Dundee United V Saints

franco

Taking a step back and looking at this logically for a second.

We went out there today without Stevy May. Steven mclean, Scobbie and  Chris millar all top players from last season and all missing. Add into that the fact that we have lost a striker in Graham today then we see what we are up against.

Far too early in the season for folk to star hitting the panic buttons.

As for one comment that we are grovelling about at the bottom of the pile trying to find a striker. Care to elaborate because I haven't heard any names from the Club have you?

Edited by mainstand

We went out there today without Stevy May. Steven mclean, Scobbie and  Chris millar all top players from last season and all missing. Add into that the fact that we have lost a striker in Graham today then we see what we are up against.

I agree Mainstand so far, but we cannot get by with only one known striker in Graham, no one else seems capable of scoring, and that is not a good omen for the season.

As for one comment that we are grovelling about at the bottom of the pile trying to find a striker. Care to elaborate because I haven't heard any names from the Club have you?

Sorry there mainstaind in all sincerity just a term I used in i:e hard to find something when choices are limited, didn't TW mention the other day some deal had't worked out?

Not a great deal between the teams,their first goal was very cheap,Muzz was sitting deep,but got told to get in box for the corner,Easton fell for dummy on half way line from Shifty(wanker,but a great player),then we were outpaced and out numbered.We had a decent spell when we went 4-4-2,and their second was probably against the run of play,hitting on the break after a break of the ball 40 yards out.Caddis and Muzz had really good games,Gary Mac was better than Spoony and Croft in the original 5 man midfield.

Love you to bits but will you stop being so fecking understandind.

Just put the boot in for a change.

There wasn't that much between the teams other than the threat upfront.  Cifti is a really good player and bullied Ando a bit to be honest.  He was the main difference between the teams.  Utd are top of the league and you listen to their fans the past 12 months about how good a football side they are and I just don't see it.. they have added 2 good solid centre backs which are an improvement on last year, but other than striker I wouldn't take any of their midfield players ahead of ours, and wouldn't touch their keeper.

The pattern of the game was very predictable; Saints did okay upto about 35 yards out then had no penetration at all, and just kept passing across the front of Utd until we would eventually lose it.  We aren't the same threat from set pieces as last season just now, and Utd have pace on the counter attack which we struggled with a couple of times.  Our defence has lacked a bit of pace for some time and with Scobbie out it would be good to see someone else brought in as an option against teams with pace going forward.

At least we made the two changes early enough to make an impact, and it definitely gave us far more purpose going forward early in the second half.  We really are paying for the lack of ambition in the transfer market over the summer though, nobody was looking for the club to overspend or anything but surely we could have afforded to pay the wages of someone decent upfront (in addition to BG who has made a great start).

Starting a match in the premier league without a recognised striker on the pitch is criminal, and cheating the fans a wee bit in my humble opinion,  so lets hope this gets sorted quickly. Morgan needs to be given a chance to start upfront alongside Graham next week to see what he really can do.  A couple of games in the team and at least we'll begin to know for sure whether he can offer us anything.  Spoony definitely could do with a rest from the first team just now. 

Caddis started to run the midfield in our good spell in the second half and Muzz threw himself into every header and certainly adds something to our midfield. 

Fraser Wright's ribbon round the neck gesture to the Dundee punters as he walked off the pitch was justified!!  I think they might be the biggest bunch of whingers in any support in the Premier League, they complain about anything.

Tommy says before game United are good on the break yet when Muzz questions going up for corner Callum siglas for him to go leaving Easton 1 on 1 with Shifty.Easton is probably our slowest player.

At the second goal we are in a good position with Lappin in a great position for a pass & our striker???? delays pass too long & it is intercepted & we are caught on the break,

Muzz had a good game & Caddis & O`Halloran played better when we went 4-4-2.

Couldn`t believe it when Croft was subbed instead of Wotherspoon who was poor again.

Is Morgan a football player ?. It says it all when he was signed as striker & Tommy plays O`Halloran up front on his own.

United were poor & their defence are shakey but we never put them under any pressure.

Can`t believe Alan Preston said United dominated in an easy win.

That was utter Barry White. Beaten by a better team, simple as. Thought the ref was pish for both sides (nae surprise there) How Cifci never got a second yellow for his Tom Daly, I do not know. Would not have made any difference to the outcome, but Madden looked like he simply bottled it. ( Then again I am not sure what his first booking was for). The ONLY consolation was that it was just 3 points and not a cup final.

Didn't think we were as bad as the scoreline suggests.  Thought we were slightly on top when they broke for the first.

Positives to be had in the performance of Caddis, Muzz and Lappin.

O'Halleron put in a good shift and Morgan looked more up for it as well.

Spoony needs a spell on the bench though.

Expected a gubbing today.............didn't happen to be honest.

We were horrendous again, totally aimless and gutless. Maybe harsh but we can't keep sticking with Wright, he's clearly past it, and despite the odd good showing needs to be phased out, Mackays no longer up to playing right back either, so the solution is screaming at us there. McDonald is the eptimome of whats wrong with us just now, a pointless footballer who hides as much as possible but plays a pass every so often before shitting out of any other contribution. While Wotherspoons starting to show the form which explains why one of the worst Hibs teams in living memory released him. O'Halloran is still a greedy whore who needs to grow a brain, and Adam Morgan will forever be associated with the shite Summer that completely ruined our chances of growing as a club.

This game was pretty pointless as we were always going to lose, its even worse the fact its so obvious despite it only being several months since one of the best days of our life. My seethe for Steve Brown over this Summer will never fade tbh, an utter ****ing waste of ten years hard work, shafted by one man.

We were horrendous again, totally aimless and gutless. Maybe harsh but we can't keep sticking with Wright, he's clearly past it, and despite the odd good showing needs to be phased out, Mackays no longer up to playing right back either, so the solution is screaming at us there. McDonald is the eptimome of whats wrong with us just now, a pointless footballer who hides as much as possible but plays a pass every so often before shitting out of any other contribution. While Wotherspoons starting to show the form which explains why one of the worst Hibs teams in living memory released him. O'Halloran is still a greedy whore who needs to grow a brain, and Adam Morgan will forever be associated with the shite Summer that completely ruined our chances of growing as a club.

This game was pretty pointless as we were always going to lose, its even worse the fact its so obvious despite it only being several months since one of the best days of our life. My seethe for Steve Brown over this Summer will never fade tbh, an utter ****ing waste of ten years hard work, shafted by one man.

Some emotive language there Random. Indicates that you may be a bit upset, or angry.

It's frustrating when you can see the potential to take a step forward for our club, but yet again we're going backwards! Even although it is early in the season it's hard to watch teams like Hamilton and Inverness sit above us in the league by a good margin and another team who we beat in the Scottish Cup some 10 points ahead of us already. I read an early report from one of the Utd players yesterday, who after the result was asked, "how far can this Utd team go" his reply was " I believe it will be difficult to finish ahead of Celtic, but that's what we're aiming for" Whether you believe Utd can finish higher than Celtic or not, the way this season is going other clubs ourselves included may not get a better chance!

Am pished

You were by half 2 never mind now.

To the radio pundit saying we were dominated.. We had the majority of poession. Clearly shows much he paid attention?

In the 2nd half the midfield were quite happy just passing it square or backwards just to maintain possession at times.

I know it can't go forward every time but no one showed any sort of belief they could actually create something.

Croft and Lappin were about the only midfielders who touched the ball in the final third all day?

Edited by PerthSeany