Europa League Draw

David123

Looks like you got your wish Andy!

FC Luzern of Switerland. Was there in July last year when they played Borussia Dortmund in a pre season friendly. Lovely new stadium, city is great as well just a bit expensive.

Hello there, 

This is the draw that I'd been hoping for. A wee trip back to the motherland with FC Luzern is one I can't miss. 

Has anyone got any tips for Luzern fans about where to stay in and around Perth?

Albeit a modern old school cage. The fence on the left side of that picture was removed after complaints from fans and is now a glass wall.

How many fans can we expect you to bring? You will all get a great welcome in Perth, so the more the merrier!

Congratulations to all the St Johnstone fans already making travel plans less than 2 hours after the news of our opponents has been released. In some ways I wish I had the finance or inclination to follow a football team halfway across Europe but I don't have it in me, hell halfway across Perthshire is too much to ask sometimes. Will defo be there for the return leg at McDiarmid though. COYS

Edit: As a site-note, their stadium looks a beaut

Edited by craiginasaintsstrip

Old friend of mine lives 10 minutes from Luzern so with any luck that is the expense of a hotel avoided as they are not cheap. Did I not hear the Swiss Franc was taking a beating recently as well? Advice re getting there in the most cost effective manner to follow as my friend comes back every 6 weeks for a couple of weeks!! COYS

What will we bring, 350-550?

Would imagine so. Seems like a lot of people who have followed Saints in Europe the past two seasons are struggling to make this one, for one reason on other. Great experiences, but not always easy to justify £400/£500 for a two day trip!