Tommy Campbell

Dave Ferg

Sad to hear this. I have zero knowledge on the situation so I am merely speculating for the record, but I wonder if the club is after a younger coach. That's no slight on Tommy but I think if you can relate to the kids you're teaching and them you, that is half the battle. The bigger the generation gap, the harder that is.

Really disappointing to see things turn sour there.

Don't think he was a coach any longer. Just kit man.

Just for the record this was not Tommys decision to retire or leave his position plenty of life in him yet .this was not a club decision

But a managerial shout

Definitely not a team decision ask them high respect from them to TC

Have to agree sixties it will come out.As you know Tommy is very old Sokool

Also if he did just retire or resign surely for gods sake after all that he has put into saints over many many years

There would be some thing on official website

Nothing at all and I love Bruce Mcalpine to bits was a doorman and got a farewell

Also ask Stevie May or his dad who his mentor was "........answer TC

Can someone enlighten me as to why this is even worth discussing?  we have let go an aging kitman from the Club.  Yes he gave us some good service over the years but he wasn't doing it for free, he was employed and paid a wage accordingly.  Now I have absolutely no idea of the ins of why he was let go and to be honest I dont particularly care, at the end of the day its not exactly going to have any direct impact on how the players perform on the pitch.  I'm pretty sure the new guy is equally adept as TC was at pushing the buttons on the washing machine or ironing the kits ready for matchday.

Complete non story, if Tommy decided he wanted to bring someone new in to do that job thats his prerogative, this nonsense about us being a family club meaning anybody that works there has got a job for life is utter bollocks.

Tommy has maybe just done him a favour anyway, freeing up his saturdays now for him to go and support his beloved Celtic.  :roll:

Can someone enlighten me as to why this is even worth discussing? we have let go an aging kitman from the Club. Yes he gave us some good service over the years but he wasn't doing it for free, he was employed and paid a wage accordingly. Now I have absolutely no idea of the ins of why he was let go and to be honest I dont particularly care, at the end of the day its not exactly going to have any direct impact on how the players perform on the pitch. I'm pretty sure the new guy is equally adept as TC was at pushing the buttons on the washing machine or ironing the kits ready for matchday.

Complete non story, if Tommy decided he wanted to bring someone new in to do that job thats his prerogative, this nonsense about us being a family club meaning anybody that works there has got a job for life is utter bollocks.

Tommy has maybe just done him a favour anyway, freeing up his saturdays now for him to go and support his beloved Celtic. :roll:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/6671995/images/1258024328623.gif

You the Browns mouthpiece, Tommy was there for  a good while doing a good job respected by the players and fans alike and did not let his allegiances affect his club duties, Tommy deserved a little respect ( and got none from you ) we see it all the time the older worker being shoved out the door to save a few coppers, what price loyalty. You summed your post up with the comment you dont care why he was let go ( for whatever reason } that is what has gone wrong with this country. 

Sorry Rick not aimed at you but at Slaphead

Edited by sixties saintee

I'm guessing his contract was up and it wasn't renewed by the manager, who brought in his own man?

Isn't that exactly what the players/other coaches have to go through each year?

Obviously sorry to see him go and it's sad he's left on bad terms, but I'm not sure there's actually much of an issue here?

Edit: I obviously don't know the whole story, so apologies if I've got that wrong.

Too many people on this post that know next to nothing about the situation but doesn't stop them from having plenty to say.

I know plenty about the situation, but as per the request from Tranmere Saintee details of which are not to be discussed on here which is why I only offered my opinion.

I still find the whole thing a non-story, as Kyle points out we have a turnover of Physio / Coaching staff every single year.  People move on.  Whats the big issue? 

I know plenty about the situation, but as per the request from Tranmere Saintee details of which are not to be discussed on here which is why I only offered my opinion.

I still find the whole thing a non-story, as Kyle points out we have a turnover of Physio / Coaching staff every single year.  People move on.  Whats the big issue? 

As browns mouthpiece you would, You still dont get it do you

I'm not sure I understand the issue either to be honest, certainly from a legal stand point.

If his contract was a permanent one rather than a fixed term one, then that's obviously a different story all together.

If his contract has been allowed to lapse and hasn't been renewed, then I'm disappointed the club haven't acknowledged his service to the club over the years. Even more so that he's left under a cloud and things have turned nasty.

I hope Tommy and the club can resolve things amicably as the fans will remember him fondly I'm sure.

G Brown put money and service into the club over 30 years...... no one "allowed" to question anything they/he do[es].... [note; not knocking brown...dare I! #justaaying]

T Campbell put worklife, service, local representation into the club over 30 years........ but can GTF cos his contract was up.....according to some folk on here

He wasn't just the kitman, he played many roles at the club.....including, in many ways an ambassador for saints.....

Show some goodwill.... TC clearly didn't volunteer to go. And the job went to someone outside the local area, so that's one more on the perth unemployment stats!

I think it's sad to read TC is no longer at the club.

Edited by MySpazz