Scottish Cup

cristo

9 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Reports were that they all refused to host it but the Daily Record said the SFA decided not to move it:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-cup-final-fans-lockout-23986338

The Sun said the SFA tried but failed to move it:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7025320/sfa-tried-failed-move-scottish-cup-final-hampden/

Aye we aw know the outcome if the the had got to the final.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Since the creation of the League Cup, either Celtic or Rangers have always played in at least one Semi Final in every season since.

So since 1946/47, every season has had either Celtic or Rangers in a Cup Semi, until this season.

Isn’t that exactly what I just said? But thanks anyway.

To allow fans to see the Scottish Cup Final I don’t understand why the SFA can’t either.......

1) break the contract they have with themselves concerning the use o& Hampden  or

2) agree with UEFA to use the Scottish cup final as a test event for Euros or

3) move the final out with weegieland as both septic and sevco have said they don’t wish to host it (which they are perfectly entitled to do)

I would be happy to sit in any stadium in Scotland if I was given the chance to see Saints in a cup final (even ER for a Saints v Hibs final)

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

There's a story about it somewhere.

Both OF said no, Hearts have said no, Murrayfield said no, and they don't want to offer Hibs it as its got to be a neutral venue unless they've zero choice.

One of the reasons seems to be that the SFA have left it too late to ask these clubs, and the clubs have now all made arrangements to be starting work on relaying their pitches etc by the time the final happens. I can't help but wonder if trying a bit harder and offering a bit more money could have changed that. I'm also a bit sceptical about how hard they tried to persuade UEFA to allow some fans in to Hampden. I'd have thought it would be in UEFA's interests to allow another big game to happen there with some fans in attendance to make sure it all goes smoothly.

Never-gonna-happen but Newcastle's stadium seems to be available as they said just a week or so ago that they'd be able to take on some of the Euros matches if necessary.

Still, it's obviously not going to happen now.

41 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

One of the reasons seems to be that the SFA have left it too late to ask these clubs, and the clubs have now all made arrangements to be starting work on relaying their pitches etc by the time the final happens. I can't help but wonder if trying a bit harder and offering a bit more money could have changed that. I'm also a bit sceptical about how hard they tried to persuade UEFA to allow some fans in to Hampden. I'd have thought it would be in UEFA's interests to allow another big game to happen there with some fans in attendance to make sure it all goes smoothly.

Never-gonna-happen but Newcastle's stadium seems to be available as they said just a week or so ago that they'd be able to take on some of the Euros matches if necessary.

Still, it's obviously not going to happen now.

I think there is also the cost in hiring ground,security,Covid protocol against the limited attendance making too costly.

On 5/2/2021 at 5:43 PM, HALLS ANGEL said:

In reply to Blueheaven’s post regarding Scottish Cup semifinals.

The semifinals of 1968 Scottish Cup were St Johnstone v Dunfermline and Hearts v Morton. 

Still one of my greatest disappointments supporting Saints not making the final that year. 

Tiny Wharton the t*** referee

13 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Seems to be some confusion. BBC said 3 in an article, but are saying TBC in the fixtures list. However, the SFA on their SC page are saying 2, so I suppose we should assume they know when their own game kicks off,

Could it be European time for Premier viewers.

SFA know their own kick off time ¿??? They don't know the time of day. They are a disgrace. Just look how they haven't attempted to get crowds in to games.

14 minutes ago, chips said:

Help me oot here....just got told that its one of my grandkids birthday party on 22nd (12pm-3pm)... love her tae bits but it's fecking cup final day...ffs 

Ah the wee soul.  Suggest a game of hide and seek at 1.55, Grandad to give a prize to everyone who stays hidden for 45 minutes.