Away Support Appreciation Thread

ex-montrosesaintee

Fake moustaches and yellow jackets for the next Utd away game lets wind him up

Was baldy back? The really tall guy! The steward at Killie was having a bit of banter. Thats what u want. Not a dictatorship. Im an angel at football anyway so ive nowt to worry about ha

But I like the idea quite a lot to be honest because I know the mustache man u mean!

Edited by PerthSeany

Don't want to rain on the appreciation 'fest' BUT... I like nothing better than to see my team well supported, especially from the 'younger' end, however there was an incident in amongst the lower tier where one of our supporters spat at a Utd player! I know it's easy to get swept away etc. but not that! Please.

Come on play the game here, we have already been made to look the bad guy with the Brittain twitter so let's not give any more ammunition to a press who can be a bit anti Saints at the best of times.

We proved in Norway that we can support the team and enjoy ourselves .... So let's get behind the team and be reported on for all the right reasons!

COYS

Don't want to rain on the appreciation 'fest' BUT... I like nothing better than to see my team well supported, especially from the 'younger' end, however there was an incident in amongst the lower tier where one of our supporters spat at a Utd player! I know it's easy to get swept away etc. but not that! Please.

Come on play the game here, we have already been made to look the bad guy with the Brittain twitter so let's not give any more ammunition to a press who can be a bit anti Saints at the best of times.

We proved in Norway that we can support the team and enjoy ourselves .... So let's get behind the team and be reported on for all the right reasons!

COYS

Lets not give the press any more ammunition eh?  :laugh:

in the last wee while there has been pyro, broken seats, spitting, online abuse............ are they hoping to join the green brigade?

I didn't see the spitting yesterday but some obviously did, out of order. I did see the broken seat getting thrown on the pitch, also out of order.

To the "young team", everyone enjoys the drum, the singing, and the general atmosphere created, and you may have noticed some of us old fogeys even join in.

Keep it up. Just don't spit on people or wreck other team's stadiums. Everyone likes a laugh and David Goodwillie's response to the "you know she said no" chant was brilliant,

COYS

Aye the Home support is shit and a lot of the Saints fans are just glory hunters. Those young ones are gonna give us a bad name and ruin it for all of us

You can't put a group of young fans together, apply some drink and not expect one or two misdemeanours. Yes, the spitting and the broken seat were unacceptable, but 90 minutes of noise was impressive. It was good noise too. Banter at Goodwillie, slagging their support, supporting our team. No sectarian crap like the bigot brothers.

The bad stuff is isolated in amongst the most enthusiastic support we've seen in decades.

I agree that the silly stuff should be cut out, but criticising the whole group is unreasonable in my opinion.

This support will contribute to points on the board at the season end. The players can see that they are being rewarded for their efforts on the pitch, and that they are appreciated. Saturday was a disaster on the park, but the fact that the fans sing for 90 minutes did NOT go unnoticed, and I'm pretty sure it will feature in TWs arse kicking on Monday morning as a reason to wake up and bounce back against Aberdeen.

Win there and then Hibs at home. We could have 13 points after 6 games, and EVERYONE would have taken that on day 1.

We are fast developing the most vile support in scotland. I told some of the guys they were not all young by the way and was told to F off.

Us good ones need to stand up to the hooligans. My pal is a Utd fan and was shocked at yday so was I.

Slightly ott. You have a squad of daft wee laddies and a few daft oldies. Couple that with the Saints fans desire to create a rivalry then you're going to get a few incidents. Every team has a section of these idiots and Saints are no different. Then again Saints fans are apparently the most committed in Scotland so that might excerbate the issue. The Saints fans in general were very vocal,impressively so, at the start and kept it going til the second goal went in. To be honest there after heard very little from them until a few songs at the end.