Celtic vs Saints 23/01

David123

It's tough to decide tactic against celtic. You could pack the midfield. Which worked for long spells at home in December. But the pitch at parkhead is wide and celtic get people into those spaces quickly. 

However they leave big holes in behind there own fullbacks if TW , brave enough to go after those spaces. Maclean has the energy and pace to play in those holes, just not sure that suits Eastons game to support. 

I'd be interested to see how Thomson plays on a decent pitch, given how well he's done in the last few games.  However, I would expect Spoony to start on the right as he has more experience at defensive cover.

Spoony looked good in the middle on Saturday- wanted too much time on the ball at times but he did well mostly. I'd expect him back there again on Saturday.

I'd be interested to see how Thomson plays on a decent pitch, given how well he's done in the last few games.  However, I would expect Spalny to start on the right as he has more experience at defensive cover.

Spoony does not have the pace or energy to track back. He has his best games when he comes on with 20/30 mins to go as that seems to be all he has the energy for before he starts blowing out his arse.

As for defensive cover,did you see Thomson's track back & tackle when Hamilton had a breakaway in 92nd minute & looked like scoring.

Spoony does not have the pace or energy to track back. He has his best games when he comes on with 20/30 mins to go as that seems to be all he has the energy for before he starts blowing out his arse.

As for defensive cover,did you see Thomson's track back & tackle when Hamilton had a breakaway in 92nd minute & looked like scoring.

Hence why I said experience and not ability.  Do you think Tommy has sufficient faith in Thomson to trust him with what will be a tough shift?

In saying that, it's a game in which you don't expect to gain any points from, and he has previously put Caddis in midfield against Celtic before - a genuine test I suppose.  With Joe now moved to CH and Dave back at RB (and Fisher thankfully not available) it would be my preference to see Thomson on the right wing for this game.

I really don't think young Thomsan will start, TW blooded him in what on paper is a far easier match and at home, he will not risk denting the young mans confidence by putting him on from the start against Sellic and possibly undoing the good work bringing him on so far.

Thomson will play sparingly from now till the end of the season, a lot more work to be done with the lad and Saints will do it in the correct way i'm sure. It will be a gradual process before he becomes a regular.

I really don't think young Thomsan will start, TW blooded him in what on paper is a far easier match and at home, he will not risk denting the young mans confidence by putting him on from the start against Sellic and possibly undoing the good work bringing him on so far.

Thomson will play sparingly from now till the end of the season, a lot more work to be done with the lad and Saints will do it in the correct way i'm sure. It will be a gradual process before he becomes a regular.

If Mikey is away, do you not see him as a pretty important player for us for the remainder of the season?

Totally disagree. If MOH is away and we assume that is the case I expect the young lad to get plenty playing time. 

If Mikey is away, do you not see him as a pretty important player for us for the remainder of the season?

he is a young lad with one start, he is still learning and in 90% of cases it is a gradual process. we maybe signing one (DOW) possibly two in the transfer market, the young lad will be nursed along I suspect.

so the answer to your question is no, I do not see him as a pretty important player for us for the remainder of the season. a pretty important player for future seasons, could be.

I don't see Thomson starting at park head.  His back tracking in the last minute v accies was great but when he had time to think about it when Hamilton had the ball he looked lost.  Celtic will punish that. Can see him coming on with his pace against a tiring defense.

Faster thank moh?

I agree with most that MOH should  start and on the right. But will TW put him in the team. If TW thought  his head was else where for a home game against Hamilton where will it be playing at Celtic park with over 40,000 hostiles roaring at him because he is linked with the Gers. I hope he plays he needs the match practice for the semi

I agree with most that MOH should  start and on the right. But will TW put him in the team. If TW thought  his head was else where for a home game against Hamilton where will it be playing at Celtic park with over 40,000 hostiles roaring at him because he is linked with the Gers. I hope he plays he needs the match practice for the semi

Do you think he'll still be here Dominic?