Tommy Campbell

Dave Ferg

Bruce McAlpine doesn't have a mean spirited bone in his body!

I believe he is my dearly departed Nan's cousin. I have met him a few times and as was mentioned earlier he is a true gent and a saintee through and through.

I am also led to believe that down that side of my family there is a certain Hamish McAlpine too, although I don't think I ever met him personally. Think I shouted abuse at him once at Muirton park though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/st-johnstone-doorman-bruce-mcalpine-5828775

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=3589

Edited by jazzsaint

What's with some of us on here?

We start a thread to say all the best to TC and we end up criticising someone else who, to me personally, has always been friendly and helpful.

Same with the club charter.

We seem to think that the club owe us explanations about everything or are entitled to a personal thankyou.

If I'd been running the site it would have been shut down maybe two years ago. It's become a poor reflection of what it once was. You wouldn't think we all had the same aim of supporting our team.

I know, if you don't like it don't come on and post, but I have found more maturity at a toddler group I sometimes have helped at than I find we collectively display on here.

:)

hey, I thought you were away to support Stirling Albion?   :laugh:

I agree with your point though.

We start a thread to say all the best to TC and we end up criticising someone else who, to me personally, has always been friendly and helpful.
We seem to think that the club owe us explanations about everything or are entitled to a personal thankyou.
If I'd been running the site it would have been shut down maybe two years ago. It's become a poor reflection of what it once was. You wouldn't think we all had the same aim of supporting our team.
I know, if you don't like it don't come on and post, but I have found more maturity at a toddler group I sometimes have helped at than I find we collectively display on here.

I'm not agreeing or indeed disagreeing with you but folk should be able to say what they like.

Some people naturally back the club on everything and some don't.

I'm not agreeing or indeed disagreeing with you but folk should be able to say what they like.

Some people naturally back the club on everything and some don't.

You are right, of course you are, but it's undeniable how much poorer this forum has become, partly because of certain attitudes we often reflect on here.

You are right, of course you are, but it's undeniable how much poorer this forum has become, partly because of certain attitudes we often reflect on here.

----------------------------

give it up. the attitudes are of those people who follow Saints, and they are the same sort of forum posts you'll find across the net.... this is not some high society .....it's open forum.

Fact is: the doorman was mentioned, my post reflected on MY VIEW as a PAYING CUSTOMER of his rudeness..... and gave reflection that a friendly guy, and equally long serving guy TC hasn't had a mention on the OS (though that might simply be down to no one having time to write a fitting article).

I'm sure if you know the doorman he is cool, but then again he might be encountered to be a rude git.... until you get used to him!!!!

Edited by MySpazz

----------------------------

give it up. the attitudes are of those people who follow Saints, and they are the same sort of forum posts you'll find across the net.... this is not some high society .....it's open forum.

Fact is: the doorman was mentioned, my post reflected on MY VIEW as a PAYING CUSTOMER of his rudeness..... and gave reflection that a friendly guy, and equally long serving guy TC hasn't had a mention on the OS (though that might simply be down to no one having time to write a fitting article).

I'm sure if you know the doorman he is cool, but then again he might be encountered to be a rude git.... until you get used to him!!!!

Give what up? I don't care about the other forums on the net. This forum, one of a few I look at, is not as good as it used to be (which is a pity), and that is a view shared by many. Or isn't it?

Bruce I have always found to be very friendly, there is another "steward" (sorry I don't know his name)who I have occasionally encountered in the Muirton Suite who is extremely arrogant and rude. Dave the regular doorman in the Muirton Suite is also very nice and friendly and good ambassador for the club.

TC was a fantastic servant of the club in many a role and did not get credit due in my opinion head of youh up until two years ago the younger squad players at the present and the past are TCs players (not the current head of youth)has TC ever had  the credit due for STEVE MAY CADDIS ETC !!!!!!

has TC ever had  the credit due for STEVE MAY CADDIS ETC !!!!!!

Tell me about all of the 'etc' please.

May, yes. But Caddis is hardly a superstar. TC did great committed work for the club, was a fantastic servant to St Johnstone, a committed individual, a very well liked man amongst fans, players and staff, but let's not go getting carried away when it comes to your quote above.

Edited by Kevin James Is On Stilts

• 1 month later...

Sad to hear this. I have zero knowledge on the situation so I am merely speculating for the record, but I wonder if the club is after a younger coach. That's no slight on Tommy but I think if you can relate to the kids you're teaching and them you, that is half the battle. The bigger the generation gap, the harder that is.

Really disappointing to see things turn sour there.

Edited by Pat McGroin