Celtic V Saints Sat 11/5/13 K-O 12.15

After yesterdays  great team effort, we find ourselves still chasing ICT and heading for the tattiedome on the day that tuber chompers get presented with the SPL trophy.

Having watched the majority of todays Sellic v the Adams Family game, I could not believe how poor the Champions  looked. In that respect I will travel to Glasgow with some hope in my heart that we can get something. Sadly though, it is very rare for them to fail to win more than two games on the bounce.

We will need to show more of the same spirit we have  displayed in the last few games and probably need to up our game. Chances , when they come, MUST be taken and the goalie and back four will need to a solid unit for the full  90 minutes and beyond.

We can do this, I really do believe that.

Would be great to have a half decent following but I understand  both the reluctance to  go to the Tattiedome and the fact that if is not cheap. The team really need us there though. I was told by  loads of players at the PotY night that  when we have a big and noisy following, the players can feed of that.

So come on, get yersel booked on the Mcd Bus, The Barossa bus, the train,  go by car. Just get yer arse doon there and lets see if we can help Saints rock and roll..

Team wise: In  Lomas we must trust but I would say, PLEASE start with Paddy Cregg..

MTS.

Ghostie. :wink: 

I wonder what Celtic will turn up though.

They have been playing very poorly for a side of their quality in the last few games and have been resting players. I very much doubt they will rest Hooper against us.

I am hoping for a point against them but here's hoping they are still playing guff and we get at least that against them.

Unfortunately they will want to put on  show in their own backyard as they get the spl trophy. I don't think that Lennon will put out the team that played Ross County.

Hope that Saints go for it, stay solid at the back. Get in about them as they don't look comfortable if the opposition get stuck in, harry them and chase them down.

I am in Glasgow for a conference so can't be there but will be roaring them on anyway.

COYS......3 points Saturday please ! Let's chase ICT to the wire.

On the lead up to the Celtic game - I think the players could do with reciting the Serenity Prayer to themselves every morning and through the day

God*

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change

Courage to change the things I can

And wisdom to know the difference

* (Guide our Destiny)

Also useful to say it to themselves during a match in a moment of difficulty

Serenity, courage and wisdom boys - serenity, courage and wisdom...

Edited by henryhallsdanceband

Would be a cracking achievement to undefeated in the league against Celtic.

Why do people have weddings during the football season? A game on my doorstep and I will be miles away :(

====

Selfish,selfish,selfish. Them, not you! I missed the Motherwell semi due to a wedding. Buy them a baws prezzie. A vegetable steamer or popcorn maker.

Edited by rik2304

Unfortunately they will want to put on  show in their own backyard as they get the spl trophy. I don't think that Lennon will put out the team that played Ross County.

Hope that Saints go for it, stay solid at the back. Get in about them as they don't look comfortable if the opposition get stuck in, harry them and chase them down.

I am in Glasgow for a conference so can't be there but will be roaring them on anyway.

COYS......3 points Saturday please ! Let's chase ICT to the wire.

I know...I totally agree, my heart sank when I heard the result...they ('tic) will under pressure to get a win in front of their home crowd! I think Saints should attack as their defence is el crappola... We scored 3 against them @ McD!!! Unfortunately 2 knocked off!! I still think we can do it...

Best scenario is obviously we win and ICT lose.  But so long as we can get to the last day of the season in with a shout is probably more realistic.  Even if we lose and ICT do no better than draw and ideally RC win so they go into their game with ICT banking on a win to qualify for Europe leaving the door open for us to sneak in by beating Motherwell.

If that happens and that wee sod Brttain misses a penalty for the win I'll shoot myself. 

I am not sure what Celtic's approach to this game will be. Unfortunately, I think Lennon will be well aware that we are the only team they haven't beaten this season and will want to put that right. The only approach may well be then to get stuck into them and get the Celtic players worrying about picking up injuries before the cup final.

No doubt if we do that we will get grief for it, but our potential place in Europe is much more important than what the west coast media write about us

Thoughts on the starting line up?

Have we any suspensions?

Same team as Sat with Cregg replacing Millar.

Tade to give Kelvin Wilson a difficult day and Nigel to come off the bench and score the winner in stoppage time...just when ICT will be thinking they are home & dry. That would do for me! :)