New Date For Hearts Away

Real Madrid

The SPL have announced the new date for the Hearts game as Tuesday 5th March at 7.45pm.

I know a few people assumed this was going to be played on cup quarter final weekend but Hearts have been down to play Motherwell on that day for the last 4 weeks.

We have been unlucky in that despite going out of the league cup at the quarter final stages this cup has now cost us 3 Saturday games (Celtic the weekend of the semi finals). Hearts on the final weekend and this potential date as Hearts are playing Motherwell in the game that they should have played on semi final weekend.

Nine games left till the split or whatever and only 3 on Saturdays.

Folk will find other things to do on a Saturday and when Sat. Fixtures come around will stop attending.

Falling attendance give me a break.

The lack of Saturday afternoon games to me is a big factor in what is killing attendances. Humans are generally creatures of habit and conditioning. If they get into a pattern of attending football on a Saturday afternoon, and all the things around it....meet mates for a greasy spoon...head to pub for a couple of pints, a pint or two after the game then home for tea, whatever the routine is, then these things become embedded in their behaviour. The odd midweek game then becomes a novelty, with it's own attractions for going

Games are now changed around to accomodate tv. Many arguments say that without tv money the game couldn't survive. I disagree, for me, tv money may be helping in some respects (in the short term), but it is slowly but surely killing the game in the long term. Watching, say, Killie v Aberdeen holds no particular interest to me, but it is even worse if there is no atmosphere and you can hear the players shouting to each other and the bench shouting instructions. People will then stop watching the games on telly.....the tv companies will eventually withdraw their money, and football will be too ****ed to recover.

The relationship between football and tv needs to change. We can't let tv call the shots any longer. Okay, there will be implications, but you sometimes have to go down to start to climb up again. In the long run, it will surely be better than the slow death we are heading for now

Edited by Edstar101

The lack of Saturday afternoon games to me is a big factor in what is killing attendances. Humans are generally creatures of habit and conditioning. If they get into a pattern of attending football on a Saturday afternoon, and all the things around it....meet mates for a greasy spoon...head to pub for a couple of pints, a pint or two after the game then home for tea, whatever the routine is, then these things become embedded in their behaviour. The odd midweek game then becomes a novelty, with it's own attractions for going

Games are now changed around to accomodate tv. Many arguments say that without tv money the game couldn't survive. I disagree, for me, tv money may be helping in some respects (in the short term), but it is slowly but surely killing the game in the long term. Watching, say, Killie v Aberdeen holds no particular interest to me, but it is even worse if there is no atmosphere and you can hear the players shouting to each other and the bench shouting instructions. People will then stop watching the games on telly.....the tv companies will eventually withdraw their money, and football will be too ****ed to recover.

The relationship between football and tv needs to change. We can't let tv call the shots any longer. Okay, there will be implications, but you sometimes have to go down to start to climb up again. In the long run, it will surely be better than the slow death we are heading for now

SHOCK - Dont Aberdeen and Kilmarnock supporters take their kids along to games ? Bad Parents

Just noticed that. No games between 9th March & 1st April. Is someone taking the piss ?.

I simply could not believe this so i checked and you are indeed correct and it is indeed a piss take. 3 fecking weeks. :shock: That's insane.I am assuming 23rd March is an international weekend..

I simply could not believe this so i checked and you are indeed correct and it is indeed a piss take. 3 fecking weeks. :shock: That's insane.I am assuming 23rd March is an international weekend..

That is what I was saying on Friday Ghostie, they will need to get some games sorted out.... Yes, 23rd is an International weekend

the seasons over who cares?

were u expecting us to be challenging for the title or something? season over because were not? I'd say theres more left to play for yet.

TV games should be either Saturday lunch time or Saturday tea time, with all other games 3pm KO. If we don't revert to this the football in Scotland is fecked. As to the topic of this thread, I won't be at the rearranged game v Hearts due to work

The police are the ones that don't want the tea time kick offs on a weekend! they think everyone is gonna get wrecked and cause havoc. Although clubs like saints i dont think there supporters have ever really behaved like that.

but your right! make them on tv at the weekend so the clubs aren't losing out as well as the supporters but the tv companies control it because the clubs cant afford to say no to them

any indication about ticket price for this one?

keen to attend