on!

Robbo was an integral part of the performance today! if Barca can't beat Celtic from adventurous open football, then no-one in the SPL will! I only heard the game on the radio, but it sounded to me as though Lomas got his tactics/team spot on, he made the correct changes, at exactly the right time and in the end his team were unlucky not to take more from the game. Well done Saints, this league is shaping up to be the best for decades, bring it on!

Cheers closet Saintee :wink:

Passed well?? Not from where I was sitting. Granted there were some passes that went where they were meant to go but most of them were backwards.

As for Brines the fact that you agree he made two "ridiculous" decisions proves he did not have a good game. If he had had a "good game" he would not have made ANY ridiculous decisions.

The mans an idiot. Bring back Willie Young :wink:

on this seasons performances so far 2 mistakes is a freaking amazing refereeing display

I shall try, but I'm not making any promises. I couldn't have done that to your eye even if I tried. Just as well we don't score too many. :laugh:

Great day out. Makes the effort so worthwhile.

Thought our passing through out the game was well mix and match,for short spells we held the ball well and had some great moves,where we also had some right shockers as well with some schoolboy errors.I didnt take too kindly to a couple of occasions when we were at their 18y box and still we managed to pass all the way back to our keeper,who would then just hoof the ball back up the field usually landing at a Celtic players feet,there-by giving them back the ball,in situations like that i think an ambitious "tae punt" towards the goal and hope for the best would have been the best call.

I have often wondered about how our style of play could be described. I now have the answer after today's match.

1-2-0 - one pass, then a second, then give it away cheaply. Not even two steps forward and one back, but two forward and then zero. And quite often in the game too. Infuriating but we got the result regardless.

Idiots on the radio talking about celtic being flat (which they were). If we had got our passing a bit better we could've won.

Edited by andrew

I have heard rumours of any noise being blanked out before so made a point of recording the silence today. As you say impeccably observed by those in the ground.

http://www.facebook....486580888031564

The fans who went today were superb and the players acknowledged this at full time.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=486604591362527