Mondays Big Signings!!

sideshowbob1974

Got told form a reliable source,who works at McDairmid Park today that

ALAN MAIN will sign a 3 year deal with Saints on Monday,and he has played his last game for Gretna

Also Steve Tosh will more than likely be introduced with Main on Monday,providing he sorts out problems with money due to him

Watching Main today,i think its obvious that he is coming,he must have waved to the Saints fans about 25 times

Also it was Willie Mclaren who punched Davie Irons today,saw it quite clearly

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ALAN MAIN will sign a 3 year deal with Saints on Monday,and he has played his last game for Gretna

Also Steve Tosh will more than likely be introduced with Main on Monday,providing he sorts out problems with money due to him

Watching Main today,i think its obvious that he is coming,he must have waved to the Saints fans about 25 times

Yeah, I've been under the impression that Main will sign after the Gretna agme. If Tosh aswell, that would be great, and could be enough for us to push Gretna all the way.

From some of the posts on the Gretna Forum there fans are livid at the way Main embraced the Saints support and only gave them the one wave. They should have offered him a better deal and sooner if they held the opinion that he was the best keeper in the league which he is.

Mr Main was in Pizza Hut, Perth today having lunch with his family. Does this mean he was:

a) shopping in Perth? :shock:

B) visiting friends/relatives? :?

c) collecting his winnings at the bookies fae yesterday's line? :D

d) signing for St Johnstone FC? 8)

Well we have needed a goalkeeping coach for years and Main fits the bill. Lets hope Main brings out the best in Cuthbert and makes him a fine keeper in the same mould as himself.

I'm not so sure... I wouldn't be surprised if Cuthbert decides to take his chances and head elsewhere come the end of the season. He's got to be looking to become an established number 1 at this stage of his career, and I just can't see that ever happening for him here.

I'm not so sure... I wouldn't be surprised if Cuthbert decides to take his chances and head elsewhere come the end of the season. He's got to be looking to become an established number 1 at this stage of his career, and I just can't see that ever happening for him here.

he is at the moment I dont think main would be brought here as number one but he is a damn good back up and coach

he is at the moment I dont think main would be brought here as number one but he is a damn good back up and coach

You don't think Main will come here as number 1?? :shock: There's no way Saints are going to the effort of bringing the best keeper in the league here, only to pick Cuthbert ahead of him.

Cuthbert isn't really the established number 1 here - he's getting a game at the moment practically by default. We all know Coyle wants someone better to play ahead of him, hence why Halliwell was brought in. Even if Main doesn't end up coming here, you can bet that Coyle will be looking for another keeper to come in and take Cuthbert's place.

I know any Saints signing wont be given much coverage in the national press but I suspect the 2 lines they might have given us will disappear totally given that McLeish's announcement is due tomorrow too.

That will shade us, but with Hibs coming up and our high profile win on Saturday we may get a wee column!

Now that McInnes is on board, Hardie seems to be in good form in central midfield and we've got Sheerin, McLaren and Morais all competing for the wide roles, it would be interesting to see where Tosh would fit into the midfield - and who would drop out. How do folk think Coyle is planning to have us ideally line-up?