Player contracts and transfers

David123

I'm aware. The fact he's in good form, and Cummins has zero confidence, is the only difference, Cummins proved last season how good he is, and it's bizarre how many people seem to have completely written him off. Likely the same folk who said Macca should retire. 

It's bizarre how you are happy to write off Watson and Paton. 

It's bizarre how you are happy to write off Watson and Paton. 

I'd written Watson off before we signed him, if you remember, as he's an injury prone mess. Not something we're short off. 

Paton is a bust. Folk can pretend he's playing well if they want, but the best he'll be is a Scobbie level player for us, who'll get games here and there but is too shit to ever be first choice. 

I'd written Watson off before we signed him, if you remember, as he's an injury prone mess. Not something we're short off. 

Paton is a bust. Folk can pretend he's playing well if they want, but the best he'll be is a Scobbie level player for us, who'll get games here and there but is too shit to ever be first choice. 

Until the next time we win a few games and everything is "utterly tremendous" again.

And the cycle will continue.

My opinion of Watson and Paton hasn't changed once this season. 

All that suggests is that you're unwilling to even give them a chance. 

Paton might well have been a complete horror show against Dundee but he's fitted in well imo and was excellent against Sevco. 

No chance will they be punted in January. 

Watson might in the summer time if his injury troubles continue. He did look to have turned the corner at St Mirren and it's disappointing that we've barely seen him.

All that suggests is that you're unwilling to even give them a chance.

Maybe, but it's not as if I'm just basing it on nothing. Watsons entire career has been littered with injuries to the point where he was free to drop down a division, while Paton is a complete joke figure to both Partick and United fans, something that's becoming understandable. 

They aren't unknowns to me. It worries me TW targeted them this summer, especially since he also went for Ryan Dow, someone who's struggling for County. 

Maybe, but it's not as if I'm just basing it on nothing. Watsons entire career has been littered with injuries to the point where he was free to drop down a division, while Paton is a complete joke figure to both Partick and United fans, something that's becoming understandable. 

They aren't unknowns to me. It worries me TW targeted them this summer, especially since he also went for Ryan Dow, someone who's struggling for County. 

Paton is in no way a joke figure to United fans. Thistle maybe, but then Aberdeen fans hate Foster. 

You were quite pleased with Dow being linked if I remember correctly.

It's Coulson that worries me just now....

Paton is in no way a joke figure to United fans. Thistle maybe, but then Aberdeen fans hate Foster. 

You were quite pleased with Dow being linked if I remember correctly.

It's Coulson that worries me just now....

I came and went with Dow, he was regularly the only United player who impressed me and he had a pace and directness we missed. He's utterly toothless though. 

Coulsons someone I want to do well, but again, his injury problems mean he's someone we should have stayed away from. 

And yet again we have a Saints defeat followed by a Random guy over reaction. I think some relish defeats more than victories. so they can vent their frustration via the keyboard.

Paton is not a joke and to start calling a professional player a joke is pathetic, particularly when you could not lace that so called jokes boots.

Watson had injury problems (knee cap dislocations) when he was younger but has played around about 30 matches in each season from 2012-13 to 2015-16.

Guest ScottMann

Yay, Happy January Transfer Window time. Looking forward to a month of Tommy saying nothing's happening, loads of bullshit rumours from 'in the know' posters, online tantrums because nobody's been brought in then someone totally unexpected signing about 30 minutes before the deadline. 

We desperately need a commanding CB , I think that ando is still a valuable player to the team but he is more of an intelligent  defender rather than a commanding CB, Ando was at his best with the likes of Doobs or Wright . Saying that theirs not many around with real quality that is within are budget.

Personally I would like to see more of Liam Gordon, think his showing at the Dons proves that he could be the future of the defensive.

Tommys priority is definitely a defender rather than a striker 

I'm not too big a fan of Paton either and I agree with the Scobbie comparisons. I do think that he played well against Rangers and is a useful backup.  I think the big difference yesterday was the Davidson/Paton central midfield partnership. Chris Millar is a centre midfielder who will always show for the ball, not panic when in tight spaces, and looks to move the ball forward when the opportunity arrives. Davidson is a huge presence in midfield and wins a lot of tackles but very rarely looks to take possession from the defenders. Paton is a bit better than that but, on receiving a pass from a defender, he generally passes it backwards or sideways. The Davidson/Paton partnership doesn't work and we were almost immediately a better team when spoony replaced Paton and gave the team a centre midfielder who could pass it forward.

I'd actually be interested to see if Alston could do a similar job to Millar in CM. He doesn't have the pace of a winger or the crossing ability of a right midfielder. He does look like he's willing to take the ball into feet in tight spaces and doesn't panic. I'd rather get spoony back at RM long term. 

We desperately need a commanding CB , I think that ando is still a valuable player to the team but he is more of an intelligent  defender rather than a commanding CB, Ando was at his best with the likes of Doobs or Wright . Saying that theirs not many around with real quality that is within are budget.

Personally I would like to see more of Liam Gordon, think his showing at the Dons proves that he could be the future of the defensive.

Tommys priority is definitely a defender rather than a striker 

IMG_0629.JPG