St Johnstone Vs Motherwell - 25/2/2014

Aitchy

Guy at work is a cast iron Plymouth supporter he was overjoyed and in my face when McLean left them to join us - saying that the guy never did anything whilst he was with them. Was equally as miffed when the McLean slotted straight in and struck up a goal scoring partnership with May. He thought it was a fluke and wouldn't last - in a way he was right, but only because of the injury. He now takes great satisfaction in pointing out that St Johnstone results took a dive at that point. I try to point out the irony in his thought process but... :roll:

Guy at work is a cast iron Plymouth supporter he was overjoyed and in my face when McLean left them to join us - saying that the guy never did anything whilst he was with them. Was equally as miffed when the McLean slotted straight in and struck up a goal scoring partnership with May. He thought it was a fluke and wouldn't last - in a way he was right, but only because of the injury. He now takes great satisfaction in pointing out that St Johnstone results took a dive at that point. I try to point out the irony in his thought process but... :roll:

Have to remember though. Maclean was regular in the team before May and at times last season we wouldnt of been the team we were without him.

I think a lot of our good things last season away from home were a result of his hard work and football brain using his body etc. Not all about scoring 25 goals a season. Mays goals are a novelty this season and without a player like Maclean next season we could be quite toothless in attack at times as its showed this season when May hasnt been scoring we have looked weak.

Glad hes almost fit. I'd like to see him being given another year.

blueheaven, on 25 Feb 2014 - 13:15, said:

I'd like to see...

-----------------Mannus

Miller -- Mackay -- Anderson -- Easton

------------- Millar -- Cregg

Croft -----------Dunne-------Hasselbaink

--------------------May

Have we no young guns that could replace our ageing captain? Apart from that I would bring in O'Halleron for

Hasselbaink

Have to remember though. Maclean was regular in the team before May and at times last season we wouldnt of been the team we were without him.

------------------------------

Point taken, thanks for reminding me, selective memory on my part used in order to gain bragging rights over persistent adversary :wink:

I agree Benito

Good to see Dunne in from the start, but he should be in there with Cregg, not MacDonald. Hope McLean hasn't been rushed back to quickly. 

I agree with both of these points.

But even just seeing Dunne in for Millar is progress enough for one night, hope he lives up to the hype iv internally built up for him