May Away?

cristo

From a Saints point of view, I assume we'd bite their hands off for that kind of cash.

From Stevie's point of view, he'd be better off staying here and having a belter of a season then getting a move to a bigger club than Peterborough in the summer.

He wanted assurances about first team football before signing this new deal at Saints, he certainly won't be first choice striker at a Championship club this year.

Please no, he's going to help win us our first trophy this season, and then move for a five figure a week contract somewhere, and we get a development fee.

The Europa League run shows how little benefit a few hundred grand is when you have outlays. We cannot sell may without getting a replacement in, so much of that £250k would go straight out the door for an inferior striker.

Both player and club will lose out if this goes ahead.

Also, you have to subtract any incentives we gave him in the summer to convince him to stay.

Edited by montrosesaintee

From what I have seen of him over the past few weeks he has improved from being out on loan in the lower Scottish leagues. 250k is a lot of money but I would assume and hope our budget has been set without the need to sell May.

From the club's point of view I hope he stays at least until the end of the season and continues his development and score a few, ok a lot, of goals for us.

If we were prepared to let him go now he would have a lot of soul searching to do. Is Peterborough going to allow him to develop, will he get first team action, etc.

I just hope he stays.

From a Saints point of view, I assume we'd bite their hands off for that kind of cash.

From Stevie's point of view, he'd be better off staying here and having a belter of a season then getting a move to a bigger club than Peterborough in the summer.

He wanted assurances about first team football before signing this new deal at Saints, he certainly won't be first choice striker at a Championship club this year.

They ain't a championship club, they were relegated on the last day of last season. Will still have some money to spend tho.

For us it must be very tempting if true. But I would imagine he is worth more to us just now than they money. I'd tell him he's a major part of our plans, stick a 2-3 contract under his nose and assure him that bigger and better offers will come his way if he has a good season.

If we were in dire financial trouble then I would understand and accept the need to sell but we are not and we have ambition as a club. Steve May is obviously going to play a huge part in our achievements this season. To sell him just because this kind of money doesn't get offered very often doesn't sit well with me. I would be hugely disappointed if we sold him. We should offer him a longer contract with a clause that we will not stand in his way when the right offer for him and us comes along.

We will not find an able replacement for free at this late stage. We will have to spend the cash to replace him. Maybe not all of it but a decent sum of money. Some clubs may not be prepared to part with a decent striker now that the season has started.

They ain't a championship club, they were relegated on the last day of last season.

Oops my mistake! Still can't see him walking straight into a team outside of the SPL until he proves himself at this level.

I think everybody knows that he's going to move on sooner rather than later, but he's onto a good thing at Saints. He's going to get a good first team run and there is a lot of confidence amongst the staff and fans that he'll score goals, if he bangs in a few goals this season he'll get an even better move.

Moving too early can really hinder development, we've all seen it far too often

£250,000, how much do you think we would get for a development fee at the end of the season?

Ok it is a lot of dough in todays market, when you consider we as a club shelled out the same amount for an untried Peter Mc Donald when the transfer market and overheads were different.

(or was Peter £150,000?)

(

Difficult decision for the Saints board if rumour is true.

Edited by HOODLUM65

These are often just stories. Either idle speculation plucked from a fans' forum or planted by agents when a player is up for a contract renewal. I remember Alan Main, for example being linked with German clubs shortly before signing a new deal at Saints. Not saying it's the case in this situation though.

No Danger. Let him go down south at the end of the season if he wants and reject the compo until it goes to the highest level.

That's what Falkirk done with a kid that went to Bradford. He was 18 and I don't even think he had played, certainly not more than a few games and none at top level. They got £400k.

Stevie May has a phenomenal scoring record and 10x his experience. I'd think taking it to FIFA or UEFA level of appeal would net us £750k minimum.

Edited by ryangordon86