Richard Brittain

john1962

..is it true that on an interview after the game he alluded to the fact it's just been press talk and that he will be coming here next season??

Was at game so didn't see Alba

He said that he has ignored the press.  He is a Ross County player until the end of the season and when asked if he would be there next season he said we'll see.

Guest Mongy Max

I think his behaviour today showed where he wants to be BUT was it the right way to behave?? If anything its shown how much he wants it cancelled so Saints can play the hardest of hardball in demanding a much higher fee.

Its obvious how poor they'll be without him!

Considering the situation, I thought the way Brittain behaved towards the County fans was off the mark. Yes, I would have expected him to play to the best of his ability, and he had a good game and two very well taken penalties....but, on the 'is he a wank or not' meter, he moved closer to the 'wank' end of the gauge for me today

It won't bring down the PCA system, but Saints will merely need to sue for breach. It is a simple legal matter based on his agreement to fulfil x and y.

Should Ross County want to get involved, then we have a 3rd party to bargain with...and £50-60K plus sell on % would be deemed fair game IMO.

This will blow over and Saints will get a few quid out of it. Good good!

Guest Mongy Max

If this is torn up, he will never play for another club other than county as no club will trust him or his integrity, professionalism or decency ever again

His whole attitude today stank, he came across as being a cocky arrogant t*** who loved being the center of attention. If it wasn't his attempts at putting on a hardman image for the cameras, then it was his over the top show of passion towards the county fans...embarrassing to watch really, cringe worthy! I still haven't changed my mind though, hold him to his agreement and then sell him to anyone who'll pay some money. Is there a period of time we must keep a hold of him until we can sell him on? if not then get rid in the summer or send him out on loan as a punishment.

To be fair to him, when he scored the first pen. He didnt celebrate until he went to the half way line and gestured to the County fans...why not, they pay his wages.

After the second one and a pretty lukewarm 'welcome' from the saints support he celebrated a bit more...but again in front of their fans.

No problem with how he conducted himself today....the whole thing over the last week is a different matter.

Pig sick he scored against us but he is still a County player!? So just have to bite the bullet on that one...we have a similar situation with Craig & he reacts the same way when he scores. I may have missed something? But has he actually said he doesn't want to come? I've said before a contract is a contract so even if he changes his mind it won't be a case of just ripping the contract up? Looks like we will be watching him next season! I am sure when/if he comes he will be a consummate professional & when he is banging in the goals for us all will be forgotten!!! Oh & I believe in the tooth fairy!!!

Adams hit back at Lomas, insisting NO offer has been made. He said: “It must be in Steve’s head if we’ve offered him a new deal.

"That’s not the case. I don’t know why we’d do that if he’s already signed a pre-contract with St Johnstone."

Oh dear oh dear.  There are invertebrates at the bottom of the sea who understand why Adams would offer him more money. He is insinuating that RB wants out of the PCA and accept becoming unemployed in July when his contract ends, as there is no extension on the table.

Two things have happened here.  Adams has cemented his position as the biggest bawbag ever to manage in Scottish Football, and Richie Brittain has nailed his flag to the same mast.