Is Steve Brown Qualified / Should He Go

byebyedundee

Sorry if you've already answered this Saint Glenn but how did you actually recieve the invite?

See my previous post. I got an email invite out of the blue.

I agree its all a bit cloak & dagger, but I will be suggesting a wider engagement following this session. I work in the housing sector and know all about engaging with customers, however presubmitting questions allows some structure to the meeting and not a general rammy or one person hogging the floor. I understand there will be an open floor once the presubmitted questions are answered. 

I predicted this I told you all.....Now I am sad that it has come true....

What a perfect write up......

Well said 101

The blog offers nothing new to what has been discussed at length on here. Blogs only work where the author actually tells the reader something they don't already know. In this case, the author only does the blog for his own self belief that his opinion is better than everybody else's

Just to clear up a few things about the chairman Q&A. It's being organised by the Fan's Focus Group, which, as I've explained previously, is made up of people representing a diverse section of the club's support, invited by the club to take forward events (such as the POTY awards nights) and raise issues of concern from the fan base.

As a result of recent meetings it was decided it would be a good idea to have a night with the chairman to clear the air. It's a small event and has been a nightmare to get together just in terms of actually getting all members of the board in one place at one time.

Each member of the focus group has been asked to invite along up to five people each - again with the emphasis on getting as wide a variety of views in as possible. We've been asked to submit some questions in advance to the club - not so that they can vet what they do and do not want to answer, but simply to try focus the discussion - the likelihood is you might get 5 people all wanting to ask the same question in five different ways. The idea is a question will kick off a section of the discussion before Q&A from the floor on the evening. A transcript/report of some kind of what is discussed will be posted online in the aftermath.

I'm going along to it as a member of the FFG, and am happy to raise absolutely any point. One I've already got on my list is, as HSF described, not getting a reply to emails/letters etc which is pretty inexcusable.

Just to clear up a few things about the chairman Q&A. It's being organised by the Fan's Focus Group, which, as I've explained previously, is made up of people representing a diverse section of the club's support, invited by the club to take forward events (such as the POTY awards nights) and raise issues of concern from the fan base.

As a result of recent meetings it was decided it would be a good idea to have a night with the chairman to clear the air. It's a small event and has been a nightmare to get together just in terms of actually getting all members of the board in one place at one time.

Each member of the focus group has been asked to invite along up to five people each - again with the emphasis on getting as wide a variety of views in as possible. We've been asked to submit some questions in advance to the club - not so that they can vet what they do and do not want to answer, but simply to try focus the discussion - the likelihood is you might get 5 people all wanting to ask the same question in five different ways. The idea is a question will kick off a section of the discussion before Q&A from the floor on the evening. A transcript/report of some kind of what is discussed will be posted online in the aftermath.

I'm going along to it as a member of the FFG, and am happy to raise absolutely any point. One I've already got on my list is, as HSF described, not getting a reply to emails/letters etc which is pretty inexcusable.

Thanks Jamie.

Can i just ask -how on earth did Glenn get invited via email from the club if this going to be FFG invites only?

Thanks for that.

Just a thought, but surely rather than inviting specific people, would it not have been better for an article to be put on the official website stating that the club would like to invite questions for the Chairman. Fans could then email the club their questions, then the club could publish an online document with the Charimans responses.

Instead we are left with a cloak and dagger situation whereby people who are members of a secret society (FFG) are inviting their pals to a meeting with the Chairman. Surely you can appreciate that will create some resentment amongst the rest of the support, Jamie?

Thanks for that.

Just a thought, but surely rather than inviting specific people, would it not have been better for an article to be put on the official website stating that the club would like to invite questions for the Chairman. Fans could then email the club their questions, then the club could publish an online document with the Charimans responses.

Instead we are left with a cloak and dagger situation whereby people who are members of a secret society (FFG) are inviting their pals to a meeting with the Chairman. Surely you can appreciate that will create some resentment amongst the rest of the support, Jamie?

Exactly,WTF has the FFG acheived over the past couple of seasons apart from become part of the establishment.

Say what you want about Stevie boy but he certainly knows how to work people from the back.

Sorry in advance for the negativity.

i am a diverse section wheres ma fuqing invite .

Exactly,WTF has the FFG acheived over the past couple of seasons apart from become part of the establishment.

Say what you want about Stevie boy but he certainly knows how to work people from the back.

Sorry in advance for the negativity.

I can't see any positives to come out of it. Then again I woudnt know as its all hush hush

Thanks for that.

I absolutely get the point. FFG is not in any way a secret society IMO. It is a small group of people representing various clubs/this website/other areas that is actually in the process of expanding. When anything of note comes out of it it is put out there. Anyone on here who wants to raise an issue to be put forward at the meetings is (as I've said before) is advised to get in touch with me. That's essentially why I'm there - to put forward points made on here, which I regularly do.

You say we've been asked to "invite our pals" - my attitude towards it was to try and spread it out a bit and get people of opposing views in. I've invited along people I know don't agree with the direction things are going. It remains to be seen if they take up that invite! The fact is the date for this was literally set yesterday, and it isn't a public meeting, hence there hasn't been any publicity of it particularly. Now that a date is set I'm taking the opportunity on here to put the word out there and invite submissions. However, people seem to be of the opinion that it is a "closed shop"/"group of yes men"/"cloak and dagger secret society" and aren't engaging, which I find rather sad.

The club are under absolutely no obligation to do a Q&A like this where absolutely any issue can be raised. They are doing so in a somewhat controlled setting as a starting point. If it's a success I'm sure it will be opened up more in future. This is a bit of a testing ground to be honest to see how it goes and try to develop an open exchange of views and debate.

The point you make about "resentment amongst the support" is fair enough, and I know what you're getting at. However, does putting out an open invite and then getting a room full of people with an axe to grind represent the support any better? Maybe, maybe not.

As for Cagey's point, I refute any idea that the FFG is "part of the establishment". Frankly, people seem to have the entirely wrong idea about it. It is mostly about organising stuff (such as POTY) and raising any issues for consideration of the club. It is also there (as the Focus Group part suggests) as a sounding board for ideas the club has and wants to float to the support. It's pretty low key, and needs to be expanded, something that is actively being looked at. However, it is proving difficult to get more people involved which is a real shame given the amount of people on here who seem to have perfectly reasonable ideas etc.

What I'd also say is that you have to bear in mind that WAP represents only a small proportion of the support in and of itself. It may cut across the age ranges, sexes, socio-economic groups etc - but you're still only talking about 2-300 people regularly posting. One of the guys at the FFG represents a group of older supporters and is quite frankly perplexed at the need for a Q&A session like this as his guys are all pretty happy at the way things are going, believe it or not!