Corruption

sixties saintee

Interesting to note that the UK authorities (Serious Fraud Squad):-

"had no power to prosecute any wrongdoing as the alleged offences took place outside the UK and against non- British nationals, yet now the DoJ is taking the lead.

“While the SFO has been pondering whether or not they have the jurisdiction to prosecute the American authorities have taken action with today’s arrests.

“The SFO could still get involved if a British link to the alleged corruption is discovered during the investigation. But, the DoJ has already taken the initiative and whatever the SFO does now it maybe seen to be chasing the shadows of the American prosecutors.” 

This just reads as though the SFO were a considering it but were a bit scared to do anything, but now that the Americans have proceeded, so it is OK.

Surely to goodness, common sense will now prevail and Blatter will not be re-elected on Friday.  The elections are still going ahead (just now), but I wouldn't be surprised if Blatter postpones these in order to hold on to power for a bit longer.

I've been through a doj investigation at my old company, brutal experience, for everyone in the company, not just those indited. Ended with 4 colleagues going to jail, big case, lots of publicity.

The more of a news story it is the more these govt. attorney generals want the action to help their careers. They have the resources and big egos and will fuk you up. This will not end well for Blatter, I'll take that bet with anyone now. People will roll over and this thing will unravel going back many years. They will get subpoenas on every message, e-mail, text for the last 10+ years and build a case, slowly but surely. They will get access to all evidence from other countries, through the back door if needed and its hard federal time at the end of the road, so 4 years is 4 years, not 50% of.

FIFA has been a global embarrassment for years, I hope the whole bunch of crooks get smoked, fuking disgrace its lasted this long.

the article I have been reading states that Blatter is not Currently under investigation 

His time will come...they have not detained him yet as they are sweating him

I'm not being flippant when I say that don't be surprised if at some point in the future he is found in a car with a hose through the window

Edited by Edstar101

I'm a bit worried not much will come of this.

UEFA, not FIFA, want to postpone the election, which seems silly as surely Blatter is more likely to lose tomorrow than ever.

But then you remember that Platini wants to be FIFA leader not now but later, and fancies his chances more after 4 more years of Blatter corruption than against the Jordanian guy.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire, they're all corrupt.

In other news, if it ends up the Americans were responsible for something that successfully cleaned up football, should we let them rename it soccer?