Saints Membership

TheYellowBox

A good idea for saints to create a bit of revenue would be to introduce a members scheme whereby fans could sign up for say £10.

Local businesses could get on board to offer members discounts eg 10% off in campus in a spree book style.

Club would get the money and also can build up a database of fans, so can find out from them time to time how the club can improve things.

Fans who either live abroad or can't afford a season ticket can still be a part of it and contribute. Season ticket holders could maybe get £10 off the cost of their season ticket if they are a member.

Club could then target the member fans for deals etc as well as maybe do offers such as £1 off the walk up gate price for members or a free pie at one game and a drink at another etc.

Thoughts?

I have been banging on about memberships for years.

Think they are a good idea - Saints should be tapping up the diaspora that can't get to matches.....and extract from us some of that "non match day revenue" they keep going on about.

I'd pay (as I do with Scotland Supporters Club) to "belong".

The St Johnstone FC Exiles' Club - open to anyone whose home address is more than 90 miles from McD -

Cost £35 a year, guaranteed one league and one cup match (non all ticket) matches a season, free St Johnstone FC Calendar and access to two "meet the manager" conference calls a year.

TICKETS

Members must give x working day's notice that they need a ticket for match x

Members cannot get free tickets if the match is all ticket/likely to sell out

CALENDAR

Or "members scarf" like Scotland Supporters club

CONF CALLS

All members can dial-in to a call where presubmitted questions are pitched to the manager.

Or any other easy to create, not physical product the club feels to entice people with for their 35 quid (name on website, picture with manager if they attend a match...or whatever).

@PaulSmith @ChairmanBroooon - are you reading!

£10 for say, 2,000 folk is not enough.

Membership IS attending games. Major clubs like in the EPL and other countries have "membership" due to the size marketability of their club.

Saints have effectively zero pulling power for fans and as a result the revenue from it.

We can't even fill the stadium by 50% so discounts off things related to the club are not in the interests of the club as a viable business.

This will probably never take off as I'm sure our marketing team with proper qualifications and the knowing of the clubs financial flow that they would lose moneyn on this deal.

True.

Because the sell out their stadiums and makes the infrequent attender to matches more part of it for little outgoings.

These schemes wont get fans through the turnstiles.

Yeah, but anything is a bonus in these times. If we were faced with administration we would all dig into our pockets so why not try and close the door BEFORE the horse bolts.

A good idea for saints to create a bit of revenue would be to introduce a members scheme whereby fans could sign up for say £10.

Local businesses could get on board to offer members discounts eg 10% off in campus in a

spree book style.

Club would get the money and also can build up a database of fans, so can find out from them time to time how the club can improve things.

Fans who either live abroad or can't afford a season ticket can still be a part of it and contribute. Season ticket holders could maybe get £10 off the cost of their season ticket if they are a member.

Club could then target the member fans for deals etc as well as maybe do offers such as £1 off the walk up gate price for members or a free pie at one game and a drink at another etc.

Thoughts?

£10 membership to the club, then £10 off the price of a season ticket???

I admire your enthusiam, but cant see much profit to the club there.

£10 off season ticket wont have fans flocking back.

I am in the fortunate position of being a s/tkt. holder (which I think is too expensive) & attend nearly every away game.

I further back the club by getting half time draw tickets and occasionally visit the food kiosk.

This season I have upped the number of Saints Lotto tickets that I buy.

I support the W.A.P. fundraising activities any way I can and support Ghosties tours.

I am not alone in the amount I spend on my team and am not looking for medals.

However, I can't see or fail to see the appeal of a membership to me.

The appeal of a membership would depend on the extra benefits you get with it ie which local businesses would offer discounts. I am not sure how well even that would work considering there is already a card you can buy for £10 and get discounts in lots of places like the cinema, the bothy etc.

I like the idea of online lotto. Is that facility not currently available?

£10 membership to the club, then £10 off the price of a season ticket???

I admire your enthusiam, but cant see much profit to the club there.

£10 off season ticket wont have fans flocking back.

I am in the fortunate position of being a s/tkt. holder (which I think is too expensive) & attend nearly every away game.

I further back the club by getting half time draw tickets and occasionally visit the food kiosk.

This season I have upped the number of Saints Lotto tickets that I buy.

I support the W.A.P. fundraising activities any way I can and support Ghosties tours.

I am not alone in the amount I spend on my team and am not looking for medals.

However, I can't see or fail to see the appeal of a membership to me.

I'm not the spl in saying that I have a complete plan that is set in stone ;-) just throwing an idea out there. It would be for saints to work up.

I just think it would be something fairly cheep to set up, but might have a lot of benefits to the club.

I take your point on season tickets etc, but I think saints need to do something to get the part time, lapsed and far flung fans feeling part of the club.

On the lotto, surely saints have the details of who buys tickets, can they not target them? Surely they are people most likely to attend if the don't regularly do already.

Possibly getting the agents to sell match day tickets also?

Like I say, I don't have the answers, but we the fans can help the club with good ideas.

I'm not the spl in saying that I have a complete plan that is set in stone ;-) just throwing an idea out there. It would be for saints to work up.

I just think it would be something fairly cheep to set up, but might have a lot of benefits to the club.

I take your point on season tickets etc, but I think saints need to do something to get the part time, lapsed and far flung fans feeling part of the club.

On the lotto, surely saints have the details of who buys tickets, can they not target them? Surely they are people most likely to attend if the don't regularly do already.

Possibly getting the agents to sell match day tickets also?

Like I say, I don't have the answers, but we the fans can help the club with good ideas.

Appreciate your points.

Two types

Home membership

Exciles' membership

.....................................just like a golf club.

I'd like

TICKETS

Members must give x working day's notice that they need a ticket for match x

Members cannot get free tickets if the match is all ticket/likely to sell out

CALENDAR

Or "members scarf" like Scotland Supporters club

CONF CALLS

All members can dial-in to a call where presubmitted questions are pitched to the manager.

Or any other easy to create, not physical product the club feels to entice people with for their 35 quid (name on website, picture with manager if they attend a match...or whatever).

£10 for say, 2,000 folk is not enough.

Membership IS attending games. Major clubs like in the EPL and other countries have "membership" due to the size marketability of their club.

Saints have effectively zero pulling power for fans and as a result the revenue from it.

We can't even fill the stadium by 50% so discounts off things related to the club are not in the interests of the club as a viable business.

This will probably never take off as I'm sure our marketing team with proper qualifications and the knowing of the clubs financial flow that they would lose moneyn on this deal.

i disagree, to try and tie everything to the stadium/attendance, is one dimensional. There are many 100's of saints fans who live too far from Perth to attend games often, and creating a membership of some kind would be a way for them to support the club in whatever fashion offered. I think people under estimate how many saints leave the perth region. I like the idea

I like the idea as well, i dont see any way the club can lose money by doing something like this, all they are doing is tapping into another revenue stream which is out there.

Every little helps as they say.

As for the lotto question, i do a standing order to the club, which i accessed via the website, if you win, which i dont very often, the cheque arrives in the post, simple really. :roll:

I got in touch with saints a few seasons ago about the idea of doing something similar to this. It's a potential way of gaining revenue from those who can't attend and to keep people "involved" with the club. Paul Smith responded saying it was something the club had looked at but I think he may have said time/manpower was an issue. If you feel you have a good idea, or support this one, contact thde club; in my experience the club appreciates constructive ideas and feedback.

I got in touch with saints a few seasons ago about the idea of doing something similar to this. It's a potential way of gaining revenue from those who can't attend and to keep people "involved" with the club. Paul Smith responded saying it was something the club had looked at but I think he may have said time/manpower was an issue. If you feel you have a good idea, or support this one, contact thde club; in my experience the club appreciates constructive ideas and feedback.

but do nothing about it, qouting the usual excuses it would seem.....