Player contracts and transfers

David123

What is the 'budget' as such for new players? Presumably Wright still wants a Swanson type player, but do we have the funds for more?

I wonder if a big centre half is needed? Yes we have Wright and Anderson to come back, but chances are we will pick up more injuries and in my opinion are still 1 short.

Doubt if we will sign another defender. We already have plenty who can play there.

Saints need to be careful with their squad size. When you have Davidson and three or four players approaching the end of their career (Dave, Wright, Macca) there is likely to be spells of injury or players needing rest. We can't go too small in order to free up wages for Swanson and risk really struggling numbers wise.

I think we have pretty decent numbers and options just now and Swanson would be a very good addition- but it's all down to budget. If we had to let go of say two players to bring him in- it would be a risk.

I wouldn't be shocked if Frazer Wright is moved on. Only featured in two of the six games so far and the manager possibly feels he casts a big shadow over McKay and Scobbie. With the start Shaughnessy has made, Mackay at centre back is looking a likely possibility too.

Obviously that wont be a popular suggestion or move if it does happen.

You're looking at Wright (not playing, maybe struggling to cope with training), Lappin (not contributing and maybe willing to drop a level for a bigger squad role/coaching role), Brown (not going to play and needing game time) and Kane (probably fifth choice up front now with MacLean and Cummins getting goals) as the most obvious outgoings IMO

Any link to his quote?

Fraz like last year may well be nursing in the "magic hip injection" ( No a magic sponge noo), I do not think he will move on, however due to TW reluctance to use young players there is no point in keeping, Caddis, Brown, Rodgers and Easton if he does not want to use them. I suppose it would be to hopeful that we may move on , Lappin,Sutton,Scobbie , instead.   

Fraz like last year may well be nursing in the "magic hip injection" ( No a magic sponge noo), I do not think he will move on, however due to TW reluctance to use young players there is no point in keeping, Caddis, Brown, Rodgers and Easton if he does not want to use them. I suppose it would be to hopeful that we may move on , Lappin,Sutton,Scobbie , instead.

Why on earth would we move on Sutton?

caddis and brown out on loan and I have a feeling that we would not be hard to deal with if someone wanted to sign Fraser Wright.

You could be right. Wright doesn't seem to have any faith in youth.

It amazes me that teams in the EPL can play teenagers in a big league like that but we have players now in their 20s who can't get a game in a micky mouse league.

You could be right. Wright doesn't seem to have any faith in youth.

It amazes me that teams in the EPL can play teenagers in a big league like that but we have players now in their 20s who can't get a game in a micky mouse league.

Might be the fact EPL sides pump 14 year olds full of growth hormones so they're capable of physically competing from an early age, while we have to develop them naturally up here