Player contracts and transfers

David123

I would much rather have Clark playing games than warming the bench for a season. I think Banks is exactly what you need for a reserve keeper. Experienced, seems to be a good goalie coach and understands that he's second choice.

If Clark performs well enough, he'll get his chance when Mannus leaves.

I know most on here are dubious about Goodwillie but we've had many with a chequered past at Saints. No doubt he's a bad'un but everyone deserves a chance to turn their lives around. If he comes to Saints and knuckles down he'll do well.

The thought of MacLean, May, Goodwillie, Croft, Wotherspoon and O'halloran makes me pretty damn excited about next season. We'd be a match for anyone. Throw in a fit Murray Davidson and a couple of signings and who wouldn't want to watch saints?

There would be 3 potential Scotland players in that Squad, 2 already with full caps.

Edited by Broon

He was never on trial!

You there MS?

was this morning yes. Players are doing a double shift up there back out on runs this pm. playing 7 a side games for part of this morning. Changed days for pre season all very scientific.

I find that hard to believe but would love to be proven wrong

Believe what you want.

Think Goodwillie would definitely be a worthwhile asset to the squad, a fresh start and if we can get him playing like he did when he was leading the line for Scotland we will have a fine player on our hands! Will certainly have plenty of service and on a free transfer it's surely a no brainer if wages aren't too big an issue!

I certainly believe he was there dunno why anyone is doubting MS,but it could just be a case of he was training with us for his own fitness needs nowt to do with having a trial. Plenty players do it. For the record i think he would be a great signing if he gets back to near his best,but as we all know wages could certainly be the major hurdle.It'll all break down to just how much he wants to get back playing on a regular basis,playing for saints will certainly give him that stepping stone back into the limelight or at least the chance to prove he's getting back to his best

Purely on ability, Goodwillie would be a great signing. Hopefully he will stay on his feet a bit more than when he was with his previous employers doon the river.

Personal life, hee haw to do with us really. Yes, the nightclub skirmishes and questionable sexual activities may or may not have happened, but everyone deserves the right to earn a living.

If he keeps his nose clean and plays as well as we all know he can, this could well be a tidy bit of business for Saints and Goodwillie. IF it happens.

FWIW I've always hated him, but that will change if he signs for us!

I certainly believe he was there dunno why anyone is doubting MS,but it could just be a case of he was training with us for his own fitness needs nowt to do with having a trial. Plenty players do it. For the record i think he would be a great signing if he gets back to near his best,but as we all know wages could certainly be the major hurdle.It'll all break down to just how much he wants to get back playing on a regular basis,playing for saints will certainly give him that stepping stone back into the limelight or at least the chance to prove he's getting back to his best

I think the fact that the Club have made no secret of there desire to sign him and TW was quoted last week as saying they have spoken would suggest that the player is here to see how things go. Maybe it is more the Club being on trial than the player being on trial at the Club.

I think the fact that the Club have made no secret of there desire to sign him and TW was quoted last week as saying they have spoken would suggest that the player is here to see how things go. Maybe it is more the Club being on trial than the player being on trial at the Club.

What ever way it is i hope yer right MS,again i think he has the potential to be a great signing

Ex falkirk and carlisle striker lee miller looking for a club

would be a cheaper option than goodwillie whos probably looking for eng chamionship wages

Was he not at Carlisle for a while. Probably putting himself out here as an option for Falkirk who are looking for a player coach to help Houston..

I would much rather have Clark playing games than warming the bench for a season. I think Banks is exactly what you need for a reserve keeper. Experienced, seems to be a good goalie coach and understands that he's second choice.

If Clark performs well enough, he'll get his chance when Mannus leaves.

I agree wholeheartedly and believe the same situation applies to Kane if we sign another forward. He too would be much better off learning his trade elsewhere but I do not see this happening as TW stated he wants four strikers (even though we got by with three last season.)