Celtic vs Saints 23/01

David123

Thought Saints acquitted themselves quite well today, and although we lost, I was reasonably happy with our performance. Celtic are a decent side with some top quality players and at times they tore us apart but we stuck at it and had a few chances at 3-1 to get back in the game. Their keeper made one great save and a couple of decent efforts to block cross balls. I am also convinced we had one over the line which was not given. Certainly that was my first impression anyway. Hopefully it will be captured on camera so we can see it again. I was also a bit unhappy with Celtics 3rd goal as I think there was a blatant foul in the build up ( but again I would like to see tv footage to confirm one way or another) As I said, overall not to bad and a good platform for next weekends semi. Well done to the 100 odd souls who made the trip today. COYS

Easton clattered late by GMS off the ball and on the ground, two seconds later GMS gets the ball in space and scores. Yet again the ref decides we're not allowed to be too competitive. 

yip. Looked like ref was going to give the foul then didn't. 

What's up with ando at the moment. Not been great lately, very poor today. Looks like he has  given up a bit. 

Moh did OK, but stopped playing once Sutton came on. Nowhere near any knock ins or passes from Sutton.

From where I was sitting, it didn't look like the ball crossed the line.

Lappin was fine. He worked hard and pressed Celtic very well at times. I actually think that this kind of game suits him particularly well, rather than a match in which we're considered to be the better team and are expected to take the initiative. A lot of his good work takes place off the ball. For me, since signing for the club, he has rarely shown positive/successful end product when in possession of the ball.

Mikey was my MotM today. Still not at the same level as some of his performances during the first half of the season, but a significant improvement on his recent displays.

Despite losing (and dropping to 5th place), I'm reasonably happy with what I saw today. We created a handful of decent chances, although Celtic's attacking players sliced through the centre of our defence far too often in the second half. Mannus made a fair amount of decent saves. Most importantly, we scored a goal and the final scoreline was respectable. We can take confidence through to the semi-final.

Didnt pay badly and were dangerous until the ref suddenly decided late challenges were legal and we went 3-1 down. Even then we then hit the bar and had what looked like a goal not given. Promising.

I reckon that our best chance was actually Liam Craig's one-on-one with the keeper after Mikey had crossed the ball to him.

Highlights up sharpish tonight ( One can only wonder WHY   loolololo)

Having now viewed the clearance off the line I can safely say  the ball  certainly does not look like it is close to being all over the line. On the flip side I am now even more convince that it was a foul in the build up to the third goal.