Bevvy At The Football ?

ejksjfc

I was intereested to read that Celtic would like to be able to serve alcohol to fans during games. The Daily Retard yesterday had an article which streched to 4 pages about this..................yet only ONE sentence that mentioned that it was Celtic and Rangers fans that caused the present legislation to be brought in!!!!!!! 

I hope games stay booze free. It bad enough sitting watching a game and having to move for folk going to pie shop or the bog as it is without having some drunken idiot falling about holding pints of beer. Football only lasts 90 mins, if you can't last that long without a pint then you have a problem.

I hope it stays as it is as well, I wonder if theres a demand for it as well. I presume that like in England you wouldnt be allowed to take drink to your seat ? How many people would want to stand on a cold concrete environment before kick off in winter when the Muirton Suite is open to all until just before ko anyway ? I hardly go in but is the Muirton Suite packed out before games ? I can see the argument if people are getting turned away from there but would seem silly to pay more staff and open more bars needlessly.

All about tics making more match day revenue end off

I was intereested to read that Celtic would like to be able to serve alcohol to fans during games. The Daily Retard yesterday had an article which streched to 4 pages about this..................yet only ONE sentence that mentioned that it was Celtic and Rangers fans that caused the present legislation to be brought in!!!!!!!

At the last Sunderland game I was at they had the normal licensed drinking round the concourse and I went to the tunnel leading into the stadium with others. To my surprise this very attractive security person said "You can't drink there you're standing on the yellow line". I was leaning against the wall and said "What if I put my foot there?" and moved my foot inside. She said "That's OK". I was still in the same place. So I put my foot on the line again and she said "Sorry sir you can't drink on that line or beyond". I did it a couple more times standing exactly in the same place and she finally shouted "HEY!".

You put your [right leg] in,
You put your [right leg] out;
And you shake it all about.
You do the hokey pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

So I don't think they should reintroduce drink again based on the fact that there are thousands of really annoying people like me.

I'm not sure there's enough room on our concourse at McD but it would be income to the club. The bars in the ground are good.

Haha brilliant.

At the last Sunderland game I was at they had the normal licensed drinking round the concourse and I went to the tunnel leading into the stadium with others. To my surprise this very attractive security person said "You can't drink there you're standing on the yellow line". I was leaning against the wall and said "What if I put my foot there?" and moved my foot inside. She said "That's OK". I was still in the same place. So I put my foot on the line again and she said "Sorry sir you can't drink on that line or beyond". I did it a couple more times standing exactly in the same place and she finally shouted "HEY!".

You put your [right leg] out;
And you shake it all about.
You do the hokey pokey,
And you turn yourself around.
That's what it's all about!

So I don't think they should reintroduce drink again based on the fact that there are thousands of really annoying people like me.

I'm not sure there's enough room on our concourse at McD but it would be income to the club. The bars in the ground are good.

I don't see the need for it. As Glenrothes said, if you can't last an hour and a half without a drink you might need some help. Anyway, it would just make you feel cold and you'd have to go to the loo at least a couple of times. Unless you do what the Celtic fans used to do in the Jungle and piss where you stand.

Most grounds are within striking distance of Pubs and clubs -Most Football clubs have some part of their ground that sells alcohol before entry.

I assume supporters can ONLY buy booze within the stadium at a kiosk and are NOT allowed to bring their own carry out or hip flask ?

Will it be extended to Football supporters buses going to and from the stadium ?

I hope games stay booze free. It bad enough sitting watching a game and having to move for folk going to pie shop or the bog as it is without having some drunken idiot falling about holding pints of beer. Football only lasts 90 mins, if you can't last that long without a pint then you have a problem.

That wouldn't be the case. I am sure they would implement what they have in England. Down next to the pie stall would be a bar area and the alcohol has to be consumed in that area and is only available at half time.

I liked the old Muirton Park proceedure, where they just opened the Dumkeld Road gate slightly and then sneaked punters in to the bar under the mainstand at half time. On the way back, with production of your ticket, you were sneaked back in to the terraces  :laugh:  It was such a covert operation that it would have put The Great Escape to shame. In fact you can see the dodgy gate and bar entrance in my avatar....a picture tells a thousand stories. Happy Days

Edited by AthensSaint

I don't see the need for it. As Glenrothes said, if you can't last an hour and a half without a drink you might need some help. Anyway, it would just make you feel cold and you'd have to go to the loo at least a couple of times. Unless you do what the Celtic fans used to do in the Jungle and piss where you stand.

Ah yes I remember the wet trouser leg and wondered where it came from when it got cold. also bottom tier of the Broomloan and getting pissed on from the animals above. Those were the days!

Like in England for a season they could trial where there are zones out of sight of the pitxch where you can drink, if it works great if there is any trouble it gets stopped with immediate effect

This could be stopped for games where there is likely to be trouble etc Hearts v Celtic on safety grounds

• 4 months later...

Will this move attract more votes for her Party north of the border?

Give the fans what they want.

Standing area, drinking area, smoking area  etc.

Will it increase revenue for clubs?

Some folk bemoaning price of attending games already, will they go if the sale of alcohol is introduced?

The price of the alcohol would have to be more than the cost of a bovril and would extra stewarding be needed as a result of alcohol being sold?

Can't see all clubs going for this, as any likelihood of profit would be minimal.

The tartan blanket, prawn sandwich independent st johnstone supporting party have already made their views clear on here......you lot are not to be trusted with beer at the football ! Right enough, slf is scary enough when he is sober but I'm sure the rest of you can like our English cousins be responsible enough for your actions for a couple of hours.

I cannot see this happening. It could work for run of the mill games eg Saints v Motherwell but in games like Hearts v Celtic where the atmosphere is already horrible it just wouldn't work and I think you would need a blanket yes or no

It really is a shame we cannot be more like the Germans they have the perfect football setup

At my local non-league club (in London) they let fans buy a pint and then take it to their seat in the stand to drink during the match. Never been sure if it's actually allowed or if they're just quietly turning a blind eye to the rules.

But I think it's different at SPL-level where you have bigger crowds. I just can't see what the actual benefit of it would be. I suppose there may be a marginal profit to be made for clubs, but it would also create a whole lot of hassle - for fans, for police, for stewards and for clubs. Personally I'm not massively enthusiastic about the idea of sitting next to some drunken arsehole making a nuisance of his or herself. Bearing in mind that most clubs are trying to attract families with youngsters these days, does football really need to make this change, just for the sake of a few people who can't go a couple of hours in the middle of the afternoon without drinking alcohol?

At my local non-league club (in London) they let fans buy a pint and then take it to their seat in the stand to drink during the match. Never been sure if it's actually allowed or if they're just quietly turning a blind eye to the rules.

But I think it's different at SPL-level where you have bigger crowds. I just can't see what the actual benefit of it would be. I suppose there may be a marginal profit to be made for clubs, but it would also create a whole lot of hassle - for fans, for police, for stewards and for clubs. Personally I'm not massively enthusiastic about the idea of sitting next to some drunken arsehole making a nuisance of his or herself. Bearing in mind that most clubs are trying to attract families with youngsters these days, does football really need to make this change, just for the sake of a few people who can't go a couple of hours in the middle of the afternoon without drinking alcohol?

For me the benefit would be German style, where the fans go to the ground to drink before hand putting the money into the club and not the local bars

So you are prepared to let it happen at your club in London and sit beside them but the good people of Perth are not to be trusted, is that what you are saying. 

Secondly, people get bevied up before they go to the footie anyway so its not like its presently a Quakers Tea Party..is it !