Celtic V St.Johnstone - October 23rd

SaintJet

8 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Probably not in an away game just a week after we've lost 3-0.

A thumping today and all confidence as lost, at least the players can look at it and see it was just daft, avoidable, errors again.

I think that was how Saints approached the game.

I have to admit that before the game I would have taken 3-0. We had to avoid a hammering score wise.

19 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Wotherspoon still looks tired to me. International games means he needs rested and he's not getting it.

Middleton and MacPherson offered little defensively today, with the latter it's a big thing as McCann was so good in that part of the game. Not fair to compare them maybe, but the manager put that tag on MacPherson and he's not even coming close to it.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we have Bryson, Davidson, and Crawford, a run in the middle, but one way or another he needs to settle on a line up and play them for a run of games.

Agree with this. I think we're missing someone to play the McCann role and that has disrupted our system a bit. Crawford has looked good so far but plays in a position that our most successful system can't really accommodate. I've liked the look of MacPherson but as you say I don't think he's going to fill that more defensive role that McCann had made his own. Perhaps in time the plan is to mould him into that kind of player, but it's not who he is right now.

One thing we always heard said about Saints last season was that everyone knew their role really well, and the system made us incredibly difficult to beat - I definitely feel that the loss of McCann has led to some tinkering which seems to have made us a bit more fragile. Even when McCann was still here, though, we were struggling creatively, so something different needed to be tried.

Penalty was hard to see on any of the camera angles I saw on tv. Didnt seem to be any protest from Saints. Ref did not hesitate to give it and Sportscene pundits reckoned it was without a doubt. Whats others thoughts. Not sure how pundits can say without a doubt yet viewers are not shown the angle where it was clear.

4 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

just watched highlights. how anyone can blame Ambrose Is beyond me

beats me.Saints lose,let's all jump on the blame Efe bus!

It was the radio commentators that were saying a really bad pass from Ambrose accross the middle of the pitch lead to the 2nd goal. It lead to everyone scrambling about but dont think he can take sole blame. Everyone looked at 6s and 7s and probably tiredness by that stage of the game. Mistakes are made, thats how most goals are scored. Problem is McCart, Booth and Gordon will be cut a fair bit of slack over any mistakes given how good they have been for Saints. Ambrose doesnt have that luxury unfortunately as far as the critics go. Need to just give the guy a chance.

Edited by Rob

On 10/25/2021 at 1:41 PM, Pat McGroin said:

Haven’t seen the highlights yet but chat at the Jeanie game was that Booth had a howler for one of the goals?

He misjudged a high deflection. I think Spoony's getting away with his contribution though. He seemed to have started off shadowing Ralston but when play got nearer the box he became static and ball watched while Ralston kept going leaving him free after Booth's foxes paw. If he'd stayed with Ralston he could've put it out for a corner. Love Spoony but don't think he's having a great season.

15 minutes ago, Sergei said:

He misjudged a high deflection. I think Spoony's getting away with his contribution though. He seemed to have started off shadowing Ralston but when play got nearer the box he became static and ball watched while Ralston kept going leaving him free after Booth's foxes paw. If he'd stayed with Ralston he could've put it out for a corner. Love Spoony but don't think he's having a great season.

He is. 

For Canada......