MOTM Aberdeen 1 - Saints 1 - 27/02/16

ex-montrosesaintee

MOTM Aberdeen 1 - Saints 1 - 27/02/16  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The result - for me - masks a pretty poor display from us although probably better than some of late. We were still very guilty of being way too slow and making ridiculous mistakes like dithering on the ball and being dispossessed and passing straight to opposition players. Aberdeen were no where near as cut throat as the home game a few weeks ago. Anderson was head and shoulders above everyone else. I can understand people giving it to Craig but it's Anderson for me. He won everything he went for and Aberdeen are quite a physical side. 

Given I have been  giving him a bit of stick on here recently it is only right I give my vote to Alan Mannus who made two  great saves  and for once they   helped us win a good point. Notable mentions to Ando, Fisher, Joe the throw as well as a very hard working pair of Maclean and cummins. Also thought Scott Broon was doing well.  surprised he was removed at HT but  think he must have had a wee knock surely.

Also thought Scott Broon was doing well.  surprised he was removed at HT but  think he must have had a wee knock surely.

He appeared to be moving pretty freely and had a sprint and tackle right before the half time whistle. Unless something was just feeling a bit tight and he asked to be taken off as a precaution.

I honestly think he should be given a run in the team to freshen things up. He has all the attributes to be an SPL centre midfielder. 

Give him a chance Tommy!!

Went for Mannus, a number of fine saves and although he was shaky with cross balls occasionally, I'd much rather he starts trying to command his box like he was trying to yesterday. Conceding far too many from set pieces so even if now and again he misjudges a cross that leads to a goal, I still think that's a  better option than staying on his line.

Real man of the match has to go to the guy from the  St John Ambulance.

That guy was tremendous at saving a life today did not give up on the Resuscitation

First time in my life I have not celebrated a Saints goal.

Really glad to hear is going to be ok