Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

41 minutes ago, Cagey said:

What's negative about being concerned that it has not happened yet. I know we have til 11.59 tonight ,that doesn't stop we thinking Aberdeen or Hibs might steal someone else's signing again.

By the way is he not a free agent .

Transfers don't happen instantly and if you didn't notice we played a game yesterday which is more important.

I really don't think the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen are going to be signing a player they probably hadn't even heard off based on the fact we want to sign him. It's not like teams put weeks of scouting and research into their targets, but you carry on believing that teams sign players on a whim.

I won't even get into the fact that just about every other team in the league has an abundance of strikers (bar Dundee United) and none are likely to be adding any to their squads. 

10 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Tanto away back to Millwall "by mutual consent" - so 2 strikers down?

Not a surprise. Played a bit in the friendly with Aberdeen winning a pen & free kick which Tanser scored but only got 10 mins as sub in another game but didn't show much. Callum must see him in training & decided he is not going to do it even though we were desperate for a striker.

Good luck to the lad & hope that losing his mate does not effect Danny's form.

I wonder if regular first team football for Danny, and the fact that he has been doing very well, might just be enough to convince him that he has a future in Perth, rather than hoping he might make a breakthrough at Millwall. He has been one of our brighter stars this season and surely Callum, and whoever controls the purse strings can do something, but did I not read somewhere that he had recently signed a new contract? Maybe prohibitive then.

20 hours ago, Shibbydoo said:

Hopefully a good signing but I thought we were looking for someone who could compete with the CBs with cross balls. This guy is 5ft 8in.

Maybe ive got the wrong end of the stick though on requirements

Fair point but the great Paddy Buckley was only 5ft 6in.

9 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Delighted with the news that we signed him but stating

"New St Johnstone striker Guy Melamed will only be available for selection once he has completed 14-days of isolation."

That is 2 weeks before he can train with team could be 4 weeks before he starts.

Thought it was stated he was at the park at weekend. I was sure he would have to isolate.

It's certainly and exciting signing.

I'm intrigued by Davidson's comments that he 'liked the look of him in the videos'. Sounds like he hasn't seen any more of him than any of us have. How did this even come about? I'm doubting we have contacts in Israel. Was he sending videos of himself to clubs in Scotland in the hope of getting a deal?

Davidson also said we were choosing between a 'target man or someone to score goals' and we 'went for the latter'. Not quite sure what the use of a target man who doesn't score goals would be, but I'm glad we did.

42 minutes ago, Linky said:

It's certainly and exciting signing.

I'm intrigued by Davidson's comments that he 'liked the look of him in the videos'. Sounds like he hasn't seen any more of him than any of us have. How did this even come about? I'm doubting we have contacts in Israel. Was he sending videos of himself to clubs in Scotland in the hope of getting a deal?

Davidson also said we were choosing between a 'target man or someone to score goals' and we 'went for the latter'. Not quite sure what the use of a target man who doesn't score goals would be, but I'm glad we did.

Think his agent knew we were looking for a striker & sent the footage to Saints.

This is probably how most signings work at our level.

30 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Think his agent knew we were looking for a striker & sent the footage to Saints.

This is probably how most signings work at our level.

Possibly. This isn’t a road Saints often go down. When was the last time we signed a player from outside the uk? Vihmann was on loan & actually seen in a game, Krachunov perhaps?

6 minutes ago, Linky said:

Possibly. This isn’t a road Saints often go down. When was the last time we signed a player from outside the uk? Vihmann was on loan & actually seen in a game, Krachunov perhaps?

The New Zealand striker? He was great. And, if you go by what international team you qualify for, Spoony!