Calling ALL overseas Saintees

AthensSaint

I am down under so don't get to see any matches here we only get Celtic and now it will be Rangers

1. I'd pay for a streaming package of games direct to the club per month

2. I'd also pay for the match day programmes to be posted out each week

a pre season down here would be great 

cheers

You probably don't get the PA down there, so this is the hand out from the paper, Open the image in a new tab and print. It's A3

CpF0T8MWgAAMbnD.jpg

I think there is more than enough input for St.johnstone to act on however there lack of response to Athens thread is probably causing negative responses..

This thread is directed to overseas and I think there really wanting people that are on mainland europe and a far...

The fact there are some people feeling missed out because they live in England is rather funny as the true exiles are jealous on a weekly basis that you really do have the ability to see Saints on a far more regular basis than us.. This gives us a true input in how gutted we are not seeing our beloved team..

So to all the perth people I,m Jealous and to all the others in the UK I,m Jealous send Athens some ideas he's leading it  and he has the duty to make sure Saints hear our point of view....

Get a frikkin live stream sorted thats all us exiles really want and maybe a yearly get together....

It's not a laughing matter I'm in England......LAUGH OUT LOUD and I wouldn't be jealous of me as it ain't easy at all to get to a game from where I'm standing! 

it's very tricky for me to up sticks on a Saturday morning and get to a game from Southend. Prob just as easy if you were in Belgium or Holland.....and to be honest just as cheap to get to a game from these two countries. 

Having two young children and living 450 miles away also makes it very difficult.

If u r retired and living abroad in The Costas then I recon u would have more opportunity of getting to a game than I would.

So stop getting a boner about not living in the UK and being a "true exile", and think about the individuals who are not near our fair city, who do live outside Scotland and who aren't able to splash out on flights, or petrol or train tickets every other weekend. 

It's not a laughing matter I'm in England......LAUGH OUT LOUD and I wouldn't be jealous of me as it ain't easy at all to get to a game from where I'm standing! 

it's very tricky for me to up sticks on a Saturday morning and get to a game from Southend. Prob just as easy if you were in Belgium or Holland.....and to be honest just as cheap to get to a game from these two countries. 

Having two young children and living 450 miles away also makes it very difficult.

If u r retired and living abroad in The Costas then I recon u would have more opportunity of getting to a game than I would.

So stop getting a boner about not living in the UK and being a "true exile", and think about the individuals who are not near our fair city, who do live outside Scotland and who aren't able to splash out on flights, or petrol or train tickets every other weekend. 

He was being positive about being an exile.

Don't really want to get into a boring post about definitions, An exile lives too far from the ground to make games, without much ado.

Golf clubs all ahve town and country membership. St Johnstone cater for a specific market, they do it well (look where we are), but as the previous poster just said: THEY ARE LEAVING MONEY ON THE TABLE :)

Edited by MySpazz

He was being positive about being an exile.

Don't really want to get into a boring post about definitions, An exile lives too far from the ground to make games, without much ado.

Golf clubs all ahve town and country membership. St Johnstone cater for a specific market, they do it well (look where we are), but as the previous poster just said: THEY ARE LEAVING MONEY ON THE TABLE :)

Don't get  your point quoting my post.....I don't think u understood my original point as you yourself have just backed it up!

Yes he was positive about being an exile living outside the UK which must be extremely difficult for any saints fan in that situation  and frustrating. I do feel for those abroad

The original point slightly mocks people like urself and myself living in England and finding it tough to get to games. You summed it up for me with ur definition. 

Are you kidding me there are people in perth with families that want to see saints but have to put food on the table that is not where this conversation needs to go..The affordability of seeing saints is another topic and to be fair to the club they do an excellent job in trying to help..

Were talking exiles people out with the UK so get a grip I have a mate who lives in Manchester who tries very hard to see saints whenever possible and I assure you its more  difficult for someone from the northern part of scotland than it is for you..

Fact your not an excile your a supporter who has challenges like a lot of people to see there team but at least you dont need a passport.. 

Are you kidding me there are people in perth with families that want to see saints but have to put food on the table that is not where this conversation needs to go..The affordability of seeing saints is another topic and to be fair to the club they do an excellent job in trying to help..

Were talking exiles people out with the UK so get a grip I have a mate who lives in Manchester who tries very hard to see saints whenever possible and I assure you its more  difficult for someone from the northern part of scotland than it is for you..

Fact your not an excile your a supporter who has challenges like a lot of people to see there team but at least you dont need a passport.. 

"People in Perth....Food on the table". What u in about? Your right it's not the convo that's needed just now. Not even relevant to the thread. Don't try and twist my comment.

My point is that my original post politely asking if people outwith Scotland can be  part of the exiles isn't "laughable" as you put it, and that it's just as difficult to get to a game from Essex as it is from some other countries in Europe. 

Credit to ur pal in Manchester trying to get to as many games. Well done to him. Not criticising anyone.  

But why the bad love originally? You of all people living abroad should understand the issues not living near Perth.....or do u want ur own wee special exiles club this exclusive, special handshakes sacrificing goats, that can only be entered with proof of residency abroad? 

90% of what u said I totally agree with it was just the fact that u feel that strongly about excluding those who live the other end of the country....I'm closer to France than Perth.....does that not count? 

"People in Perth....Food on the table". What u in about? Your right it's not the convo that's needed just now. Not even relevant to the thread. Don't try and twist my comment.

My point is that my original post politely asking if people outwith Scotland can be  part of the exiles isn't "laughable" as you put it, and that it's just as difficult to get to a game from Essex as it is from some other countries in Europe. 

Credit to ur pal in Manchester trying to get to as many games. Well done to him. Not criticising anyone.  

But why the bad love originally? You of all people living abroad should understand the issues not living near Perth.....or do u want ur own wee special exiles club this exclusive, special handshakes sacrificing goats, that can only be entered with proof of residency abroad? 

90% of what u said I totally agree with it was just the fact that u feel that strongly about excluding those who live the other end of the country....I'm closer to France than Perth.....does that not count? 

I mean no bad feeling towards you at all but if this is about exiles then it should be about people beyond these shores or it may as well be long distance supporters and that I would credit you with along with our supporters in Orkney...

Look who cares your a saints supporter and I value your opinion and respect you as a fellow sainty but exiles are what they are supporters beyond these shores...

I made the point earlier, and I'll make it again: geographic distance is only one form of exile. Many, many more can't make games because of disability or poverty. Just as important, perhaps more important than the self-appointed hero exile icons on here.

John W being the exception and example that others would do well to follow.

I agree Melbourne. If we were a larger club, with plastics popping out of every nook, maybe we could afford to be restrictive to the true exile definition, i.e. offshore, tanned, tax dodger, gin riddled parasite living off the fat of another land.

Instead, we are far better encouraging all and sundry to our nest. Especially the Barbour jacket, Range Rover brigade :)  and any other English/Welsh or Shetlanders who have interest!

I reached back to Ross with my 'broken record' request for a simple stream. Response back was request for a picture of me and family wearing saints garb....not sure how that will help him with his new web based Saints TV platform, but so be it....

As an "exile" myself, what I'd really like to see is some sort of computer-based system that allows us to discuss every minutiae of Saints, day or night, and also provides instant updates on team news, latest scores and fan reactions, and even enables us to see goals and watch highlights. I think that would be the dream.

As an "exile" myself, what I'd really like to see is some sort of computer-based system that allows us to discuss every minutiae of Saints, day or night, and also provides instant updates on team news, latest scores and fan reactions, and even enables us to see goals and watch highlights. I think that would be the dream.

Why don't you volunteer to do something about that then?

Who is this friend who lives in  Manchester  Bye Bye