Drink Before The Home Match

Dylan-Saints

The Club option does not look to popular at this stage, so i cant see it happening,(unless i suddenly get uninitiated with requests to go ahead) think some folk are holding out to see if Saints do something on the Astro, does not help that the Club(Barossa) is indoors and no outdoor area available.

The old Club in Dunkeld road had a huge bear garden as well.Que Sera Sera!!

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

========================Imagine the party that could take place there.Could accommodate hundreds.Barossa bus would have to become a shuttle bus.

Aye, and only £2.60 a pint, just a pity it's a bit out of the way for folk.

Could you put me down for 4 seats for Thursday if you're going on the bus today? Fitz taking his car through as he won't be off the golf course in time for the bus!

Marquee on the astro is the answer,all money then goes to Saints

I mentioned the idea of a marquee tent several months ago - His honest reply was "do you know how much it costs to hire a suitably sized marquee "- plus the fact they would need to ensure that an insurance policy was in place to cover any accidents for an outdoor event in a marquee ---I had initially suggested the car par area behind the East stand ......The astro was not an option.

Great to see so many folk actually suggesting places WHICH are immediately poo-pooed by others for other reasons -

Dont like it ------Its a shithole --Its no close to my home etc etc

Times like this you wish Ghostie was here as he would have just picked somewhere --POSTED the times and left it up to folk to attend a party or Not.

BEAR and Dr JONES just go and see the folk at the sataion SEE what they offer and if YOU BOTH like it SAY YES..........Supporters will GO.

Lets stop this pish and get a definate venue booked.

Great to see so many folk actually suggesting places WHICH are immediately poo-pooed by others for other reasons -

Dont like it ------Its a shithole --Its no close to my home etc etc

Times like this you wish Ghostie was here as he would have just picked somewhere --POSTED the times and left it up to folk to attend a party or Not.

BEAR and Dr JONES just go and see the folk at the sataion SEE what they offer and if YOU BOTH like it SAY YES..........Supporters will GO.

Lets stop this pish and get a definate venue booked.

I ve said that if the club aint doing anything I'm going to The Station. Bear is popping in tomorrow anyway so I'm sure as soon as he finds out anything he will post it.

I ve said that if the club aint doing anything I'm going to The Station. Bear is popping in tomorrow anyway so I'm sure as soon as he finds out anything he will post it.

Im a gimp for posting on the other thread regarding drinking before this game,sorry mods

Hopefully the club push The council for permission to sell bevvy on astro turf,gets everyone there early and the club makes a fortune, rather than some town pub.Even if it's bottles only, 4 for a tenner, easy counting and no change required

===========

This won't happen Dave.

Think of all the broken glass on the Astroturf.

Edited by HOODLUM65

===========

This won't happen Dave.

Think of all the broken glass on the Astroturf.

Surely if this was an option they would be able to get the beer, wine and other such drinks in plastic bottles like many venues get for having events. Inveralmond brewery having kegs of ale on tap and served in a plastic pint glass.

It would be a great idea if we had something at the ground but doubt it will happen as the council will probably put so many restrictions in it.

If it does happen, I'm free Wednesday and Thursday as a helper to get things set up.

Surely if this was an option they would be able to get the beer, wine and other such drinks in plastic bottles like many venues get for having events. Inveralmond brewery having kegs of ale on tap and served in a plastic pint glass.

It would be a great idea if we had something at the ground but doubt it will happen as the council will probably put so many restrictions in it.

If it does happen, I'm free Wednesday and Thursday as a helper to get things set up.

This is where the club needs somebody that can come up with great ideas and get things organised.

The whole of the astro could have been utilised, having a bar area, a BBQ selling burgers and stuff, beat the goalie, stuff for the kids, stands for selling merchandise, companies having stands etc etc

Imagine the atmosphere if a nice sunny day. We might even have got people coming to the bar / BBQ who would then decide to go to the game, who would probably not have bothered otherwise

As you point out though, it would all depend on the council supporting the proposals (and getting such support can involve a decent lead in time). It's not like the astro is adjacent to any houses or anything though

Basic marquee hire for 400 is £10.000 (Ten Thousand) doesnt include a wooden floor or carpet...........a 1000 person comes in at £20,000 - Pity they couldnt have got the Big Top from the circus.

Early planning could have seen what we could have got gratis from local firms looking for a bit of promotional opportunity