Saints V Celtic, Boxing Day, 3Pm Ko

glenrothes saintee

Hopefully we can make turkey's out of Celtic and get back to winning ways. I wasn't at the game yesterday so don't know how the team played, but I trust Tommy to make the right changes in tactics and personel if needed.

Not sure if I will make the game (no, not had a visit from the Polis), done my back in yesterday and struggling to walk.

From Saints website http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=2804

My flag has a fire certificate, but since they are not allowed into this game, I won't bring it with me (if I make it to the game).

I'm going for 2-1 Saints.

We must feel extremely honoured having the best fans in the world visiting our modest stadium on any day. How lucky we are that the best fans in the world will be in Perth on debatably the biggest football day on the football calendar. I hope all of you from Perth appreciate this and be thankful on this festive season. Our fellow "We hate" Dundee fans didn't encompass this last last year for some reason. Lets show them proper hospitality and humiliation as our Green brothers pleasure us with there presence . 

Croft, Nigel? Both can play in midfield. Tam Beckenbauer Scobbie can play anywhere.

Muzz might be fine with some gaffa tape, he's indestructible.

Love to see us just have a go at Celtic. We have arguably the best back 4 in the league, and MacDonald and Miller can play in front of them. If Beaston is fully fit, Scobbie could drop to CH and Jahic could play alongside MacDonald perhaps? He looks to have the right kind of game for that role.

Lots of options, and no need to panic and play too negatively.

Jahic and Wright were excellent yesterday, I'd be loathed to break them up. If anyone drops out its Scobbie for Easton, who was pretty poor yesterday for me. Easily beaten down the wing and his distribution was poor, I'd say Edwards actually made him look a lot better than he was, by the number of times he covered him. So my back 4 would be Mackay, Jahic, Wright and Easton.

Jahic and Wright were excellent yesterday, I'd be loathed to break them up. If anyone drops out its Scobbie for Easton, who was pretty poor yesterday for me. Easily beaten down the wing and his distribution was poor, I'd say Edwards actually made him look a lot better than he was, by the number of times he covered him. So my back 4 would be Mackay, Jahic, Wright and Easton.

Woh !shock horror another Scobbie hater

Wright didn't do anything wrong but his use of the ball isn't great. He's getting on and I think his game has a few more holes in it than it used to. Janic played well. I'd rather have two guys at the back who have the composure and ability to put a foot on the ball and pick a pass rather than hoof it long.

Wright didn't do anything wrong but his use of the ball isn't great. He's getting on and I think his game has a few more holes in it than it used to. Janic played well. I'd rather have two guys at the back who have the composure and ability to put a foot on the ball and pick a pass rather than hoof it long.

You are bad influence on me!!

I'm totally in agreement with Ryan here. Jahic and Scobbie are by far our two best CHs. I never thought I'd want to see Ando and wright left out, but performances have changed my mind.

In addition, I never thought I'd suggest Beaston is a better LB than Scobbie, but that's my opinion.

MacKay, Jahic, Scobbie, BEaston.

Clean sheet against Celtic. Nae bother.

Woh !shock horror another Scobbie hater

No shock at all, I've made no attempts to hide the fact that I'm not a Scobbie fan, in fact yes I am a hater. I've good reasoning behind mines though.

Alternatively, I could say, wow a Scobbie fanboy. He's done nothing to deserve the almost club legend status some hold him in on here. He's an average defender at best and IMHO shouldn't be near our back line with our options.