What Is Your Top Mcdiarmid Xi

AthensSaint

So basis who has played for Saints at McD over the years, who would you pick in your McD top starting XI ??

Here is mine basis 4-4-2

Mannus (just makes it over Main who I never liked)

Dave McKay   Sergi Baltacha  Alan Kernaghan  Callum Davidson

Momo Sylla  Paul Kane   Nick Daosvic  John O'Neil

Stevie May     Bily Dodds

* I think Momo was on left side but wanted both him and O'Neil in the team.

Let's see yours.........     

Alan Main

Dave MacKay           Sergei Baltacha                 Alan Kernaghan              Callum Davidson

Nick Dasovic                  Attila Sekerlioglu

Sammy Johnston

Allan Moore                        Jason Scotland                Stevie May

Not an easy thing at all this.

Decided to go with players not for just ability but for what they meant/mean to me as a St. Johnstone fan.

GK - Alan Mannus. Have we ever had a better keeper? Not in my lifetime.

RB - Dave Mackay. Was a close call between him and John McQuillan but Dave wins, mainly cause he's a Cup winning captain. Sums up the Saints spirit and mentality.

CH - Sergei Baltacha. Strictly speaking he was a Sweeper but he's playing Centre Half for me. Travesty that John McLelland was allowed to get rid of him.

CH - Steven Anderson. Everything I love about St. Johnstone. Would run through the usual clichéd inaminate objects for the cause.

LB - Allan Preston. Just nicks in ahead of Brian Easton and Goran Stanic.

RM - Allan Moore. Wonderful little player and never forget his hat trick against Ayr at McDiarmid.

CM - Nick Dasovic. What a player. Only when he was gone did we all realise his value.

CM - Atilla Sekerliouglu. Wonderful guy, great player.

LM - Leigh Jenkinson. Like Dasovic and Atilla before, an integral part of that great mid 90's side.

ST - Stevie May. Even if it was only that one season. Thankyou Stevie.

ST - Steve Maclean - Arise Sir Steven. I love this guy. What a footballer as well. How anyone doubted him early on I'll never know. Won't ever bang them in but a cleverer and smarter footballer you'll struggle to find at Saints right now. He keeps Roddy out the team, and then some.

From my time of mid-90s onwards

Main / Mannus (can't decide, edging towards Mannus)

Mackay Kernaghan Duberry Davidson

O'Neil Dasovic Sekerlioglu Jenkinson

May MacLean

Till fairly recently McQuillian, O'Boyle and Simao would have featured. An O'Boyle at his peak with May up front could have been something else but gone for Maclean here based on goals in final, luzern how he motivates team and how he has come back from injury.

Edited by sjfc99

Main

Mackay Baltacha Duberry Stanic

O'Neill Attilla  Morris   Sheerin

May  Dodds

subs-Mannus McQuillan Weir Kernaghan Davidson Moore Hardie Dasovic Scott Wright Scotland

in the stand - Ando Wright Easton Preston  Momo Muzz Kane O'Hallaron Macca Roddy Simao

best crosser - Riseth

Based solely on anything from 99 onwards, anything before that is hazy at best. Combination of best and favourites.

Mannus

Mackay Ando Duberry Stanic

Millar Hardie Sheerin

Scotland Maclean May

Completely disjointed but what a team spirit that lot would have.

The likes of Dasovic and O'Neill miss out due to playing when I was at an age when I couldn't really appreciate individual talent.

Great thread.  I went for capped players:

Mannus;  Griffin, Kernaghan, Baltacha and Davidson ©;  Hartley, Davidson (M), Dasovic and O'Neil;  O'Boyle and Scotland.

Am I right in thinking six of these were capped while at Saints?

I counted five whilst at Saints but could be wrong (Mannus, Griffin, Davidson (m), Dasovic, Scotland)