St.Johnstone V Aberdeen - Saturday 11th December

SaintJet

11 minutes ago, rickardo said:

Team were ****in shite though , relegation all over again . All down to Broon being a tight fisted **** . And while I’m on my soap box ,it’s ridiculous the way that McDiarmid has been run into the ground .Place is a dump nothing short of embarrassing .

I'd post the same, but @blueheaven would soil his arbitrary "beige" nappies/ stating the obvious comment. 

But apparently he doesn't react to my posts. Because he's nesting in pc world.

I think some are over reacting. But the threat is real. 

Chancing January signings to keep us up is a bit dangerous to say the least. 

we shouldn't be in this position. 

This fall's squarely at SB. f*cked us over with McCann, put CD in a dire position. SB had better make the correction with the fantasy sale of McCann. & his "add-ons"!

SB, you f*cled us. 

Get out.

2 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Whilst I would agree with most of your thoughts about Brown, a lot of blame for this is down to the returning legend, Davidson. His belated introduction of subs is embarrassing and his reliance on playing poorly performing players is nothing short of suicidal. He is in the wrong job. One season wonder! Off you go. As for the Director of Football, or whatever he is called, I hope he is not getting a big salary! Shambolic

I agree with you. This is scarily reminiscent of the past.. we gave contracts to "club servants". You know the managers that did this... There's 3 that did this, and we suffered. A clear out is required. Stuff loans, get us a team.

12 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Whilst I would agree with most of your thoughts about Brown, a lot of blame for this is down to the returning legend, Davidson. His belated introduction of subs is embarrassing and his reliance on playing poorly performing players is nothing short of suicidal. He is in the wrong job. One season wonder! Off you go. As for the Director of Football, or whatever he is called, I hope he is not getting a big salary! Shambolic

That's maybe a bit harsh... But also maybe true.

This will reignite the "owner" of the squad. He made the signings. CD, tinkered with the formation. 

The test of CD is now. Not a squad he inherited.

Can CD make a decent signing?

Honestly the abuse the players are getting is ****ing unreal. Do they not get any slack for what they achieved last season . It’s a tough league and Aberdeen weren’t any better than us yesterday . The amount of money the dons are paying players compared with us and games are getting decided on refereeing mistakes . Hibs twice , Celtic cup , Aberdeen . We got a heavy defeat at home to Livi where we let them bully us which was much like the first game against them last season at Almondvale but everything else has been really close hard fought games . 
 There isn’t much between us last season and this apart from probably losing our 2 best players . You can probably add Zander to that list  . His mum and dad are lovely couple and if he does go I’m gonna  miss them as much as the big man . That’ll be another huge loss . We need to find another Liam , Spoony and Zander for next season if David’s injury doesn’t improve . Muzz is struggling as well . Callum did the impossible to get the 2 cups . This is now the hardest job any St.Johnstone manager and Chairman has ever had trying to get a new younger team to compete in this league . You only have to look at what Jack Ross has done at Hibs . We rode or luck in that semi final last season and could have no complaints about being 2 or 3 nil down by half time . The expectations of fans and some of the boards at clubs is unrealistic giving no respect to other similar clubs in the division . 
 Killie are now struggling in the championship and a team that we beat this season above them flying high . I think we’d struggle to beat d*** Campbell’s team now as it stands without Kerr and McCann . 
  Look I’m still as positive as I was last season that we have the right manager and coaching staff  at our club . We have some really talented young lads coming through and I’m sure Alastair has chosen wisely again . Well they’re playing week in week out with their lower league clubs just like others that have went on to do unbelievable things here have done . Hopefully there is some scope to get a couple more faces in to freshen things up in the next few weeks . 

On paper the league is stronger than usual but it’s really not. Only really Hearts and to an extent Utd are stronger. Aberdeen were there for the taking yesterday but we don’t score goals. We’re the only team Hibs have beaten in like 10 games. We fully deserve to be bottom.

We’re now in the position where we should be building towards next season/second half of this season in terms of signings/pre-contracts. We can’t guarantee what league we’ll be in next season. We’re negotiating with players while being bottom of the league. How can we attract the calibre of players needed to get us out of this situation if there’s a doubt about what league we’re in next season?

This season continues to be a complete disaster. Amateur stuff.

29 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

On paper the league is stronger than usual but it’s really not. Only really Hearts and to an extent Utd are stronger. Aberdeen were there for the taking yesterday but we don’t score goals. We’re the only team Hibs have beaten in like 10 games. We fully deserve to be bottom.

We’re now in the position where we should be building towards next season/second half of this season in terms of signings/pre-contracts. We can’t guarantee what league we’ll be in next season. We’re negotiating with players while being bottom of the league. How can we attract the calibre of players needed to get us out of this situation if there’s a doubt about what league we’re in next season?

This season continues to be a complete disaster. Amateur stuff.

Agree. The position we are in and the fact we might be in the championship next season will make it difficult to make decent signings.

Listening to the manager's comments after the game I think he's in danger of hiding behind poor refereeing to deflect from our own very obvious problems. Can only hope he's making these comments in public so as not to further dent team morale, and that what he's saying/thinking behind closed doors is very different.

My heart sank when I saw the team line-up before the game. I like Middleton but he's had a really poor season and it sends out completely the wrong message when he walks straight back into the starting line-up after an injury, ahead of other players who have shown far more promise. For me, at least one of Eetu and Viv (preferably both) should have started that game. Eetu showed when he came off the bench that he can make a real impact on proceedings, and Viv hasn't had much time but is surely worth a longer shot. Instead, we get the same old reliance on the same old players who are just not producing the goods. That really isn't sending out a good message to either the players or us as fans.

I do think we played better in the second half yesterday but as usual we huffed and puffed, created very little, then conceded a goal and were left chasing the game with no time to claw back a goal. Way too many of CD's decisions are reactive to going a goal down, instead of making changes at an earlier point so that we can keep things fresh and gain some sort of advantage. CD comes out at some point each week and says he's been working on a new plan and training's going well and he's going to change it, but every game is like a groundhog day that follows the same pattern and you can see it coming. 

The manager's approach to tactics is way too cautious, his approach to giving some of his own new signings a chance is way too cautious, and if he doesn't make a proper change quickly it's going to kill us.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Listening to the manager's comments after the game I think he's in danger of hiding behind poor refereeing to deflect from our own very obvious problems. Can only hope he's making these comments in public so as not to further dent team morale, and that what he's saying/thinking behind closed doors is very different.

My heart sank when I saw the team line-up before the game. I like Middleton but he's had a really poor season and it sends out completely the wrong message when he walks straight back into the starting line-up after an injury, ahead of other players who have shown far more promise. For me, at least one of Eetu and Viv (preferably both) should have started that game. Eetu showed when he came off the bench that he can make a real impact on proceedings, and Viv hasn't had much time but is surely worth a longer shot. Instead, we get the same old reliance on the same old players who are just not producing the goods. That really isn't sending out a good message to either the players or us as fans.

I do think we played better in the second half yesterday but as usual we huffed and puffed, created very little, then conceded a goal and were left chasing the game with no time to claw back a goal. Way too many of CD's decisions are reactive to going a goal down, instead of making changes at an earlier point so that we can keep things fresh and gain some sort of advantage. CD comes out at some point each week and says he's been working on a new plan and training's going well and he's going to change it, but every game is like a groundhog day that follows the same pattern and you can see it coming. 

The manager's approach to tactics is way too cautious, his approach to giving some of his own new signings a chance is way too cautious, and if he doesn't make a proper change quickly it's going to kill us.

Agree with the majority but I think Callum doesn’t make enough of the decisions against us . If you go through all the results this season it’s a fine line between a sending off , penalty or hand ball when it’s a close game . I think Bryson played exactly the same way as he did against Hibs but was sent off by half time in that game . 
  Consistency is the key and the officials have been consistently poor . Linesman at our side getting a few decisions wrong for both teams . 
  Free hit at Ibrox . We’re either getting mauled or putting in a brave battling 4-0 win 

Edited by Evansabove

8 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

We're not in this situation because of referees.

Don’t agree, I think it’s one of the major reasons we’re here.  Yes, you can expect some bad decisions to go against you but this year that has been  worse than any other and cost us several points.

I really am not that keen on VAR but Scottish referees at the moment are so poor and inconsistent that I’d welcome it in our league.

granted it’s not the only reason along with the loss of players and poor recruitment but it’s certainly not a factor that should be dismissed.