The ghost of Jim Morton

Eh? He faces up and the balls simply knocked past him. He then has to wipe the player out and get sent off or allow the player to take a free run at goal. At least when hes sideways he can force the attacker a certain way and hes ready to chase the ball if its knocked past him.

The way you want him to defend is just centre half suicide.

What's Bulgarian for, 'Make sure there's another defender behind you first and then take the guy out'?

I hadn't noticed you putting 'RanDOOmGuy' below RandomGuy.

We're all getting a bit 'doomy' just now.

Eh? He faces up and the balls simply knocked past him. He then has to wipe the player out and get sent off or allow the player to take a free run at goal. At least when hes sideways he can force the attacker a certain way and hes ready to chase the ball if its knocked past him.

The way you want him to defend is just centre half suicide.

Agree with you, but can also see where Cagey is coming from. Ando always seems to tackle with the wrong foot and ends up turning his back on the man.

Agree with you, but can also see where Cagey is coming from. Ando always seems to tackle with the wrong foot and ends up turning his back on the man.

I commented at the motherwell game how well he tackles, goes side on and tends to step in with his left foot to block the ball, did it to perfection a few times on Saturday.  

Pretty sure turning side on to a faster attacker is like day 1 defending school stuff, pretty surprised people are questioning that.

Executing it properly is another matter I suppose, but it doesn't stop it being what you are supposed to do

edit - how did this convo end up in BBC Scotland?

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

• 2 weeks later...

I know we shouldn't be surprised at the incompetence of the BBC' s website but surely Saints should be fourth in the League on account of the fact that we have won 1 and drawn 1 and are therefore ahead over our head to head games.

As much as I hate sticking up for them, how is our league position possibly the BBC's fault?

It could be very interesting if we and RC are 6th and 7th and equal at the split.

Its decided by..

• Goals scored
  • Head to Head record
  • Goal Difference in the Head to Head games
  • Play Off at neutral venue

We're currently ahead on the Head to Head (1-1, 3-2) so are fourth. If County beat us by one goal then it could be interesting.

They compile and print the League tables on their website and have Saints and Ross County in the wrong positions as per SPFL rules

Well then so do Sky Sports, and STV, the Saints official website, the main SPFL website its self, and every other news outlet that covers Scottish football.

The BBC just reproduce the table, it's hardly their fault

Well then so do Sky Sports, and STV, the Saints official website, the main SPFL website its self, and every other news outlet that covers Scottish football.

The BBC just reproduce the table, it's hardly their fault

Not quite the right thread for this question, but IF Celtic win the league and scottish cup, and we finish 4th....is that us in Europe again

First Willie Miller slavouring about the hierarchy in Scottish football on the radio on Wednesday night and teams like ourselves and Inverness should just accept that staying in the top league each year should be as good as it gets, now Strachan at it today saying the top league needs the Hibs and their huge support, so makes it so sweet when ourselves, County, Inverness win these cups and get it right up these patronising, condescending ......, no often I have a smile on my face first thing on a Monday morning, pity though, as most of the Hobos have taken the day off to celebrate their win, just forgot that County were not there to make up numbers, and lie down to this superpower of Scottish football!! (according to Wee Gordon & Nevin).